• 8(current)
IARL - Deprecated
(2015-10-02, 23:43)Scourge Wrote: I'll try, but I think something else is wrong. I already posted in the builds thread that Retroplayer does not seem to see the .nes files anymore. When I just started Kodi, IARL was gone. I tried reinstalling it by .zip, but although the dialogue seems fine, IARL does not show up in the Games menu.

I might just go for a complete reinstall.

Nope. IARL is by default listed as a Video Addon (well, actually it's listed as a Video and Games addon, but doesn't look like it's showing up in games correctly quite yet). Check Video addons, it'll be there. Then if you want to, in the addon settings>advanced settings, you can update it to your liking.

Thanks,
Zach
Unitil an hour ago, it showed up under games... After a reinstall it now showes under Videos. And it works again. I previously installed it over the old version, but now I made a complete reinstall. Seemed to do the trick.
ROMs cannot be started in android. I cannot even configure the retroarch executable since apps seem to be installed in the /data folder which appears as empty if the device isn't rooted. Another method for starting the external retroarch executable has to be found.
(2015-10-03, 00:14)bruddha Wrote: ROMs cannot be started in android. I cannot even configure the retroarch executable since apps seem to be installed in the /data folder which appears as empty if the device isn't rooted. Another method for starting the external retroarch executable has to be found.

Bruddha,

Unfortunately I don't have an android device, so I can't tell what is and isn't working. I did put some code in for android (borrowing from Rom Collection Browser), but no one has reported back on if it works or not.

Code for external launching is as follows (Nestopia for an example):
Code:
<launcher_command>start --user 0 -a android.intent.action.MAIN -c android.intent.category.LAUNCHER -e ROM "%ROM_PATH%" -e LIBRETRO /data/data/com.retroarch/cores/nestopia_libretro_android.so -e CONFIGFILE /data/data/com.retroarch/retroarch.cfg -e IME com.android.inputmethod.latin/.LatinIME -n com.retroarch/.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture</launcher_command>

So, it doesn't even use the Retroarch executable as an argument. If you right click on an archive, can you report back on if you get options for 'Update External Launch Command', and even better if you update it to an external launcher and try it, what happens? I'm not even sure if you can get logs from a non-rooted android device or not.
Update 10-03-15:
- Added bin folder missed due to gitnore
- A few bug fixes, hopefully to improve OpenElec External Launching
- CHD / ISO settings update
- Added MSX: 1007 Games
- Added Atari 7800: 24 Games
- Added Playstation (PS1 / PSX): 1454 Games

Haven't had a chance to make the repo change yet though, maybe tomorrow.
(2015-10-03, 20:31)zachmorris Wrote: Update 10-03-15:
Congrats on your 100th post and all your good work on IARL so far!
Very good work, i tried your latest and after i made romlaunch_OE.sh executable it starts but always without sound and when i try the same command in terminal the game starts with sound.. Maybe im doing something wrong, need some sleep and will test again tomorrow
(2015-10-04, 05:23)petanque Wrote: Very good work, i tried your latest and after i made romlaunch_OE.sh executable it starts but always without sound and when i try the same command in terminal the game starts with sound.. Maybe im doing something wrong, need some sleep and will test again tomorrow

Have you set the sound device in ttsemek's retroarch as seen here
Yeah but i think it was a glitch or me being to tired Smile Today i get sound every time and cant replicate my night problem
(2015-10-04, 05:23)petanque Wrote: Very good work, i tried your latest and after i made romlaunch_OE.sh executable it starts but always without sound and when i try the same command in terminal the game starts with sound.. Maybe im doing something wrong, need some sleep and will test again tomorrow

Thanks for reporting back. I did add some code in to make the sh file executable, but doesn't look like it's working. I'll see what I can do about that if anything.
Done some testing mate and here's the external commands for dolphin and mupen64plus openelec addons by chemstar Dont know how you feel about including them but you have me inspired to tinker Wink

Chemstar's addons version 4.0's are for 5.0.8 (helix) and version 6.0's are for 6.0+ beta (isenguard) versions of openelec respectively.

Quote:<launcher name="Mupen64plus openelec (n64)" os="OpenElec">
<launcher_command>/storage/.kodi/addons/emulator.mupen64plus/bin/mupen64plus.sh --nogui --noask --noosd --fullscreen "%ROM_PATH%"</launcher_command>
</launcher>

<launcher name ="Dolphin openelec (gamecube/wii)" os="OpenElec">
<launcher_command>/storage/.kodi/addons/emulator.dolphin/bin/dolphin-emu-CLI.sh "%ROM_PATH%"</launcher_command>
</launcher>

Tested mupen64 with the inbuilt n64 section and it works Smile Can't test Dolphin but I imagine it would boot fine.
I had some issues with gamegear getting a back screen with 90% of roms with both pico drive and genesis plus if you need a log just let me know. Atari lynx is broken in openelec like stated in the wiki guessing like you, it's a core issue.
Lefty
(2015-10-04, 21:15)lefty420 Wrote: Done some testing mate and here's the external commands for dolphin and mupen64plus openelec addons by chemstar Dont know how you feel about including them but you have me inspired to tinker Wink

Chemstar's addons version 4.0's are for 5.0.8 (helix) and version 6.0's are for 6.0+ beta (isenguard) versions of openelec respectively.

Quote:<launcher name="Mupen64plus openelec (n64)" os="OpenElec">
<launcher_command>/storage/.kodi/addons/emulator.mupen64plus/bin/mupen64plus.sh --nogui --noask --noosd --fullscreen "%ROM_PATH%"</launcher_command>
</launcher>

<launcher name ="Dolphin openelec (gamecube/wii)" os="OpenElec">
<launcher_command>/storage/.kodi/addons/emulator.dolphin/bin/dolphin-emu-CLI.sh "%ROM_PATH%"</launcher_command>
</launcher>

Tested mupen64 with the inbuilt n64 section and it works Smile Can't test Dolphin but I imagine it would boot fine.
I had some issues with gamegear getting a back screen with 90% of roms with both pico drive and genesis plus if you need a log just let me know. Atari lynx is broken in openelec like stated in the wiki guessing like you, it's a core issue.
Lefty

Yeah, I think I can add support for those emulators. Thanks for the link.
I did a little playing with game gear this evening. Same issue in Retroplayer with a black screen for game gear games from archive.org, but if I renamed the filename from .bin to .gg, it would work just fine. Not sure what the issue is there since both are supposed to be supported, but it might be that the emulator doesn't know what system the game is for without the .gg extension. If it can't be fixed in Retroplayer, I can add a function to rename after download.
haha. this is sad. we've been doing it wrong all along. in the code I found:

Code:
void CPluginSource::SetProvides(const std::string &content)
{
  if (!content.empty())
  {
    vector<string> provides = StringUtils::Split(content, ' ');
    for (vector<string>::const_iterator i = provides.begin(); i != provides.end(); ++i)
    {
      Content content = Translate(*i);
      if (content != UNKNOWN)
        m_providedContent.insert(content);
    }
  }
  if (Type() == ADDON_SCRIPT && m_providedContent.empty())
    m_providedContent.insert(EXECUTABLE);
}

You can see, it splits the value in the <provides> tag around space and stores each one separately.

And if the add-on is a script (as opposed to a plugin) and has no valid <provides> tag, it shows up in My Programs.

So the tag should be

Code:
<provides>video game</provides>
Wow, i was thinking about if dolphin and mupen64plus on openelec could be possible, nice work lefty420

Can a search function be possible? I think one that can search everything and another on top of games so you only search that list..
I might just be blind, but if I favorite a game, where can I find it afterwards?
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IARL - Deprecated10