• 37(current)
Release CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
(2015-10-04, 05:44)Dave the Minion Wrote:
(2015-10-04, 05:08)DAlba Wrote:
(2015-10-04, 05:00)MidnightWatcher Wrote: For #1 I suspect you stopped the feature before it was finished, so it's still in your queue. When you want to end the movie press Next instead of Stop to see if that helps. If you have nothing else in your CV sequence it should stop.

For #2 try using the bookmark feature to select the chapter you want to get to. If you select Next then CV thinks you want to skip to the next module in the sequence.

Ah I figured that was the case. Both of your solutions work but I still hope this can be addressed somehow in a future update. Work arounds are annoying. Perhaps for someone that doesn't use modules after feature then it should stop trying to skip modules. And allow Stop to clear queue.

If you are using "next" as in PageUp to skip chapters you are doing it wrong. Chapters are handled, by default, with the Up and Down arrows. PageUp is a Kodi function to move to the next sequenced video. It has nothing to do with CV. Just like using the Up arrow in a bumper will have it skip 10 minutes (or likely to the end) as it's intended design within Kodi.

Left/Right arrows skip through videos based on Kodi set intervals which can be adjusted in the settings menu. Up/Down arrows skip 10 minutes or to the next/previous embedded chapter maker which may be the end of a video. PageUp/PageDown skip to the next/previous video in a playlist sequence. This is how Kodi works. And it works very well.

I am using the on screen display to skip chapters.
(2015-10-03, 04:36)marhutchy Wrote: For some reason trailers (scraper - itunes) doesn't play.

LOG

We just did a ton of work with the trailer scrapers even in 0.0.46. I believe we fixed the issue you were seeing. Give the new version a shot and let me know how it goes. It should be up on the site before the end of the weekend.

(2015-10-03, 14:28)michaeldecharon Wrote: Would be nice to add a movie to your watchlist from imdb or add it to couchpotato when watching a trailer from a movie which you want to download

This won't be in the 1.0 release, but I like the idea. It's been added to our round two development list.

(2015-10-03, 20:08)bushhy Wrote: Hi,

The add-on is near perfect for me. Trailers in sub-directories do not play. A trailer that is not in a sub-directory will though. If this is a known bug still , sorry. I think I asked about this feature awhile ago, and I think the reply was that the addon will be able to run trailers that are stored in "trailer-name" sub-directories?

Thanks!

Great to hear! I've reported this to our developer. The only directory that doesn't scan beyond one level deep is Trivia Slides, or it should be. Smile I'll make sure that's the case, and get back to you if he tells me it's not. In the meantime, post up a log for us to review, just in case.

(2015-10-03, 21:00)pcwii Wrote: Been standing on the sidelines playing with the addon for a while now. I was a fan of CE and was excited when CinemaVision-Scott decided to pursue this project.
Thanks CinemaVision-Scott for the great addon, I think this addon is going to get me to weigh into the home automation space as well.

I would like to create an action file for my Hyperion light system where the lights are fixed to white durring all the pre-show entertainment, then dims at the ratings bumper and is fully enabled for the feature.
I am sure this is possible but I am not sure where to go to get started.
Any pointers would be appreciated. I will be happy to provide the action files to the cinemavision.tv website once I have it working.

Thanks again for a great addon

It's not me you should thank. Smile Everyone in the community participated in planning this out with the feedback they had from CE, and their wishlists. Everyone who supported CinemaVision gave us the drive to hire a developer (mostly out of pocket, but even so) that knows what he's doing. Thank all those folks! All I'm doing is managing the project, when it comes down to it.

All that said, you're very welcome. I've never seen a Hyperion system. I've barely seen many systems. Is there a website with documentation for an HTTP driven API that we could look at? In searching, I found an obscure looking one named Hyperion on GitHub, but I'm not sure that's what you're using. Even if you could point us to a website that sells Hyperion, we might be able to use that to track down what we need.

(2015-10-03, 22:42)Banditt Wrote: Was trying a sequence with 0.45 and it went to a black screen and froze.

My log is here Weirdness starts around line 552.

It went to black after the trailers and before the audio format video. I hit pause and a paused icon that came up but it wasn't the one from the skin it seemed. I waited for about 2 minutes and then hit stop.

I launched the sequence from going into the addon and selecting play,.

I also noticed that the "script.cinemavision.dummy_NEXT.mpeg" was causing my projector to change resolution to 50fps so I re-encoded to 23.976fps. A new option might be to check the current resolution and call up the dummy file that matches that resolution.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

We'll take a look at your log to see what's up. We actually fixed a bunch of things including another black screen issue with 0.0.46 which I'll be uploading shortly. Give the new version a shot and post up another log when you can.

The dummy file isn't something we want to store several of in different resolutions. That would balloon the size of the add-on which may keep us out of the official repository if we don't keep a handle on it. We have to save room for future features and the like. The dummy file is there only for testing the sequence, and won't play otherwise. You shouldn't ever see it in normal operation.

(2015-10-04, 05:44)Dave the Minion Wrote:
(2015-10-04, 05:08)DAlba Wrote:
(2015-10-04, 05:00)MidnightWatcher Wrote: For #1 I suspect you stopped the feature before it was finished, so it's still in your queue. When you want to end the movie press Next instead of Stop to see if that helps. If you have nothing else in your CV sequence it should stop.

For #2 try using the bookmark feature to select the chapter you want to get to. If you select Next then CV thinks you want to skip to the next module in the sequence.

Ah I figured that was the case. Both of your solutions work but I still hope this can be addressed somehow in a future update. Work arounds are annoying. Perhaps for someone that doesn't use modules after feature then it should stop trying to skip modules. And allow Stop to clear queue.

If you are using "next" as in PageUp to skip chapters you are doing it wrong. Chapters are handled, by default, with the Up and Down arrows. PageUp is a Kodi function to move to the next sequenced video. It has nothing to do with CV. Just like using the Up arrow in a bumper will have it skip 10 minutes (or likely to the end) as it's intended design within Kodi.

Left/Right arrows skip through videos based on Kodi set intervals which can be adjusted in the settings menu. Up/Down arrows skip 10 minutes or to the next/previous embedded chapter maker which may be the end of a video. PageUp/PageDown skip to the next/previous video in a playlist sequence. This is how Kodi works. And it works very well.

Dave, I couldn't have said it better myself. We use standard Kodi settings as often as we possibly can. There's no sense hijacking hotkeys when we could just adhere to the standard. That also gives us less opportunity for error.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
(2015-10-04, 06:16)DAlba Wrote: I am using the on screen display to skip chapters.

In what skin? It sounds like the issue is the "skip" function is mapped to the PAgeUp/Down keys when it should be the Up/Down arrows, which own't allow you to simply skip to the next CV module necessarily anyways.
The new version is now up on the website! Version 0.0.46 is a bug fix version, but we've added a few new features to the mix. Please update to use this latest version.

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
I did a complete fresh install of 0.0.46 and can report that (so far) everything we've been discussing as issues works! 2D local trailers for 2D movies. 3D trailers for 3D movies. It's pretty awesome.

I still need to figure out Z-Wave for my buddy's home theater but the problem is I have limited time to be able to play around with it so anyone with suggestions there would be great. I did have CE working with Z-Wave before but don't remember a lick of how that went at this point.
Just to let you know the ScopeNox skin has CinemaVision added in also. Cheers for putting the scope option as part of the add on Smile
Yeah cheers Scott and the team and to you Funkd for adding CV to your Skin
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

I can't manage to get the folder structure to be build automatically. No matter if I use a local folder or my network share. The folders stay empty after adding them at the settings.
Trying to use a network share I got this in the logs:
19:05:18 T:9312 ERROR: NFS: Failed to mount nfs share: (nfs_mount_async failed)
19:05:21 T:2812 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting nfs://
19:05:21 T:2812 ERROR: CGUIDialogFileBrowser::GetDirectory(nfs://) failed
But for trying to use a simple local path, nothing comes up in the logs, the settings just close without any message and no folder structure was created.

(I also mentioned this as a comment on your blog, but I think this is a better place to report stuff like this. Feel free to ignore my comment in your blog entry).
Ah, I see. The folder structure is build as soon as I run the add-on. OK - please ignore my previous comment.
Uninstalled everything, installed .46 and the launcher addon.
Got a black screen at the same place. Here is the log

Looking into the log it is playing the sample video.

Some more information
  • Raspberry Pi 2
  • OpenElec
  • Using the launcher to launch CinemaVision
  • Mimic skin
(2015-10-04, 07:52)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote:
(2015-10-03, 21:00)pcwii Wrote: Been standing on the sidelines playing with the addon for a while now. I was a fan of CE and was excited when CinemaVision-Scott decided to pursue this project.
Thanks CinemaVision-Scott for the great addon, I think this addon is going to get me to weigh into the home automation space as well.

I would like to create an action file for my Hyperion light system where the lights are fixed to white durring all the pre-show entertainment, then dims at the ratings bumper and is fully enabled for the feature.
I am sure this is possible but I am not sure where to go to get started.
Any pointers would be appreciated. I will be happy to provide the action files to the cinemavision.tv website once I have it working.

Thanks again for a great addon

It's not me you should thank. Smile Everyone in the community participated in planning this out with the feedback they had from CE, and their wishlists. Everyone who supported CinemaVision gave us the drive to hire a developer (mostly out of pocket, but even so) that knows what he's doing. Thank all those folks! All I'm doing is managing the project, when it comes down to it.

All that said, you're very welcome. I've never seen a Hyperion system. I've barely seen many systems. Is there a website with documentation for an HTTP driven API that we could look at? In searching, I found an obscure looking one named Hyperion on GitHub, but I'm not sure that's what you're using. Even if you could point us to a website that sells Hyperion, we might be able to use that to track down what we need.

"Hyperion is an opensource 'AmbiLight' implementation"
I suspect the GitHub you found is the application I am referring to.
From their GitHub they indicate "Json interface which allows easy integration into scripts."
As I am not entirely familiar with the programming that Cinemavision supports here are some links that might help to determine if we can do this or not.
https://github.com/tvdzwan/hyperion/wiki...nt-example
https://github.com/tvdzwan/hyperion/wiki...ne-utility
I am not certain this is enough information to go on but since I have Hyperion working I am willing to give it a go.

Thanks again
(2015-10-04, 19:37)mswiege Wrote: Ah, I see. The folder structure is build as soon as I run the add-on. OK - please ignore my previous comment.

You got it! I promise we'll put together guides and videos to help everyone use and customize everything once we get to a stable release.

(2015-10-04, 21:49)Banditt Wrote: Uninstalled everything, installed .46 and the launcher addon.
Got a black screen at the same place. Here is the log

Looking into the log it is playing the sample video.

Some more information
  • Raspberry Pi 2
  • OpenElec
  • Using the launcher to launch CinemaVision
  • Mimic skin

You've broken our developer. Smile He can see the error, but it's not making sense to him. We're looking into this, but I might need more information from you. If I do, I'll let you know.

(2015-10-04, 22:37)pcwii Wrote: "Hyperion is an opensource 'AmbiLight' implementation"
I suspect the GitHub you found is the application I am referring to.
From their GitHub they indicate "Json interface which allows easy integration into scripts."
As I am not entirely familiar with the programming that Cinemavision supports here are some links that might help to determine if we can do this or not.
https://github.com/tvdzwan/hyperion/wiki...nt-example
https://github.com/tvdzwan/hyperion/wiki...ne-utility
I am not certain this is enough information to go on but since I have Hyperion working I am willing to give it a go.

Thanks again

This looks pretty straight forward. We might have to test a bit (since every HA solution works differently) but we can work together to get it doing what you want. I'll take a look and see what kind of examples I can come up with.

(2015-10-03, 20:08)bushhy Wrote: Hi,

The add-on is near perfect for me. Trailers in sub-directories do not play. A trailer that is not in a sub-directory will though. If this is a known bug still , sorry. I think I asked about this feature awhile ago, and I think the reply was that the addon will be able to run trailers that are stored in "trailer-name" sub-directories?

Thanks!

Great to hear! I've reported this to our developer. The only directory that doesn't scan beyond one level deep is Trivia Slides, or it should be. Smile I'll make sure that's the case, and get back to you if he tells me it's not. In the meantime, post up a log for us to review, just in case.

-----

Sorry, I meant to say that if I put a trailer.mov file at the root of trailers folder, it plays fine. It would be great if CV would scrape into sub-directories past the trailers directory as well. I have all my trailers downloaded into directories named after the trailer please.
Here's something else to add to maybe help or make it more difficult:

I converted all of the sample files to 23.976 and I have run the sequence five times without an issue. Don't know if that had anything to do with it.
Now I'm getting a strange behavior. When playing trailers from the local DB it's only pulling from 1 local drive, not randomly from 12 different drives. Tried 5 different run through's and each time the local DB trailers came from the same drive. That seems more un-random than just pure coincidence.

It only happens for 2D content. 3D is located on a 2 different drives from where CV is pulling 2D trailers and so far seems to be randomizing those.

Edit - OK now it seems to be playing random 2D trailers. Just odd that for several instances it was ONLY playing from 1 source. Might be tied to the genre setting? I don't know. I'll keep messing with things.

Having a real hard time trying to get it to work with a RaspPi2 though. Skipping sequence modules for no known reason. Almost like it can't/won't scan the root directory properly even though I've re-scanned and reset the content multiple times.
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home5