• 9(current)
iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)
(2015-12-09, 19:45)StuMcBill Wrote: I've managed to get this installed no problem!

I just have a couple of questions,

1. Can this be done with other .deb files as well?
2. How do you go about installing add-ons on this without access to the iOS file system?

Cheers
Stewart

1. It should as long as it doesn't use anything outside the iOS app sandbox (Try the app, if it works it works, if it doesn't, well...)
  2. You would use something like iFunbox or iExplorer and that will let you access the Kodi directory (not all add-ons work)
I am running version Version 7.2 (7C68) of Xcode(updated just today before I saw this post). Tried numerous times, and still getting the "fix issue" problem.
Looked all through this thread and so far no success. I still cannot get it to accept my apple id.

"An App ID with Identifier 'com.brad.Kodi' is not available. Please enter a different string."

Anyone still having this issue with
(2015-12-09, 22:18)cabrio Wrote: I am running version Version 7.2 (7C68) of Xcode(updated just today before I saw this post). Tried numerous times, and still getting the "fix issue" problem.
Looked all through this thread and so far no success. I still cannot get it to accept my apple id.

"An App ID with Identifier 'com.brad.Kodi' is not available. Please enter a different string."

Anyone still having this issue with

It's fairly likely that someone already has used the ID of com.brad.Kodi, I would try something else (maybe add your last name as well)
(2015-12-09, 18:19)realabs Wrote: Trying to run iOS App Singer.app , but nothing happens. It doesn't run and frozen. Do you have any ideas about the reason?

OS X 10.11.2 (15C50)

I just updated my computer to 10.11.2 and the app is still working for me

I did notice however that when I opened the app the main window did not appear the first time, I just clicked the icon another time after it was running and it then appeared
Worked a charm...thanks Dan, you're the man!!!
As asked by a previous poster, any chance this will work with ATV3?
(2015-12-10, 08:36)davo Wrote: As asked by a previous poster, any chance this will work with ATV3?

No, there is no official way of installing apps onto any Apple TV other than the 4th gen

This will work with the Apple TV 4 once they get it running and start compiling debs
Got this working on a couple of different iPhones and iPads without any problems Big Grin

Before I decide to ditch my jailbreak, is there any advantage to using the deb version through cydia over this sandboxed version? I've had a play around and as far as I can tell, everything that I use works perfectly (all my addons, nfs shares, smb shares etc..)
(2015-12-09, 23:12)DanTheMan827 Wrote:
(2015-12-09, 18:19)realabs Wrote: Trying to run iOS App Singer.app , but nothing happens. It doesn't run and frozen. Do you have any ideas about the reason?

OS X 10.11.2 (15C50)

I did notice however that when I opened the app the main window did not appear the first time, I just clicked the icon another time after it was running and it then appeared

Trying to do but, but see this one message "You can not open the program «iOS App Signer», as it is not responsible."
(2015-12-10, 10:36)shiggedyshoo Wrote: Got this working on a couple of different iPhones and iPads without any problems Big Grin

Before I decide to ditch my jailbreak, is there any advantage to using the deb version through cydia over this sandboxed version? I've had a play around and as far as I can tell, everything that I use works perfectly (all my addons, nfs shares, smb shares etc..)

From all the tests I have performed on multiple iDevices, I can see no reason that this works any different to the deb version. Okay, the userdata is in a different location due to the sandboxing but as you have also seen, everything I use on a regular basis runs without issue.

I have ditched my jailbreak and updated to 9.2 and so far everything is flawless. In a way im glad that ive now got no jailbreak as I feel much happier and get all the latest improvements released with the latest firmware.

The only thing I am missing at the moment are the 3dtouch tweaks on my iPhone 6 plus but then again, to be fair I never really used them anyway and only had them to show off to friends etc. lol

From what I have read, the only downside to sideloading via xcode is you have to re-load the app every 3 months as the signing cert expires unless you pay for the $99 dev account, but I could be wrong on this.
(2015-12-10, 14:41)Steverae Wrote: From all the tests I have performed on multiple iDevices, I can see no reason that this works any different to the deb version. Okay, the userdata is in a different location due to the sandboxing but as you have also seen, everything I use on a regular basis runs without issue.

I have ditched my jailbreak and updated to 9.2 and so far everything is flawless. In a way im glad that ive now got no jailbreak as I feel much happier and get all the latest improvements released with the latest firmware.

The only thing I am missing at the moment are the 3dtouch tweaks on my iPhone 6 plus but then again, to be fair I never really used them anyway and only had them to show off to friends etc. lol

From what I have read, the only downside to sideloading via xcode is you have to re-load the app every 3 months as the signing cert expires unless you pay for the $99 dev account, but I could be wrong on this.

Brilliant, thanks for the confirmation. Userdata being in a different place isn't a problem (for me at least), afaik it can still be accessed through iTunes/iFunbox although I haven't tested that on a non jailbroken device.

Reloading every few months isn't a dealbreaker either (until I end up trying to use it while I'm out and not in a position to re-sign it!).

I'm in the same boat re the jailbreak, I only jailbreak for Kodi so it would be nice to be able to upgrade to the latest iOS.
(2015-12-10, 10:36)shiggedyshoo Wrote: From what I have read, the only downside to sideloading via xcode is you have to re-load the app every 3 months as the signing cert expires unless you pay for the $99 dev account, but I could be wrong on this.

(2015-12-10, 14:41)Steverae Wrote: Reloading every few months isn't a dealbreaker either (until I end up trying to use it while I'm out and not in a position to re-sign it!).

If you want a way that lasts a little longer you could always purchase a provisioning profile from various websites... but if Apple found out the company was selling spots on a dev account they could decide to revoke the certificate

Full dev accounts would still have to re-sign, it would just be every year instead of 3 months
(2015-12-10, 12:11)realabs Wrote:
(2015-12-09, 23:12)DanTheMan827 Wrote:

OS X 10.11.2 (15C50)

Trying to do but, but see this one message "You can not open the program «iOS App Signer», as it is not responsible."

I'm not entirely sure but it sounds like it could maybe be Gatekeeper...

Here's some info from Apple
(2015-12-10, 10:36)shiggedyshoo Wrote: Got this working on a couple of different iPhones and iPads without any problems Big Grin

Hi,

I'm curious as to which version of iOS you are running? I can't get NFS to work here, using KODI 15.2 I got from the stable builds. I'm using a non-jail broken iPad with iOS 9.1, wildcard provisioning profile.

Thx
nfs on 64bit ios9 devices is a known issue
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)8