• 70(current)
Release script.skinshortcuts
(2015-12-07, 00:29)BobCratchett Wrote: You could probably get part of the way by just not including <skinshortcuts>visibility</skinshortcuts> in your widget template - all the widgets will be visible at once. Doing it this way you'd probably need a unique id for each list, which you might be able to get by pulling out the 'id' into a template property and using that as part of the list id. What I don't know how you'd do is manage navigation between the different widget lists.

Yes, I'm sure such a feature would be considered. For me to add it personally please be as specific as possible about what exactly you need adding to the script to do what you want (and the less that needs adding, the more likely I am to add it Wink - though I won't add any features until after the next repo push). For others to add it, it just needs to interest them Smile

Cheers, I'll see how far that takes me and post a more elaborate description of what I'm after once I actually start work on it.

edit: removed an issue which solved itself Undecided
(2015-12-04, 01:30)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2015-12-04, 01:13)BobCratchett Wrote: A general explanation about passing the properties back as a param along with a simple example would be fantastic Smile

Fine, will do that.

Here's an attempt Wink

https://github.com/Jayz2K/script.skinsho...mplates.md
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
That's absolutely fantastic Big Grin Please PR it.
Hi,

I'm having an error in debug log that seems to be an issue for reaching the repo. Maybe you can help me ? Wink

I'm asking to focus the control list 211 as default :

PHP Code:
<defaultcontrol always="true">211</defaultcontrol

https://github.com/Jayz2K/skin.KOver/blo...rtcuts.xml

But I always get an error :

Quote:15:26:24 T:140312745457792 DEBUG: Load /home/ronie/.kodi/addons/skin.kover/16x9/script-skinshortcuts.xml: 10.27ms
15:26:24 T:140312745457792 ERROR: Control 211 in window 13000 has been asked to focus, but it can't

My 211 control is in an include. Maybe the issue ? ... Loading / building time for the control to show is longer that the focus request ?

Thanks in advance. Smile

Unfortunately this is a known issue, and I'm very open to input as to what we can do about it (without too major a re-write!) Smile The problem comes down to the fact that at the time the window shows, we generally haven't yet loaded the users selected shortcuts which show in that list. So, as 211 is empty Kodi can't focus on it. As a very simple solution, focus on one of the controls used for editing the shortcut - 401 for instance...
(2015-12-13, 23:50)BobCratchett Wrote: Unfortunately this is a known issue, and I'm very open to input as to what we can do about it (without too major a re-write!) Smile The problem comes down to the fact that at the time the window shows, we generally haven't yet loaded the users selected shortcuts which show in that list. So, as 211 is empty Kodi can't focus on it. As a very simple solution, focus on one of the controls used for editing the shortcut - 401 for instance...

Thanks Bob Smile Well, I got it not that bad.
Not that I can't focus another control but it won't sound logical to the end user.
I will link this to Ronie if you're OK and if it's still a problem, I will then change it to focus the sublist.

Cheers

Ronie is a good person to link to - when it comes to Python my skill level is far closer to 'enthusiastic hacker' than 'skilled coder' - he has the understanding of the language and the api, as well as the knowledge to understand why this is an issue. He probably even knows how focusing on the relevant control can be delayed within the script until the shortcuts are actually loaded. (And as we haven't quite gone ahead with a Jarvis repo push of the script yet, there might just about still be time to get a fix in before such happens!)

Edit:- Two points Smile

First, having had a quick look at the mailing list post, I'd suggest this has only come to light because of the various undefined ID's that Ronie found. I believe that most every skin using Skin Shortcuts is likely to have the same issue - and if it hasn't blocked them from being on the repo... (which isn't to say it's not something that shouldn't be fixed!)

Second, I haven't reviewed the code used when loading the window for a long long time, and my understanding of Python has improved since then. From what I understand, the loading of the user shortcuts and the displaying of them should probably be in the __init__ function, rather than the onInit function where it currently is. I'm fast running out of time tonight - which, with my schedule for the next couple of days means I probably can't change + test it in time for inclusion in the next repo release - but this should be fixable for the repo+1 release.
@Bob : great ! Smile
I think I fixed almost everything. Let's wait about his reply. Still, there's a possible temporary fix. I think we will be able to live with a sublist focus until you try your fix Wink

I've just tried a quick fix and it causes the script to crash. So, if Ronie is able to accept that it will be potentially - see below - fixed in repo+1 then fair enough. Otherwise the workaround will be needed.

(The issue is that we can load the user shortcuts on __init__, but we can't actually display them until the onInit() function, because - from a script perspective - GUI 211 doesn't actually exist when __init__ is called... It will need some time, which I don't have now, to test whether we can at any point add these before Kodi tries to focus them - and if not, the script can take care of focusing these when the time comes.)

Edit - or someone who actually understands Python + the Kodi api to tell me how this should actually be handled!
what i usually do is let the script control the focus.
so don't define a <defaultcontrol> in the skin xml, but let the script focus the list once it's filled with items.

i guess that could work for skinshortcuts as well ?

Code:
self.setFocus( self.getControl( 211 ) )
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Yup, that can work in association with the overrides that we already support Smile (We can focus 211 when the shortcuts are loaded, but the various implementations of the script mean that a fair few skins would probably prefer/require - Move Up (303) or Move Down (304), which these skins display over list 211 - to be selected by default.)

It's all doable, with the appropriate overrides so the skin can select what is appropriate for them. With my current availability - unless someone beats me to it - it'll likely happen for repo+1 now Smile

Edit:- Git discussion at https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinsh...-163276822
Hi, I just installed version 1.0.0 from the repo and all of the sudden my the script throws exception while generating the main menu.

here is the log from the exception:

Code:
22:19:31 T:140018450413312   DEBUG: script.skinshortcuts: Building menu for profile Master user
22:19:31 T:140018450413312   DEBUG: script.skinshortcuts: Failed to write menu
22:19:31 T:140018450413312   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
22:19:31 T:140018450413312   ERROR:   File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/script.skinshortcuts/resources/lib/xmlfunctions.py", line 93, in buildMenu
22:19:31 T:140018450413312   ERROR:     self.writexml( profilelist, mainmenuID, groups, numLevels, buildMode, progress, options, minitems )
22:19:31 T:140018450413312   ERROR:   File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/script.skinshortcuts/resources/lib/xmlfunctions.py", line 486, in writexml
22:19:31 T:140018450413312   ERROR:     menuitem = self.buildElement( submenuItem, submenu, None, profile[1], itemid = itemidsubmenu, options = options )
22:19:31 T:140018450413312   ERROR:   File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/script.skinshortcuts/resources/lib/xmlfunctions.py", line 724, in buildElement
22:19:31 T:140018450413312   ERROR:     onclick.text = DATA.upgradeAction( onclick.text )
22:19:31 T:140018450413312   ERROR:   File "/home/kodi/.kodi/addons/script.skinshortcuts/resources/lib/datafunctions.py", line 1049, in upgradeAction
22:19:31 T:140018450413312   ERROR:     return "ActivateWindow(Music," + action.split( ",", 1 )[ 1 ]
22:19:31 T:140018450413312   ERROR: IndexError: list index out of range

Can anyone give me a hint if that's a bug in my DATA.xml files or in the script?
Thanks for the bug report - and yes, it's a bug in the script. One of these days we'll get an update out without any bugs!

I'll push a fix to git shortly, but to get around the issue use the menu customiser to look for a menu item with the action "ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary)" and change it to "ActivateWindow(Music)". (How to do this will vary slightly based on the skin you're using, but it's generally "Change Action", then scroll to the bottom of the list that's presented and choose "Custom shortcut >" to be able to manually edit the action.)
That's what I assumed. Thnx for the hint on the workaround.
Found an issue on accident the other day. I set up 15.2 on a new Fire TV and when I was using any skin that had shortcuts (Aeon Nox, Mimic and a few others) I couldn't access my music addons (Google Music EXP, NPR, Songza, etc.) The addons were completely nonresponsive.

Here is the log where I start in Confluence and I can open NPR, but when I switch to Aeon Nox and Mimic the NPR app won't respond at all.

After I added music to the library, everything worked again.
  • 70(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.skinshortcuts8