• 33(current)
Release CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
(2015-09-24, 17:32)HTFanatic Wrote: I can't say I have tried this version, or any version yet, but I just finished reading every single post for the 32 pages of this thread and its been an enlightening experience
including how positive everyone is about their experiences with this add-on.

I'm too busy building my HT to be able to provide any feedback, or any issues with this program because I haven't had time to fix my dedicated HTPC
which will use this incredible add on! Tonight I will be installing the restore DVDs for my HP Desktop HTPC and once I get that up and running by the weekend, I will definitely
be immediately installing CinemaVision and will post lots of details.

Thanks CinemaVision-Scott for taking up the reigns by creating the idea and management everything. Even if you are not explicitly the one coding this awesome Kodi Add-on,
you still took the time and creativity to hire a developer and project manage the whole thing as well as acting as a liaison between us end users and the developers!
The tasks are herculean!

It's a group effort, really. We couldn't have done any of this without the folks that support us and gave us the feedback that helped us blueprint the add-on. I for one appreciate the kind words! It's a bit of a task, to be sure, but I think it's well worth it.

(2015-09-24, 17:33)MidnightWatcher Wrote: This one is working great for me so far with basic testing.

Excellent to hear!

(2015-09-24, 18:56)kgian Wrote: Tried it yesterday quickly before watching a movie in my secondary windows 8.1 HTPC , kodi 14.2. Everything went smoothly. Did not have time to test extensively, or for 3d functionality yet.

Test all the things! We're hoping to get to a stable release very soon.

(2015-09-25, 02:38)GoofyJeff Wrote: Basic testing last night and this evening didn't show any problems. Will be testing it more extensively and thoroughly over the weekend.

I appreciate the due diligence. I'm looking forward to the feedback.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
Finally got my network issues worked out (I hope) and was able to play around with CV again.

The 2D sequence seems to work well except for 1 thing. CV it updating local trailers with an OSD every time it runs. This, of course, isn't very cinematic.

The 3D sequence does not work as I think it's supposed to unless what I think is incorrect. I've made a different sequence for 3D from 2D and changed the 3D tags so CV knows it's about to play a 3D movie. The sequence doesn't play the designed 3D sequence. Instead it plays the trivia (as it should) then skips to the first common bumper "where 3D exists" and plays it, then a few of the modules in the 2D sequence which are not included in the 3D sequence. Then it gets to the audio bumpers where 3D videos do exist and plays those before starting the movie. Should it not be playing the 3D specified sequence for a 3D movie?

Also, is there a way to limit or include/exclude local trailers based on 3D tags yet? I don't want a 3D library trailer to play in the 2D sequence and I would like to add them to the 3D sequence but only show 3D trailers from the Kodi library.

One other thing I've noticed is when you run CV for a movie then back out from the movies list to the main menu you have to "back out" from the appdata/kodi/playlists/video menu. Why is that? Video Extras add-on does the same thing and it's pretty annoying when you should just jump right to the main menu.
Scott the latest version is near perfect as far as I'm concerned. I just hope that eventually you are able to implement a way to play any video bumper we choose based on conditions like name of movie, tag etc... I want to be able to play a particular IMAX trailer before playing an IMAX movie.
Display: LG OLED77C9 | A/V Receiver: Denon AVR-X4500H | 2019 Nvidia Shield Tv Pro | Apple TV 4K | 2017 Roku Ultra | HTPC | Game PC | PS5 
If not already asked as a feature, but is it possible to have a enable/disable button for the Refresh rate ?

I have a beamer for example, and everytime it skips from a trailer to a one of my Feature intros , it does a Refresh , and te screen remains dark for a few secs , and you miss half of the Intro for example.

Cinema Experience had that in the latest version.

Thanks in advance , great stuff though !!!
One more thing.

I installed 0.43 and did not pay attention , so it downloaded trivia's etc...

after that , i changed the path ,and i wanted to download the trivia's and the other stuff again , but it doesn't let me do that.

I don't know if it's a bug or if i'm missing something .

Thanks
(2015-09-25, 17:13)blackreign66 Wrote: Scott the latest version is near perfect as far as I'm concerned. I just hope that eventually you are able to implement a way to play any video bumper we choose based on conditions like name of movie, tag etc... I want to be able to play a particular IMAX trailer before playing an IMAX movie.

See here. Smile
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
(2015-09-25, 17:43)DrPepper Wrote: If not already asked as a feature, but is it possible to have a enable/disable button for the Refresh rate ?

I have a beamer for example, and everytime it skips from a trailer to a one of my Feature intros , it does a Refresh , and te screen remains dark for a few secs , and you miss half of the Intro for example.

Yep, just insert a cvaction file at the very beginning of the sequence to turn it off, then insert a cvaction file just before the feature to turn it back on. To turn it off, create a file called "adjustrefreshrate_off.cvaction" with the following code (you'll need to use the IP of your device):

Code:
# Turn off refresh rate sync
http://127.0.0.1:80/jsonrpc
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Settings.SetSettingValue", "params": {"setting": "videoplayer.adjustrefreshrate", "value": 0}, "id": 1}

To turn it on, create a file called "adjustrefreshrate_on.cvaction" with the following code (and with your own IP):

Code:
# Turn on refresh rate sync
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Settings.SetSettingValue", "params": {"setting": "videoplayer.adjustrefreshrate", "value": 2}, "id": 1}
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
(2015-09-25, 18:05)MidnightWatcher Wrote:
(2015-09-25, 17:43)DrPepper Wrote: If not already asked as a feature, but is it possible to have a enable/disable button for the Refresh rate ?

Yep, just insert a cvaction file at the very beginning of the sequence to turn it off, then insert a cvaction file just before the feature to turn it back on. To turn it off, create a file called "adjustrefreshrate_off.cvaction" with the following code (you'll need to use the IP of your device):

Code:
# Turn off refresh rate sync
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Settings.SetSettingValue", "params": {"setting": "videoplayer.adjustrefreshrate", "value": 0}, "id": 1}

To turn it on, create a file called "adjustrefreshrate_on.cvaction" with the following code (and with your own IP):

Code:
# Turn on refresh rate sync
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Settings.SetSettingValue", "params": {"setting": "videoplayer.adjustrefreshrate", "value": 2}, "id": 1}

AWESOME , thanks !!
Found another "bug" it is than so.

If you want to add an Action File , you can only choose it from a local drive (Home Folder or Root Filesystem)

I would like however to choose it from my NAS, as i have all my Cinemavision stuff on there.
Lots of activity since I last checked! Most of you guys need to link to your logs. We can't do anything without a log, because we'd be chasing our tails trying to fix things. Special thanks to MidnightWatcher for putting together that Action for us.

(2015-09-25, 12:27)Dave the Minion Wrote: Finally got my network issues worked out (I hope) and was able to play around with CV again.

The 2D sequence seems to work well except for 1 thing. CV it updating local trailers with an OSD every time it runs. This, of course, isn't very cinematic.

The 3D sequence does not work as I think it's supposed to unless what I think is incorrect. I've made a different sequence for 3D from 2D and changed the 3D tags so CV knows it's about to play a 3D movie. The sequence doesn't play the designed 3D sequence. Instead it plays the trivia (as it should) then skips to the first common bumper "where 3D exists" and plays it, then a few of the modules in the 2D sequence which are not included in the 3D sequence. Then it gets to the audio bumpers where 3D videos do exist and plays those before starting the movie. Should it not be playing the 3D specified sequence for a 3D movie?

Also, is there a way to limit or include/exclude local trailers based on 3D tags yet? I don't want a 3D library trailer to play in the 2D sequence and I would like to add them to the 3D sequence but only show 3D trailers from the Kodi library.

One other thing I've noticed is when you run CV for a movie then back out from the movies list to the main menu you have to "back out" from the appdata/kodi/playlists/video menu. Why is that? Video Extras add-on does the same thing and it's pretty annoying when you should just jump right to the main menu.

Good to hear the network issues are resolved, sir. I'm not sure what's going on with your 3D... mine is working as expected. Let me get a log from you so I can figure out what it's doing. There's not currently a way to include/exclude local trailers for library content based on 3D tags. I believe your last item is a function of Kodi and not necessarily a function of CinemaVision. I'll ask the developer, though.

(2015-09-25, 17:13)blackreign66 Wrote: Scott the latest version is near perfect as far as I'm concerned. I just hope that eventually you are able to implement a way to play any video bumper we choose based on conditions like name of movie, tag etc... I want to be able to play a particular IMAX trailer before playing an IMAX movie.

Filename tagging is something we plan to add to the Commands module, but it's not there yet.

(2015-09-25, 17:45)DrPepper Wrote: One more thing.

I installed 0.43 and did not pay attention , so it downloaded trivia's etc...

after that , i changed the path ,and i wanted to download the trivia's and the other stuff again , but it doesn't let me do that.

I don't know if it's a bug or if i'm missing something .

Thanks

I'm not sure what the bug would be here. As long as your trivia is in the Trivia Slides directory in the CinemaVision directory tree, and named correctly, it will scrape them. You can't download trivia from within the add-on yet. Can I get a log from you to see what's going on?

(2015-09-25, 18:13)DrPepper Wrote: Found another "bug" it is than so.

If you want to add an Action File , you can only choose it from a local drive (Home Folder or Root Filesystem)

I would like however to choose it from my NAS, as i have all my Cinemavision stuff on there.

Make sure you add your NAS as a source within Kodi, then you'll be able to use it in CinemaVision.

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
Quote:Make sure you add your NAS as a source within Kodi, then you'll be able to use it in CinemaVision.

It is as a source in Kodi.

if adding for example a Video Bumper or so , it connects to the NAS, but not if i want to add an Action Script.
(2015-09-25, 18:36)DrPepper Wrote:
Quote:Make sure you add your NAS as a source within Kodi, then you'll be able to use it in CinemaVision.

if adding for example a Video Bumper or so , it connects to the NAS, but not if i want to add an Action Script.

So Actions you have in your sequence, when they are run from a NAS, are not executing? Can I get a log from you, and your Action file(s)?

(2015-09-25, 18:46)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote:
(2015-09-25, 18:36)DrPepper Wrote:

So Actions you have in your sequence, when they are run from a NAS, are not executing? Can I get a log from you, and your Action file(s)?

If you have the video bumper movies stored on the NAS, then I would have thought, your network, just might not be quick enough. I store them, (in my case running openelec on a usb stick) in folders on the usb stick.
My movies are on a NAS using homeplugs, & CV now works well.

My other tip, would be, to just add one action, test it, then add others

Sorry if I have misunderstood.
(2015-09-25, 19:38)bubblegum57 Wrote: If you have the video bumper movies stored on the NAS, then I would have thought, your network, just might not be quick enough. I store them, (in my case running openelec on a usb stick) in folders on the usb stick.
My movies are on a NAS using homeplugs, & CV now works well.

My other tip, would be, to just add one action, test it, then add others

Sorry if I have misunderstood.

That's a very good point. It's entirely possible that the NAS is going to sleep and CV can't immediately find the content until the NAS spins up. You could possibly use an Action file to send a wake up command to your NAS and then sleep for a number of seconds to give it time to wake up before continuing with the sequence. Every set up is different, unfortunately.

Log

It doesn't play the 3D sequence as designed, which is weird.

What about the issue of seeing CV scanning for new local trailers before running the sequence?
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home5