• 4(current)
Release HDHomeRun PVR native addon
Any chance of getting 1.0.3 for linux? Would love to test this.
(2015-11-16, 19:40)mellomade Wrote: Any chance of getting 1.0.3 for linux? Would love to test this.

https://github.com/zcsizmadia/pvr.hdhome...86-x64.zip

I had to configure first in linux before I could enable it. Please let me know if it works.
Tried to use the linux build of 1.0.4 and got an error message that stated:

'Check the log for more information about this message. Add-on couldn't be loaded. An unknown error has occurred. Can't load DLL.'

Let me know if you want to see the log as I will have to enable this.
(2015-11-17, 16:37)mellomade Wrote: Tried to use the linux build of 1.0.4 and got an error message that stated:

'Check the log for more information about this message. Add-on couldn't be loaded. An unknown error has occurred. Can't load DLL.'

Let me know if you want to see the log as I will have to enable this.

I had to tweak my linux build environment. Please try these and let me know how it goes:

Windows:
https://github.com/zcsizmadia/pvr.hdhome...-win32.zip

Linux x86:
https://github.com/zcsizmadia/pvr.hdhome...ux-x86.zip

Linux x64:
https://github.com/zcsizmadia/pvr.hdhome...86-x64.zip
Awesome! That one works great!
(2015-11-16, 19:36)zcsizmadia Wrote:
(2015-11-14, 08:50)Wagg Wrote: It would be nice to know if a show was new or not.
Added to v1.0.3

If it is a new show, an asterisk (*) added in front of the title.

Thanks! That makes a huge difference. Not even the HDHomeRun plugin offers this feature (not sure why).
The only issue I still see is when you reboot - the TV menu is missing and the only way to get it back is to disable/re-enable from TV Settings.
Will this be available for android or IOS
(2015-11-20, 15:51)Don_black00 Wrote: Will this be available for android or IOS

It should compile on both. Unfortunately I do not have th ebuild environment to build for android or iOS.
OK, I've used this quite a bit over the last couple of weeks and like it a lot. A few comments and insights:

There should be an easier way of switching back and forth to the guide from watching TV. Right now (AFAICT) you have to go back to the main menu and select "Guide". Then in order to select a channel from the guide you have to select "Switch". You should be able to just "click" on the channel to select it.

EPG info should be integrated into the guide somehow. Adding the program pictures to the guide would be nice, maybe being able to select the EPG info directly from the guide. Adding some color to the guide would also be good- most cable TV guides organize channels by color, ie: sports in blue, movies in red, news in green, etc. Then you should also be able to sort by HD and SD if possible (I know this is difficult on broadcast TV).

Hope that helps.
(2015-11-21, 18:06)Wagg Wrote: OK, I've used this quite a bit over the last couple of weeks and like it a lot. A few comments and insights:

There should be an easier way of switching back and forth to the guide from watching TV. Right now (AFAICT) you have to go back to the main menu and select "Guide". Then in order to select a channel from the guide you have to select "Switch". You should be able to just "click" on the channel to select it.

EPG info should be integrated into the guide somehow. Adding the program pictures to the guide would be nice, maybe being able to select the EPG info directly from the guide. Adding some color to the guide would also be good- most cable TV guides organize channels by color, ie: sports in blue, movies in red, news in green, etc. Then you should also be able to sort by HD and SD if possible (I know this is difficult on broadcast TV).

Hope that helps.

Switching:
1. 'E' is the keyboard shortcut for the EPG guide on/off. On my Logitech remote I've mapped a dedicated 'Guide' button to the 'E'.
2. Go to Settings/TV/Guide/Default select action and change it to 'Switch to channel'. With this setting if you select anything on the Guide, Kodi switches to the channel instead of showing the Program Info.

Channel groups:
v1.0.4 has built in groups for HD, SD and Favorite channels.

Colors:
v1.0.4 supports coloring for guide items (based on categories)

You can download v1.0.4 for win and linux from the main post (page 1)

Hope it helps.

How do you get the EPG Guide picture to show up at the bottom of the guide like you do here? All I get is the guide info text when I highlight it. My skin is Aeon Nox.
(2015-11-22, 08:49)Wagg Wrote: How do you get the EPG Guide picture to show up at the bottom of the guide like you do here? All I get is the guide info text when I highlight it. My skin is Aeon Nox.

First the images have to be provided by FYI (guide provider for SD) - then it is up to the individual skin to support those views or not. This has nothing to do with the add-on. I would ask about this in the Nox area of the forum.
Wagg:
What happens if you switch back to the default Kodi skin?
Sorry, totally newbie question... i downloaded the plug-in and installed it, but I can't get the "live tv" to show anymore in kodi... do I need a separate pvr client (I used to have the npvr plugin and was able to watch before)? Any instructions to get this working with the original hd homerun dual i can refer to? Thanks.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDHomeRun PVR native addon3