• 198(current)
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)
Hi all,

some issues with the SkinShortcuts branch

1) I have the weather widget not displaying a background when selected. I check this post #2768 and Bob said that a fix was pushed but it doesn't work for me. I copied the latest zip from Ignoble61 Github (skinshorcut branch)

Also when I click on Skin settings ----------- customizers--------set weather fanart nothing happens. Conditional weather is set in Skin settings---------paths.

One last thing about weather. The conditionnal weather fanart that is displayed when selecting the weather main menu item takes about 2 seconds to show up. It used to be way faster than that.

2) When I select a personal playlist to add to the main menu I can change is background to "(Video playlist) Name of the playlist". Choosing this the background are not random, everytime I start Kodi it's the same background and it doesn't change when going back and forth on the main menu like a "multiple image" background would. Is this a problem with the alarmclock bug ?
or am I not choosing the right backgrounds

thanks, All in all the new skin shortcut branch is very very nice. good work everybody
(2016-01-09, 18:03)sarlan19 Wrote: Hi all,

1) I have the weather widget not displaying a background when selected. I check this post #2768 and Bob said that a fix was pushed but it doesn't work for me. I copied the latest zip from Ignoble61 Github (skinshorcut branch)

Also when I click on Skin settings ----------- customizers--------set weather fanart nothing happens. Conditional weather is set in Skin settings---------paths.

One last thing about weather. The conditionnal weather fanart that is displayed when selecting the weather main menu item takes about 2 seconds to show up. It used to be way faster than that.

2) When I select a personal playlist to add to the main menu I can change is background to "(Video playlist) Name of the playlist". Choosing this the background are not random, everytime I start Kodi it's the same background and it doesn't change when going back and forth on the main menu like a "multiple image" background would. Is this a problem with the alarmclock bug ?

thanks, All in all the new skin shortcut branch is very very nice. good work everybody

Hello,

For weather, make sure you have a weather fanart image collection installed (you can find them in the Kodi repo, under Look & Feel, Image Collections).

I think that in order for you to get a dialog that allows you to select a weather fanart collection when you go to Customizers, Set Weather Fanart, you need to install the Image Resource Select Addon. This addon is supposed to be installed as a skin dependency, so you will not find it in the Kodi GUI. Here is the link: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/jarvis/sc...ce.select/

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Bart
(2016-01-09, 18:25)bsoriano Wrote:
(2016-01-09, 18:03)sarlan19 Wrote: Hi all,

Hello,

For weather, make sure you have a weather fanart image collection installed (you can find them in the Kodi repo, under Look & Feel, Image Collections).

I think that in order for you to get a dialog that allows you to select a weather fanart collection when you go to Customizers, Set Weather Fanart, you need to install the Image Resource Select Addon. This addon is supposed to be installed as a skin dependency, so you will not find it in the Kodi GUI. Here is the link: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/jarvis/sc...ce.select/

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Bart

Thanks bsoriano that fixed my 2 seconds lag for weather ! That is very cool. I still get black background for the weather widget.
Glad that helped. Did you select "Weather fanart" as the background in the customizer for the weather menu item?

EDIT: I just checked again and you are correct, no background when you select an item on the weather widget.

@BobCratchett, is this something you could please take a look at? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2016-01-09, 18:40)bsoriano Wrote: Glad that helped. Did you select "Weather fanart" as the background in the customizer for the weather menu item?

yes I did. All I have for widget background is Default/Flat/Clear/Clear White/None.

EDIT as I don't want to do multiple post in a row :-) :

Found another thing. When clicking "i" for info on the in cinema widget for movies, the letter D is present next to all the movie title. It's not a big thing at all and I'm not even sure it's skin related but here is a screenshot anyway

Playlist backgrounds are now randomised, and I've removed the 'D' (I left that in when testing which variable relates to which element on screen Blush)

Can't reproduce weather fanart issues. To be clear, the issue is the widget not showing fanart within the widget itself, or with the fanart not showing up in the background of the homepage when the widget is highlighted? Something else?
(2016-01-09, 19:13)BobCratchett Wrote: Playlist backgrounds are now randomised, and I've removed the 'D' (I left that in when testing which variable relates to which element on screen Blush)

Can't reproduce weather fanart issues. To be clear, the issue is the widget not showing fanart within the widget itself, or with the fanart not showing up in the background of the homepage when the widget is highlighted? Something else?

thanks for that quick fix on the background :-)

the problem with weather widget is that the background is not showing up when the widget is highlighted.

when the menu item is selected it works great when all script are installed :-)
OK, which fanart pack do you have selected in Settings > Appearance > Skin Settings > Customisers > Set weather fanart?
Bob,

I have waether fanart multi selected.
(2016-01-09, 19:20)BobCratchett Wrote: OK, which fanart pack do you have selected in Settings > Appearance > Skin Settings > Customisers > Set weather fanart?

Multi if that makes any sense.
Thanks both. Looks like the variable for the multi-background was wrong - now fixed on git. Looks like using fanart as the widget image is broken with the multi-image pack selected too, but that will take me longer to fix...
(2016-01-09, 19:33)BobCratchett Wrote: Thanks both. Looks like the variable for the multi-background was wrong - now fixed on git. Looks like using fanart as the widget image is broken with the multi-image pack selected too, but that will take me longer to fix...

Thanks to you :-) finding bugs is quite easy, fixing them is the real deal !

works good now with Multi Weather and randomize background
Thanks Bob! Background now working when you select a weather widget item.

Regards,

Bart
(2016-01-02, 22:54)BobCratchett Wrote: @bsoriano - I had the feeling the was the case, though its good to get confirmation. It's on my to-do list for Skin Shortcuts. And now, I'll stop derailing the thread Smile

@gibxxi - Hope you don't feel like your issue is being overlooked. We're busy discussing changes in a specific branch which your issue isn't relevant to, so its not that we're ignoring you - its just that its not part of what we're talking about. Fixing the background should be relatively easy, so if Mr Doc, Mr Schimi or one of the other regular contributors doesn't get to it in the next couple of days, give me a poke (and really do remind me - I'm notorious for forgetting about such things) and I'll fix and PR it myself Smile

Sorry for not replying sooner Bob, been busy working. Fortunately access to this menu isn't required most of the time, so it's not a big issue, an issue granted, and one that's been present for some time (Seems to be linked to disabling of the background panel for the music library when viewing it in "wall" mode if memory serves). Either way, as long as it's on the radar that's fine.

I've also noticed in the "Visualization" view, cdart.pngs are not being loaded even if they exist and are displayed on the "Home screen", instead, the handwritten text CD (mod) is displayed instead. The option for "Show CDarts" is set to "Default" in this instance. It's necessary to set that option to "Blu-Ray" or "Vinyl" disk, to get the cdart.pngs for that album to display.

Keep up the good work though, Madnox is STILL the only skin i will use on my systems.

Smile

Gib.
A question regarding case backs. What should the artwork be named, also what are the proper dimensions for the artwork?
  • 198(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)39