• 378(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
I think I will try both, starting with the update.
But have to wait until tomorrow, have some children on visit to day. And they want to see an movie I think.
Best not to brake it. :-)

Have to read a little bit how to try OE live session. :-)
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
(2015-11-20, 15:40)pettergulbra Wrote: Have to read a little bit how to try OE live session. :-)

it was changed with v6.0: boot the install media, then at the 'boot:' prompt (which shows for ~5s) type 'live' and press enter
Hey Matt, a little OT. I remember vaguely that you use the ps3 remote too. I was just wondering if the ps3 remote sleeps properly when you are suspending the machine?

I usually have a timeout of 90 seconds, but what happens with this timeout if the machine is sleeping?

Btw your wakeup/fan-fix doesn't work in Kodibuntu (kernel 4.1.x). Not a big deal for me, I'll survive the 10 odd seconds with the fan spinning at high speed.
(2015-11-13, 22:12)BoxFreak Wrote:
(2015-11-13, 12:34)fritsch Wrote: Nobody knowssss without a Debug Log ...

via: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeqndFdgakE

Very sorry about asking stupid questions like this, but it seems that this happens very occasionally, and I haven't yet invented how to reproduce it. When I do, I'll provide logs. Just wanted to know whether someone else has had this same problem before me.

OK, now it's happening again. Kodi crashed and after gui restarting automatically that kswapd0 is using almost 100% of one core. Log here: http://xbmclogs.com/psdexbqvt
Odroid C2 running CoreElec
(2015-11-20, 20:35)Soli Wrote: Hey Matt, a little OT. I remember vaguely that you use the ps3 remote too. I was just wondering if the ps3 remote sleeps properly when you are suspending the machine?

I usually have a timeout of 90 seconds, but what happens with this timeout if the machine is sleeping?

Btw your wakeup/fan-fix doesn't work in Kodibuntu (kernel 4.1.x). Not a big deal for me, I'll survive the 10 odd seconds with the fan spinning at high speed.

it does under OpenELEC, no idea on Kodibuntu. the PS3 remote is on my dev box so it's constantly being reset etc.

the fan speed workaround was only tested under OpenELEC. The kernel patches to fix the actual issue work correctly under Ubuntu etc, but require you to compile your own kernel currently.

(2015-11-20, 20:50)BoxFreak Wrote: OK, now it's happening again. Kodi crashed and after gui restarting automatically that kswapd0 is using almost 100% of one core. Log here: http://xbmclogs.com/psdexbqvt

that's not a debug log, shows nothing useful
Has anyone try kodi 16 Jarvis beta 1 on their chromebox?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Personally I would not run any mainline builds on intel hardware. The EGL rework we were doing - which sadly did not go into v16 - revolutionizes the way intel works on linux.

Perfect Colors without banding, increased throughput (factor 2) and half memory usage.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
@fritsch

Thanks for heads up!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2015-11-20, 22:23)movie78 Wrote: Has anyone try kodi 16 Jarvis beta 1 on their chromebox?

(2015-11-20, 22:25)fritsch Wrote: Personally I would not run any mainline builds on intel hardware. The EGL rework we were doing - which sadly did not go into v16 - revolutionizes the way intel works on linux.

Perfect Colors without banding, increased throughput (factor 2) and half memory usage.

What fritsch said. I'm using the latest Milhouse build on my Chromebox & the color banding I experienced on the "official" OE 6 is gone.

And it plays BBB 4k @ 60 fps without breaking a sweat. I wish I had a 4K HDTV. Confused Big Grin
(2015-11-20, 20:56)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-11-20, 20:50)BoxFreak Wrote: OK, now it's happening again. Kodi crashed and after gui restarting automatically that kswapd0 is using almost 100% of one core. Log here: http://xbmclogs.com/psdexbqvt

that's not a debug log, shows nothing useful

Turning on debugging for a problem that happens once in a week is just not worth it (for my family). Rebooting fixes this problem so I can live with it.
Odroid C2 running CoreElec
You can enable debugging via advancedsettings.xml - that way you won't see anything on screen.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-11-20, 22:34)Karnis Wrote:
(2015-11-20, 22:23)movie78 Wrote: Has anyone try kodi 16 Jarvis beta 1 on their chromebox?

(2015-11-20, 22:25)fritsch Wrote: Personally I would not run any mainline builds on intel hardware. The EGL rework we were doing - which sadly did not go into v16 - revolutionizes the way intel works on linux.

What fritsch said. I'm using the latest Milhouse build on my Chromebox & the color banding I experienced on the "official" OE 6 is gone.

And it plays BBB 4k @ 60 fps without breaking a sweat. I wish I had a 4K HDTV. Confused Big Grin

Thought Millhouse was for Rpi only
Why think so much - if one can read: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=238393 ? :-)
(2015-11-20, 19:17)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-11-20, 15:40)pettergulbra Wrote: Have to read a little bit how to try OE live session. :-)

it was changed with v6.0: boot the install media, then at the 'boot:' prompt (which shows for ~5s) type 'live' and press enter

Then I have to update the EZ script first. I don think I have updated that on over a year, not really sure.

I don't really have the need of anything in KodiBuntu, was just to get the possibility to av a web browser in Kodi.
That don't get used much, and still think it will be better to just by an Cast device.
So I think I have to convert back to OE, then there will by a good time to update the script as well.

I see fritch is saying he personaly would not go for any Intel for Kodi mainline, is this because Kodi is better supported by other producers
(Nvidia, Amd)?
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
No because his code is better than mainline.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
  • 378(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37