• 43(current)
Android Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)
(2015-11-17, 15:10)MarhyCZ Wrote: BTW, If you are interested in buying Nvidia Shield right now,
NVIDIA is running a promotion, where you get 25$ discount and free Shield remote to that! Smile
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B013HJ13V0/ref=...UTF8&psc=1
Sweet thanks
Morning

I just recently enabled "Update library on startup" on my Nvidia ShieldTV, and it doesnt seem to be working when i wake from suspend. Kodiubuntu works like that, when i wake from suspend it will update the library, but not on my Nvidia Shield. My library is shared via mysql.

Anyone noticed this or is this a known bug? Ill get a log after work if this is working for others.

Cheers!
(2015-11-17, 18:03)wyild1 Wrote: Morning

I just recently enabled "Update library on startup" on my Nvidia ShieldTV, and it doesnt seem to be working when i wake from suspend. Kodiubuntu works like that, when i wake from suspend it will update the library, but not on my Nvidia Shield. My library is shared via mysql.

Anyone noticed this or is this a known bug? Ill get a log after work if this is working for others.

Cheers!

I'm relatively new to Kodi, been playing with it on my NVidia Shield for about 2 weeks now.

Occassionally, "Update library on startup" doesn't work for me either. It usually does, but sometimes I have a hard time getting it to recognize a new movie I just added. Also, usually my ServerWMC (and PVR.WMC add-on) start up properly, with all my DVR recordings available in the submenu under LiveTV... and sometimes they don't.

I don't know enough to explain WHY this is happenning... I've reupdated the library several times to no avail, walked away, come back later and upon restarting Kodi, everything is back as it should be... which seems very odd to me.
Does anyone else notice significantly more Motion Blur for fast-moving objects (sports viewing, for example) within the HDHomeRun Add-on within Kodi, that isn't present if you access the HDHomeRun View app natively from Shield?

Anything I can do to fix/correct this?
When the Shield goes in Standby, Kodi is not stopped or paused (in a way it could detect), so there is no waking up Kodi, which could trigger a rescan.
You can even connect to Kodi using a remote App like Kore or Yatse and update it's local DB while the Shield is in Standby.
.Help please ...I thinking to buy this device nvidia shield but I need some help before I can get it ..can this device plays mv4 video format I have some videos from handbrake my video have two audios lenguage it can play two audios and they have AC3 5.1 AUDIO ......also it can SRT subtitles format .....it can play more than 4 gb size video file and my last question what kind of HHD format can play ---fat 32-- ntfs----or mac extender jouneral hopefully you can help me thank you...
(2015-11-17, 19:01)wweich Wrote: When the Shield goes in Standby, Kodi is not stopped or paused (in a way it could detect), so there is no waking up Kodi, which could trigger a rescan.
You can even connect to Kodi using a remote App like Kore or Yatse and update it's local DB while the Shield is in Standby.

Thats kinda what i figured. So there really isnt a way currently for this this work like it does on Linux. Which is fine, i was just wondering if i was missing something
(2015-11-17, 20:34)wyild1 Wrote: Thats kinda what i figured. So there really isnt a way currently for this this work like it does on Linux. Which is fine, i was just wondering if i was missing something

You can use the Watchdog add on to detect new content and add automatically - http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Watchdog
If you don't want that, then you can have one based on a timer - http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:XBMC_Library_Auto_Update
Hello all,

Do you see a way, with the Shield connected to an A/V receiver (itself connected to the TV and using CEC all along), to have music played without switching on the TV?
(2015-11-20, 05:58)Gurney Wrote: Hello all,

Do you see a way, with the Shield connected to an A/V receiver (itself connected to the TV and using CEC all along), to have music played without switching on the TV?
If your avr supports it, you can use upnp.
You could also use Kore or yatse to instruct the kodi to play music to your avr.
(2015-11-20, 09:08)Koying Wrote:
(2015-11-20, 05:58)Gurney Wrote: Hello all,

If your avr supports it, you can use upnp.
You could also use Kore or yatse to instruct the kodi to play music to your avr.

That's what I do works fine using yatse
This may have been asked and answered, so forgive me.

I understand that the shield now passes through lossless audio formats like DTS-HD and Dolby True HD but I believe that is only for the native video player. Does anyone know when/if Kodi will be updated to pass through those formats?
Is there a way around it so you I can stream (home network) video with lossless codecs from Kodi on the Shield?
Thanks
(2015-11-21, 01:12)alexkidd Wrote: This may have been asked and answered, so forgive me.

I understand that the shield now passes through lossless audio formats like DTS-HD and Dolby True HD but I believe that is only for the native video player. Does anyone know when/if Kodi will be updated to pass through those formats?
Is there a way around it so you I can stream (home network) video with lossless codecs from Kodi on the Shield?
Thanks

Kodi 17 will do DTS-HD and Dolby True HD is the scuttlebutt i heard
It seems a bit strange that my 5 year old boxee box has no problem with lossless formats but Kodi still doesn't do it. I am assuming I could choose PCM to have it decoded before it hits my receiver, but not ideal. Hopefully Kodi 17 gets there within the year.
(2015-11-21, 02:02)wyild1 Wrote:
(2015-11-21, 01:12)alexkidd Wrote: This may have been asked and answered, so forgive me.

Thanks

Kodi 17 will do DTS-HD and Dolby True HD is the scuttlebutt i heard

It seems a bit strange that my 5 year old boxee box has no problem with lossless formats but Kodi still doesn't do it. I am assuming I could choose PCM to have it decoded before it hits my receiver, but not ideal. Hopefully Kodi 17 gets here within the year.
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)6