[REQUEST] Mini doc how to cross compile an addon?
Hi, I'v some trouble to crosscompile for RPi2 vnsi. Because, I cannot find a precise guide on how to "cross compile for raspberry" with right steps.

before I'v git cloned and cross build, into my debian x86_64 vmware KODI following this doc:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...aspberrypi

After I'v try to build vnsi addon using that guide:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...ight=cross

My src is installed in:

Quote:/root/xbmc/ (for kodi sources)
/root/kodiaddons/vns.vdr.pnsi (for my addon sources)

Cross compile commands:

Quote:cmake -DADDONS_TO_BUILD=pvr.vdr.vnsi -DADDON_SRC_PREFIX=/root/kodiaddons/ -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/root/xbmc/addons/ -DPACKAGE_ZIP=1 project/cmake/addons/

make -j4

but the binary built is for x86_64 (that is strange because kodi.bin is built correctly for ELF armhf):
Quote:root@raspbuild:~/xbmc# file /root/xbmc/addons/pvr.vdr.vnsi/pvr.vdr.vnsi.so.1.11.7
/root/xbmc/addons/pvr.vdr.vnsi/pvr.vdr.vnsi.so.1.11.7: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86-64, version 1 (GNU/Linux), dynamically linked, BuildID[sha1]=0cc189ef5ad7f97b1507625f47f0f15f7ea13406, not stripped

another issue is that zip isn't made.......why if I specified "-DPACKAGE_ZIP=1" ?
No one?

I need only a guide how to understand from zero how to cross build and create a zip of an addon......
you have to point cmake to the proper compilers. there will be a Toolchain_binaddons.cmake in your depends target folder, point cmake to that using -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE=/path/to/Toolchain_binaddons.cmake
as for PACKAGE_ZIP, it sort of has a dual purpose. it doesn't enable packaging to zip, it changes the installation paths from unix standards PREFIX/lib and so on, to instead install everything to a single folder. this is called PACKAGE_ZIP since the cmake packaging to zip uses the install target, and we want a flat folder in the zip file. it has a dual purpose because that way you can also use the install target to inject the addons into a build tree for testing right out of there. if you are going to install these on your system, you do not want that option enabled.
Ok understand tha toolchain part but I don't understand for ZIP part, can you explain me with an example?

I want to distribute a zip file to install on my rpi2, what I have to do? PACKAGE_ZIP seams is not the way.......If I understand.
I'v build successfully addon, that is installed in my prefix folder into two place INTO MY VMWARE X86_64 machine:

/opt/kodi/arm-linux-gnueabihf/lib/kodi/addons/pvr.vdr.vnsi

and

/opt/kodi/arm-linux-gnueabihf/share/kodi/addons/pvr.vdr.vnsi

but when I copy these two folders into my rpi2, I haven't any VDR Client addon into kodi.......whyHuh?
(2015-10-28, 22:32)SoftWord Wrote: I'v build successfully addon

I'm trying to do the same for Android with a different addon. What was the cmake command that you used? And you used just "make -j 4"? Did you ever get complaints about tinyxml when you ran make? Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Mini doc how to cross compile an addon?0