• 47(current)
Release CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
(2015-11-04, 05:22)jubilex Wrote: Yeah, but those aren't beautiful like Arctic Zephyr Tongue

Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
Finally got updated to OpenElec 6, and tried out CinemaVision.

1. What is the expected directory layout under Trivia? I, like others, had to fight with it a bit to get Trivia working. It ignored every slide in Trivia/. Once I made some subdirectories and put them there, it saw them and used them. Right now my subdirectories are Q&A, Frame by Frame, Guess Who, and Actor Scramble.

2. The download timer and low limit(195Mb/day I believe?) on the website is absolutely maddening with me being broke this week, but I get it. Most if not all appears to be original, or at least heavily altered work, and that takes money. That's on me to chill until I can pay or learn to make my own.

3. Other than one and two, all I can say is great work. I was NEVER able to get Cinema Experience working 100%. There was always something that didn't want to work right. CinemaVision on the other hand, worked with the demo OOTB, and only took a few hours of playing with it and renaming/organizing trivia slides. It works beautifully.
CInema Vision is failing to play the main feature (but plays trailers, ratings, and audio just fine). Cinema experience worked before it. Any debug you would like me to capture?
SO CV has been added to Kodi's official repo, so we no longer need to do manual updates anymore?
Laptop: Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz) | 1 TB + 8 GB SSHD
Kodi 18.3
MiniPC: LibreELEC 8.2.1
Sharing Media: SMB (HDD: 2 TB, 1 TB) | Media Manager/Organizer - Media Companion
(2015-11-04, 03:01)MidnightWatcher Wrote:
(2015-11-04, 02:56)jubilex Wrote: Okay, I think I have to ask -- is there a possibility that whatever was done to Cinema Experience that made it a seamless feature with no popups, progress bars, buffering notices, etc will be added to Cinema Vision? Neither Eminence nor Arctic Zephyr do this, nor does adding the xml fixes in the OP work with these skins.

It's the skin that does what you want, it just has to implement support for CinemaVision. I like Rapier the best so far, it hides the busy/working pop-up and I can also hide the progress bar.

That's absolutely right. We've done what we can and added all of the things skinners could possible want to do as far as hiding dialogs and popups to the SKIN INTEGRATION & DEVELOPER INFORMATION section in the second post of this thread. All we can do is hope they use it!

(2015-11-04, 03:24)HomeTheatreGuru Wrote: Aeon MQ6 also doesn't show any pop-ups.

MarcosQui, and the other skinners have done a great job adding support for CinemaVision. Would it be helpful to add next to the name of each skin we know supports CinemaVision a tag that says if they support suppressing the OSD or pop-ups?

(2015-11-04, 05:22)jubilex Wrote: Yeah, but those aren't beautiful like Arctic Zephyr Tongue

Now that we're in the official repository, it's only a matter of time. The developer has said support would be added after CinemaVision was officially released.

(2015-11-04, 08:06)Dalton63841 Wrote: Finally got updated to OpenElec 6, and tried out CinemaVision.

1. What is the expected directory layout under Trivia? I, like others, had to fight with it a bit to get Trivia working. It ignored every slide in Trivia/. Once I made some subdirectories and put them there, it saw them and used them. Right now my subdirectories are Q&A, Frame by Frame, Guess Who, and Actor Scramble.

We package our trivia so you can just extract the zips directly to the %CVROOT%\Trivia directory. The way you have it now is exactly the way it should be. No loose slides should be in the root Trivia directory.

(2015-11-04, 08:06)Dalton63841 Wrote: 2. The download timer and low limit(195Mb/day I believe?) on the website is absolutely maddening with me being broke this week, but I get it. Most if not all appears to be original, or at least heavily altered work, and that takes money. That's on me to chill until I can pay or learn to make my own.

I'm not a huge fan of it either, but the reality is until this thing is self sufficient and pays for itself, we have to keep the traffic rules the way they are to prevent us overloading our equipment. It also helps encourage people to help us pay for this stuff, I won't deny it. Wink Gotta keep the wives from murdering us for spending all this on a hobby!

(2015-11-04, 08:06)Dalton63841 Wrote: 3. Other than one and two, all I can say is great work. I was NEVER able to get Cinema Experience working 100%. There was always something that didn't want to work right. CinemaVision on the other hand, worked with the demo OOTB, and only took a few hours of playing with it and renaming/organizing trivia slides. It works beautifully.

Hey, thanks! We appreciate the community support for this. We couldn't have done this without help from everyone here. If you can think of anything we can do to improve it, let us know. It might be on the roadmap already, but it's still worth bringing to light! What kind of work did you have to do renaming files? Maybe we can write something that helps with that.

(2015-11-04, 09:58)mstang1988 Wrote: CInema Vision is failing to play the main feature (but plays trailers, ratings, and audio just fine). Cinema experience worked before it. Any debug you would like me to capture?

How are you playing the main feature? I will need a debug log from you to know what's going on. Follow the instructions on the first page of this thread to get one over to us.

(2015-11-04, 14:07)marhutchy Wrote: SO CV has been added to Kodi's official repo, so we no longer need to do manual updates anymore?

Correct! If you're brave, development releases will be put up on the CinemaVision website all packaged and ready for you to use. The stable releases will be merged into the Kodi repository.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
(2015-11-04, 18:39)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote: Hey, thanks! We appreciate the community support for this. We couldn't have done this without help from everyone here. If you can think of anything we can do to improve it, let us know. It might be on the roadmap already, but it's still worth bringing to light! What kind of work did you have to do renaming files? Maybe we can write something that helps with that.

The only thing that actually comes to mind, and this is probably just do to my slowish internet connection, is that with trailers, when each one starts, it pauses for like 1 second and then plays. The side effect being the pause symbol throwing itself on the screen and then disappearing, much like the busy symbol(which I suppressed using the line of code given here). Other than that, for my extremely normal use case, it works great.

The renaming was probably more anal retentiveness than anything. A lot of them have _q for question, _c1 for answer, and _a for a movie quote. It works well that way, but I didn't want the movie quotes, so I deleted all *_a.jpg files, and renamed the *_c1.jpg to *_a.jpg.
Audio bumpers still not working for me : (

Literally everything else is! I have re-downloaded the audio files from your website, Scott. Log says "file unplayable" as per previous post. No idea why this is. When I manually select the file it plays flawlessly.
What do you guys use the audio bumpers for?
Laptop: Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz) | 1 TB + 8 GB SSHD
Kodi 18.3
MiniPC: LibreELEC 8.2.1
Sharing Media: SMB (HDD: 2 TB, 1 TB) | Media Manager/Organizer - Media Companion
(2015-11-05, 19:05)marhutchy Wrote: What do you guys use the audio bumpers for?

Just for the coolness factor. The CV sequences reveals what type of audio the feature was encoded in.
My Theater: JVC X790R + Peerless PRG-UNV | 120" CineWhite UHD-B Screen | KODI Omega + PreShow Experience | mpv | madVR RTX 2070S | Panasonic UB420 | Denon X3600H @ 5.2.4 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | 3 x Totem Tribe LCR + Mission M30 Surrounds + SVS PC2000 + Monolith 15 | 40" HDTV w/ MeLE N5105 + MoviePosterApp | 40TB Win10 SMB Server over Gigabit Ethernet
I am getting an error dialog in between each bumper:

Playlist
Can't find a next item to play.

All of the videos play as intended but this dialog interrupts the sequence.

Full log here: http://xbmclogs.com/p7caflu2v.

Errors like this show up in the log:

15:20:39 T:6572 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 2, path [C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cinemavision\resources\videos\script.cinemavision.dummy_NEXT.mpeg]
Hi Warner, your not using DSPlayer are you? as far has I know it don't work with it I tried it and reported the problem but was told it needed to be solved aracnoz
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

Could someone explaine me how to set CV step by step (send me pm). All i want is to have intro video and some trailers right before the movie. Nothing else. I'm absolutely new with this. Thanks in advance, guys!
(2015-11-06, 09:16)kemuri Wrote: Could someone explaine me how to set CV step by step (send me pm). All i want is to have intro video and some trailers right before the movie. Nothing else. I'm absolutely new with this. Thanks in advance, guys!

Hi kemuri, might be able to help but it won't be till later when i finish work, anyway lets start with just asking a couple of questions have you installed CV, have you downloaded your video intro and trailers (or are you going to stream trailers?) and put them in to a directory?
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

Hi wints, thanks for the quick reply. Yes, i have installed CV, i use Kodi 15.2 on my laptop and Helix on my PI B 512. I'm not sure if my PI can handle the addon working smoothly. Anyway, I'd like to use it on my laptop. I have set the content path as described in the first post. I'd like to stream the trailers and I have downloaded some intro videos (DTS-HD and TRUEHD). As I wrote before I'd like only one of theese videos and about two or three trailers streamed when I start a movie, thats all. To be honest i'm a little confused with the sequence setup. It's like in japanese for me. Sorry for my english. Thanks!
CV 's not working with Pulsar? will it work in future?
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home5