HD audio support only with OpenELEC test builds and PCM?
Thanks for the info but I have to ask a favor. I seem to be a bit lost on where and what OpenElec to use and what version of Kodi to use. Apologies for the requested hand-holding but something just isn't clicking for me. Might be the heat getting to my head.
Will DTS HD decoding be in the kodi 15.x or 16.x based openelec release for the PI2?
(2015-08-03, 14:03)Lamm Wrote: Will DTS HD decoding be in the kodi 15.x or 16.x based openelec release for the PI2?

Yes, in current Milhouse nightly 16.x builds and will be in OpenELEC/OSMC kodi 15 builds (due imminently).
I find it very amazing what devs are coming up with to work around the hardware limitations of the Pi.

Thanks for the hard work. It is very appreciated.
Hi all,
I've just received my pi2 and have hooked it up.
I installed 5.95.3 but when I play film with dts hd just normal dts is showing up on my receiver, was expecting pcm.

In settings ive set audio device to hdmi, enabled support 8 channel dts hd audio encoding, enabled passthrough, enabled dts and dolby digital

Would anyone know what I'm doing wrong,

also a lot of movies are stuttering,it is a wired connection.

Thanks again
Ciaran
Don't enable passthrough - you want the Pi to decode to PCM.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks millhouse, much better now, have multi ch in
If I disable passthrough on my Zotac HD-ND22 will it send full-res DTS-HD MA as PCM to my receiver?
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
(2015-08-13, 22:46)MidnightWatcher Wrote: If I disable passthrough on my Zotac HD-ND22 will it send full-res DTS-HD MA as PCM to my receiver?

If you enable 8 channel DTS-HD audio decoding, yes, I think so (assuming there are no Zotac hardware limitations).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi, I'm new, but your thread is very interesting. This might be the answer, I've searched for a long time.

I also have a preamp which cannot decode TrueHD / DTS-HD MA, but my preamp does accept multichannel PCM via HDMI up to 192kHz.
So I need a KODI image which is able to decode the bitstream and send the PCM to my preamp.

I want to use the OpenElec-Box, it is very comfortable to use with remote control, black box, silent and so on...
Is this box powerful enough to decode up to 8 channels in 192kHz PCM with 3d 1080p video support?
if no, which device is it (and has also remote control etc.)?
will the nightly build run on this powerful device? it is also a cortex processor like the Pi2: http://www.cloudmedia.com/openhour/

if yes, what XBMC Nightly build do I need? Or are there any other images from other parties which I can use for my problem?

thanks very much!
Any version of kodi for Pi can output 8 channel PCM audio at 48kHz.
The Pi hardware cannot output 8 channels at 192kHz. Fortunately there is almost no content in that format. But if you need that you'll have to look elsewhere.
thank you for the information.
what do you think, can I load an image for the Pi to another device, for example the open-elec-box / openhour / orbsmart / beelink? normally, it should work, all the devices are RISC based androidboxes...

and another question, is the XBMC nightly (or any other KODI release) build able to play 3d.iso files?
thanks a lot
(2015-10-09, 11:34)motorherz Wrote: thank you for the information.
what do you think, can I load an image for the Pi to another device, for example the open-elec-box / openhour / orbsmart / beelink? normally, it should work, all the devices are RISC based androidboxes...
The Pi doesn't run Android so this won't work.

Quote:and another question, is the XBMC nightly (or any other KODI release) build able to play 3d.iso files?

Milhouse nightly builds do have early support for 3d ISO files.
sounds good.

will milhouse nightly builds also decode TrueHD and DTS-HD Ma to multichannel PCM?
(2015-10-09, 13:09)motorherz Wrote: will milhouse nightly builds also decode TrueHD and DTS-HD Ma to multichannel PCM?

All builds do that (Helix/Isengard/nightly).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HD audio support only with OpenELEC test builds and PCM?2