• 119(current)
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
(2015-11-30, 16:54)Stevio Wrote: I have an interesting question. I read that the new Android version allows you to use all storage devices to install apps. I think it was 5.1 rather than Android 6.0, but I can't remember.

So, is it possible to connect say, a 2TB+ USB hard drive, and install apps and put files from my bluray disks for playback on the Shield?

Thanks.

rips yes, don't know about apps.
Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub
I hav just bought nvidia shield. Have one question. How to set up kodi to get out maximum of this box?
(2015-11-30, 19:33)Cob2 Wrote: I hav just bought nvidia shield. Have one question. How to set up kodi to get out maximum of this box?

You can install Kodi from the Play Store. Setup Kodi as usual. Smile
Setup:
- nvidia Shield TV Pro
- 8TB Synology DS214play
- 2TB External eSATA

twitter
What skins are people using with the NS TV?
Can't make my mind up which one to use, need one that can be customised and works well with this device.
(2015-11-30, 14:36)Ogreen Wrote:
(2015-11-30, 14:10)paske Wrote:
(2015-11-30, 13:51)Ogreen Wrote: Of course I know it not possible to use this file because chipset are not the same, but do you think it will be possible to do something like that ( with Shield compatible files of course) just to wait the kodi 17 version ?

Why asking someone to test if it works then ?

I don't ask to test anything, I just want to know if what is done on Himedia player to have bitstream HD sound with kodi, is possible on shield, I talk about the method, not to use the same file of course because it's only for Himedia (HimediaWrapper)
To be clear, I would like to know if it's possible to change the internal kodi player by the internal google player to have now HD sound bitstream on kodi 15.2 or kodi 16. (as Himedia did Wink )
Hi,

All the wrapper does is change the playercorefactory in kodi to say anything with a dts-hd, dolby truehd etc to play with the in built media player and it's packaged as apk for convenience.

You can write your own using below link and transfer it to the correct folder in Android.

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Use_externa...on_Android

Android user data does in below location for plug ins and theme etc

Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata

I have not yet received my shield but will test out when I get chance.

Thanks.
TV: Sony  65" A1E Surround: Yamaha RXA-3050 + ORB Audio Mod2 7.1.2 + SVS SB12-NSD Sub Processor: Darbee + DVDO iScan Mini Players: HDI Dune Solo4K + Apple TV4K + Vu+ Ultimo 4K NAS: Qnap TVS 871 Pro i7 16GB Ram 10GBe
Does anyone know if a MCE ir extender will work with the Nvidea?
The reason being I like the NS to go behind the tv out of the way.
(2015-12-01, 09:12)a5ian300zx Wrote:
(2015-11-30, 14:36)Ogreen Wrote:
(2015-11-30, 14:10)paske Wrote: Why asking someone to test if it works then ?

I don't ask to test anything, I just want to know if what is done on Himedia player to have bitstream HD sound with kodi, is possible on shield, I talk about the method, not to use the same file of course because it's only for Himedia (HimediaWrapper)
To be clear, I would like to know if it's possible to change the internal kodi player by the internal google player to have now HD sound bitstream on kodi 15.2 or kodi 16. (as Himedia did Wink )
Hi,

All the wrapper does is change the playercorefactory in kodi to say anything with a dts-hd, dolby truehd etc to play with the in built media player and it's packaged as apk for convenience.

You can write your own using below link and transfer it to the correct folder in Android.

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Use_externa...on_Android

Android user data does in below location for plug ins and theme etc

Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata

I have not yet received my shield but will test out when I get chance.

Thanks.

Thank you Wink
I'm gonna see that ASAP.
Simply love my Shield + Kodi combination, flawless bluray remux playback with my favorite interface!

One question though, can I link android apps from my Kodi to home screen buttons. IE link the native Anroid/Shield Netflix app straight in the Kodi menu? I want to use the native apps from Android(Netflix, Twitch and YouTube) with shortcuts from the Kodi interface.

Let me know Smile Anyway great information in this thread, used it to read up on the Shield before purchasing.
The android version...
When you look at the Programs section in Kodi..
Your android apps should show up in there...
(2015-12-01, 09:40)gkf9 Wrote: Does anyone know if a MCE ir extender will work with the Nvidea?

I have tried an eHome Infrared Transceiver (an HP device coupled with a MCE remote ordered from China on eBay) and it definitely doesn't work out of the box, as in KODI on Raspberry Pi (2). So the answer is probably no. I have also tried to find a driver/app on Android, but without any success. There is also a possibility to use the IR port present on SATV, but you need either a Logitech Harmony remote, or a learning remote, an Anymote+ app and an Android phone with an IR transmitter. And so far only arrows, OK button, back button, volume + and - and the on/off toggle are working, although many people request implementing also the rest of the buttons, so maybe in some next version we will get a complete support.
(2015-12-01, 11:01)PantsOnFire Wrote: The android version...
When you look at the Programs section in Kodi..
Your android apps should show up in there...

Yep, have found the apps there. But I am unable to link them to the main menu/home screen as I can with native Kodi add ons.
(2015-12-01, 11:10)Fantomas.CZ Wrote:
(2015-12-01, 09:40)gkf9 Wrote: Does anyone know if a MCE ir extender will work with the Nvidea?

I have tried an eHome Infrared Transceiver (an HP device coupled with a MCE remote ordered from China on eBay) and it definitely doesn't work out of the box, as in KODI on Raspberry Pi (2). So the answer is probably no. I have also tried to find a driver/app on Android, but without any success. There is also a possibility to use the IR port present on SATV, but you need either a Logitech Harmony remote, or a learning remote, an Anymote+ app and an Android phone with an IR transmitter. And so far only arrows, OK button, back button, volume + and - and the on/off toggle are working, although many people request implementing also the rest of the buttons, so maybe in some next version we will get a complete support.
OK, thanks, I'll be using a Harmony remote so hopefully everything should work, buttons wise ( that's what I've read anyway )
Looks like I'm going to have to have it on display then, and have line of sight. Bugger.

Thanks again
(2015-12-01, 08:17)gkf9 Wrote: What skins are people using with the NS TV?
Can't make my mind up which one to use, need one that can be customised and works well with this device.
I am using transparency. Very customizable .also use on my main HTPC. The sheild handles this flawlessly

Yes. I'm using a standard USB-IR Remote receiver and of a cheap MCE Remote.

I'm using this one, works perfect (even outside of Kodi!)

http://www.amazon.de/GMYLE-Windows-Fernb...nbedienung

Anyway, its not possible to hide the Shield cause you can not power it on with the remote.
Kodi 15.2 @ Android TV (Nvidia Shield)
PVR Backend: DVBLink/ DVBLogic with DigitalDevices 2xDVB-S & 2xDVB-C,CI DeltaCamTwin @ UM02 & HD02
Media Backend: EMBY
(2015-12-01, 12:06)datranquil Wrote:

Yes. I'm using a standard USB-IR Remote receiver and of a cheap MCE Remote.

I'm using this one, works perfect (even outside of Kodi!)

http://www.amazon.de/GMYLE-Windows-Fernb...nbedienung

Anyway, its not possible to hide the Shield cause you can not power it on with the remote.

Great, think mine should work then, can I not power it with a Harmony remote through the ir extender? I would just leave the NS behind TV and have the IR extender sat on one of my other devices.
  • 119(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9