• 42(current)
Google Nexus Player
(2015-10-20, 03:14)movie78 Wrote: The Nexus Player is on clearance at Target for $24.98.

I gather it is marked that in store, as their website is still $99 - http://www.target.com/p/nexus-asus-tv-st...Slot=_1_14
(2015-10-20, 06:07)Hiphopopotamus Wrote:
(2015-10-20, 03:14)movie78 Wrote: The Nexus Player is on clearance at Target for $24.98.

I gather it is marked that in store, as their website is still $99 - http://www.target.com/p/nexus-asus-tv-st...Slot=_1_14

In store only!!!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Good luck!
Whoa! That is an insane price! Grab one Smile!

Hope Google is coming out with a new Nexus Player as 3rd parties like nVidia are doing better Android TV than they are.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2015-10-20, 15:37)hdmkv Wrote:
Good luck!

Hope Google is coming out with a new Nexus Player as 3rd parties like nVidia are doing better Android TV than they are.

Bought 3Cool
Two for Christmas gifts and one for myself.
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
(2015-10-20, 15:37)hdmkv Wrote:
Good luck!

Yeah I've been hoping the same. Sitting on my hands right now because Ii want a new box.

Do i need to Root the Nexus Player to able to see my external Hard drive in Kodi?
Sold out at 3 Target stores near me. Ah well.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Quote:Hope Google is coming out with a new Nexus Player as 3rd parties like nVidia are doing better Android TV than they are.

Not in the near future I don't think.
They seem quite happy enough with the Chromecast.
It's a shame.
Good luck!
Thanks for the heads up

For anyone who doesn't follow slick deals or other deal sites regularly, target in store clearance deals are simply the prerogative of that particular store's manager. No guarantee nationwide
Picked up 2 yesterday. One for me and one for a sibling. $24.98 was a great deal and I joined this forum just to discuss Kodi playback on the NP which so far is great.
(2015-10-20, 22:42)Kodroid Wrote: Picked up 2 yesterday. One for me and one for a sibling. $24.98 was a great deal and I joined this forum just to discuss Kodi playback on the NP which so far is great.
I wish I had a target near me
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
These work great for KODI but they do have HDCP issues... Depending on the TV it seems.. Alot of LG TVS just have a black screen... My Sharp works great and then goes black..
(2015-10-21, 17:37)NxtGenCowboy Wrote: These work great for KODI but they do have HDCP issues... Depending on the TV it seems.. Alot of LG TVS just have a black screen... My Sharp works great and then goes black..
No such issue on my Samsung display.
(2015-10-20, 17:22)movie78 Wrote: Do i need to Root the Nexus Player to able to see my external Hard drive in Kodi?

I think you'll have to, there might be other options, but I needed "stickmount" by chainfire to make it work for me, and it requires root. But rooting is pretty simple, here's a good how-to..

http://cord-cutters.wonderhowto.com/how-...r-0160218/
I'm having a lot of problems with live TV and recorded live TV (via MythTV) MPEG-2 content playing back with horizontal lines in regions of motion on my Nexus Player.

I don't have this issue on my nVidia Shield with the same files, and I don't have this issue using the HDHomerun VIEW app on the same channels and tuner.

I've tried every combination of settings that I can think of:
- interlacing on/off/bob/bob-inverted
- post processing
- vsync
- mediacodec on/off

Anyone have any suggestions? It is quite noticeable, especially on SD content...
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Google Nexus Player7