• 119(current)
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)
I've been running madnox since it was a private beta on my Chromebox and it runs just fine on a Jarvis build of openelec

This week I picked up a Nvidia Shield android tv box, pretty much the best android box available right now hardware wise. I'm running the latest nightly of a Kodi/Jarvis build. However, Madnox just won't seem to run. It basically will not boot and load. any idea if it needs updated or if i could possibly be doing something wrong? I can switch to madnox and set all my settings up, but when i go to start Kodi again after madnox has been set as the default skin it just will not load. removing madnox from the addons folder enables kodi to boot immediately. man, it is quite hard to go back to these old skins after being so used to madnox!
(2015-10-09, 06:52)knives of ice Wrote: I've been running madnox since it was a private beta on my Chromebox and it runs just fine on a Jarvis build of openelec

This week I picked up a Nvidia Shield android tv box, pretty much the best android box available right now hardware wise. I'm running the latest nightly of a Kodi/Jarvis build. However, Madnox just won't seem to run. It basically will not boot and load. any idea if it needs updated or if i could possibly be doing something wrong? I can switch to madnox and set all my settings up, but when i go to start Kodi again after madnox has been set as the default skin it just will not load. removing madnox from the addons folder enables kodi to boot immediately. man, it is quite hard to go back to these old skins after being so used to madnox!
did you copy a guisettings.xml from another player maybe ? try a clean one
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
(2015-10-09, 11:16)schimi2k Wrote:
(2015-10-09, 06:52)knives of ice Wrote: I've been running madnox since it was a private beta on my Chromebox and it runs just fine on a Jarvis build of openelec

You do realise that in Jarvis the skin settings are no longer part of GUI settings but have been moved to its own skin/addon setting
I just looked in my guisettings.xml and all the <skinsettings> adjustments are there and I've been using Jarvis/W10 since it was implemented?
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2015-10-09, 11:56)Mark142 Wrote:
(2015-10-09, 11:16)schimi2k Wrote:

You do realise that in Jarvis the skin settings are no longer part of GUI settings but have been moved to its own skin/addon setting

well, all i did was install madnox i didn't move over any gui settings from my other box. not sure what i could be doing wrong.
If you have updated to Jarvis from an old install you will still have skin settings in your guisettings file (that is how upgrades happen). New installs should not have any cause like previously mentioned the settings have been moved to the addon_data "skin id" folder. Everything is specific to the addon id, including skins. To those that are on Jarvis do you also have a settings.xml in your userdata (wiki) addon_data "skin id" folder? If the answer is yes, you now know why Wink
Thanks for the info mikesilvo. I have installed Jarvis (todays nightly) on top of Isengard and everything is functioning. I have no folder anywhere named skin id. I do have a settings.xml located at AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\skin.aeon.madnox. Is this normal?
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2015-10-09, 19:52)brazen1 Wrote: Thanks for the info mikesilvo. I have installed Jarvis (todays nightly) on top of Isengard and everything is functioning. I have no folder anywhere named skin id. I do have a settings.xml located at AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\skin.aeon.madnox. Is this normal?

Yes it is normal. That is your userdata\addon_data\"skin id" (skin.aeon.madnox) folder. The skin id folder is the actual skin id you are using and not a folder named skin id Wink
(2015-10-09, 19:23)mikesilvo164 Wrote: If you have updated to Jarvis from an old install you will still have skin settings in your guisettings file (that is how upgrades happen). New installs should not have any cause like previously mentioned the settings have been moved to the addon_data "skin id" folder. Everything is specific to the addon id, including skins. To those that are on Jarvis do you also have a settings.xml in your userdata (wiki) addon_data "skin id" folder? If the answer is yes, you now know why Wink

this is what i don't understand on my chromebox when i updated to jarvis no problem it loads just fine on madnox

on my android nvidia shield i upgraded to the jarvis build and it works just fine but will not work on madnox, the normal aeon nox skin loads fine as well. are you saying i should delete everything and don't set any settings at all until i get madnox loaded? i hope not.
Oh, boy... I do not want to go down this path again.
My posts are only about the misconceptions mentioned about Jarvis. Arguments usually follow after I start getting involved and I have no desire to deal with that this time around. Mike_Doc and schimi2k are the maintainers of this skin and I do not want to step on anyones toes. Let us leave it at that Nod
(2015-10-09, 21:33)mikesilvo164 Wrote: Oh, boy... I do not want to go down this path again.
My posts are only about the misconceptions mentioned about Jarvis. Arguments usually follow after I start getting involved and I have no desire to deal with that this time around. Mike_Doc and schimi2k are the maintainers of this skin and I do not want to step on anyones toes. Let us leave it at that Nod

sorry man, the last thing i am doing is arguing or anything remotely like that. i just want to understand this and figure out how to solve this problem. i don't see anything resembling arguing from anyone Huh
(2015-10-10, 01:12)knives of ice Wrote: sorry man, the last thing i am doing is arguing or anything remotely like that. i just want to understand this and figure out how to solve this problem. i don't see anything resembling arguing from anyone Huh

I never said anyone was arguing, I said that is what usually ends up happening...

I don't really want to provide support for this skin. I have only helped with certain aspects so I do not know the code as well.

Trying to help out can often require a lot of time looking over the skin code but if you post a debug log (wiki) while Kodi is starting up I will take a look and see if there is any info that I can use to help you.

Just enable MadNox as your skin, turn on debug logging, restart Kodi, then exit Kodi and post the link to the log.
Open reply to users of Skin mod Aeon Madnox and those who have been kind enough to help with the skin:

Hello Everyone,

I felt I should pop by and let everyone know the status of Madnox. Unfortunately I would have to say right now that Madnox is on hold with regards to any involvement from me and possibly schimi2k as well.

I'll be honest and let you know why, on the 21/09 my Mother passed away and we have only just had her funeral yesterday on 09/10. So the recent weeks have been very difficult to deal with.

Due to what has happened I honestly don't know the status of my involvement with Madnox is right now or in the future. I tried to do some work recently in an attempt to take my mind of things but it didn't help!!!

It's a very difficult time right now and I don't know what the future holds for me right now in any aspect. I hope and intend to come back to Madnox at some point but I don't really know when and if I actually will. Don't see the point in a lot of things right now!

I thought I should let you all know the situation with Madnox as I know a lot of you like the mod we have done and that here hasn't been much done to it recently and there is an outstanding long list of things that need / should be done to Madnox as well, so you may have been wondering what's happening with Madnox, especially with Jarvis coming soometime soon.

To those who helped me with the skin - Schimi2k, MikeSilvo, Meowmoo - the skilled skinners etc etc., I can't really say much more right now than thank you very much for everything you helped with me on Madnox and skinning in general.

To those who use Madnox, thank you for your comments / thanks / help in improving Madnox and making it what it is, which is I believe a great community skin mod. It was fun seeing your suggestions / wants / improvements for our mod and doing what we could for the most of the time for you.

Schimi2k, thank you for everything my dear friend!

Take care, thank you and bye,

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
@Mike_Doc I'm so sorry for your loss.

I hope you do come back to Madnox when you are ready as you inspired and encouraged me to start tinkering with my own views which hopefully contributed to Madnox in a very small way.

Take care of yourself and your family at this difficult time, we'll be here if you need us and when you come back.

G
(2015-10-10, 21:37)Mike_Doc Wrote: Open reply to users of Skin mod Aeon Madnox and those who have been kind enough to help with the skin:

Hello Everyone,

I felt I should pop by and let everyone know the status of Madnox. Unfortunately I would have to say right now that Madnox is on hold with regards to any involvement from me and possibly schimi2k as well.

I'll be honest and let you know why, on the 21/09 my Mother passed away and we have only just had her funeral yesterday on 09/10. So the recent weeks have been very difficult to deal with.

Due to what has happened I honestly don't know the status of my involvement with Madnox is right now or in the future. I tried to do some work recently in an attempt to take my mind of things but it didn't help!!!

It's a very difficult time right now and I don't know what the future holds for me right now in any aspect. I hope and intend to come back to Madnox at some point but I don't really know when and if I actually will. Don't see the point in a lot of things right now!

I thought I should let you all know the situation with Madnox as I know a lot of you like the mod we have done and that here hasn't been much done to it recently and there is an outstanding long list of things that need / should be done to Madnox as well, so you may have been wondering what's happening with Madnox, especially with Jarvis coming soometime soon.

To those who helped me with the skin - Schimi2k, MikeSilvo, Meowmoo - the skilled skinners etc etc., I can't really say much more right now than thank you very much for everything you helped with me on Madnox and skinning in general.

To those who use Madnox, thank you for your comments / thanks / help in improving Madnox and making it what it is, which is I believe a great community skin mod. It was fun seeing your suggestions / wants / improvements for our mod and doing what we could for the most of the time for you.

Schimi2k, thank you for everything my dear friend!

Take care, thank you and bye,

Mike.

Take care of yourself. Take care of your family. In the end nothing else really matters.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
  • 119(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)39