• 31(current)
Broken OpenWeatherMap Extended
some parts are translated by kodi
other parts by the addon
and depending on your language, even the openweathermap api may provide localized forecasts

so it's not the most simple addon to get fully translated :-)

i will add all those missing forecast strings to the addon language file.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Yeah it does sound a bit complicated Smile
Great, I'll translate them as soon as they are done!
Looking forward to this Smile
Digital Clock Screensaver with a lot of options - check it out!
Hello,

First of all, thanks for this great addon. Cool

I noticed a small bug if you use it in some very special case:

I don't know if it can be reproduce in many case but when I used it with Jarvis and Bello Fredo skin the weather Icons are not displayed at all.

I check the addon and found the reason:

In default.py to have a correct display I had to replace the line 30 from WEATHER_ICON = xbmc.translatePath('%s.png').decode("utf-8") to WEATHER_ICON = xbmc.translatePath('special://temp/weather/%s.png').decode("utf-8")

With this modification the addon is working with bello fredo but also with all other skin in Jarvis even the one not upgraded to Jarvis and manually installed.

Ronnie Could you have a look and if there is no other side effects and if you agree include this mod in your addon? Huh

This can probably also help for the previous message from thothom and jhwharto

(2015-12-26, 21:17)jhwharto Wrote:
(2015-09-06, 15:13)thothom Wrote: Weather icons not showing up for this add-on or the Yahoo weather add-on

Had same problem on Debian Jessie 32 or 64 bit, Kodi installed from backports repository. File /usr/share/kodi/media/weather.zip missing.

Copied from another box (OSMC running on raspberry pi) and all is now well.

dpkg -L does not show this file, so maybe the debian Kodi packages are broken.

PetitDroud
please read my reply to jhwharto.

your problem is that Bello Fredo is *not* compatible with Kodi Jarvis.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2016-01-06, 22:10)ronie Wrote: please read my reply to jhwharto.

your problem is that Bello Fredo is *not* compatible with Kodi Jarvis.

Hello Ronnie,

Thanks for your reply but you're not totally right, I use the Jarvis version of Bello Fredo available on his Github. Bello Fredo Jarvis Maybe the skin is not completly ported to Jarvis.
My concern was that as it seems to not impacted other skins, the modification can be include in your relase, but anyway, it is not a big deal if I have to modify at every update Wink.

PetitDroud
(2016-01-07, 16:51)petitdroud Wrote: Hello Ronnie,

Thanks for your reply but you're not totally right

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/7361
https://github.com/Montellese/xbmc/commi...d64db4a473
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/8f50...bb34351961
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2120934
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=245717

please tell me where i'm wrong?
(2016-01-07, 17:13)ronie Wrote:
(2016-01-07, 16:51)petitdroud Wrote: Hello Ronnie,

Thanks for your reply but you're not totally right

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/7361
https://github.com/Montellese/xbmc/commi...d64db4a473
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/8f50...bb34351961
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2120934
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=245717

please tell me where i'm wrong?

Sorry Ronnie I didn't said you are wrong in your way of coding (I'm definitely not enough strong to say that kind of judgmentWink), I just reacted about your sentence "your problem is that Bello Fredo is *not* compatible with Kodi Jarvis. because there is differents version of Bello Fredo and the one I used is the one ported for Jarvis.

Anyway, I just wanted to provide a solution to any people who want to use your addon with Jarvis and Bello Fredo and that's it. In any case I wanted to create discord.

Hoping there is no bad feeling between you and me.Angel

PetitDroud
Hello Ronie! It seems you are kept very busy with people's error messages, but that you also seem very adept at what you do. It's lovely to know there are problem-solvers out there such as yourself, so I thank you!

Here's OpenWeatherMap error message from my debug log:

14:22:03 T:1725953040 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.SyntaxError'>
Error Contents: ('unexpected EOF while parsing', ('<string>', 0, 0, ''))
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/weather.openweathermap.extended/default.py", line 859, in <module>
forecast(location, locationid, locationdeg)
File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/weather.openweathermap.extended/default.py", line 163, in forecast
lat = float(eval(locationdeg)[0])
SyntaxError: ('unexpected EOF while parsing', ('<string>', 0, 0, ''))
-->End of Python script error report<--

Prior to this, I don't recall seeing the error message, but what I got instead was a blank weather screen. I entered my location (Winnipeg) just fine, entered my API just fine, but no weather info on the previous OpenWeatherMap installation. So, I uninstalled, tried Yahoo Weather, same problem with no details showing up for weather.

Now with this new installation of OpenWeatherMap, it gave me the error message as seen above. If you need further information I have not provided, please let me know. I would love to have this weather app functioning. Thanks! Smile
did you use the 'location setup' to search for your location?

in case you entered it directly in the 'expert' tab, that won't work.
(2016-01-04, 03:44)ronie Wrote: some parts are translated by kodi
other parts by the addon
and depending on your language, even the openweathermap api may provide localized forecasts

Hi Ronie, do you need any help adding missing forecast strings to the addon language file? Smile
Digital Clock Screensaver with a lot of options - check it out!
(2016-01-11, 22:53)vdb86 Wrote:
(2016-01-04, 03:44)ronie Wrote: some parts are translated by kodi
other parts by the addon

Hi Ronie, do you need any help adding missing forecast strings to the addon language file? Smile

thx, they'll be on transifex once addon sync is re-enabled.
Hello.. Openweather addon is working OK without any error messages in the log but i noticed some weirdness in behaviour

Let me explain.. if I click addons Refresh option -> 'Last Updated' time stamp is updated accordingly but temperature values and for example daily forecast wont update to new values.. only way to update the values is to change Location to another city.. and then back to previous (from the left side options panel)

Am i only one experiencing this behaviour ?
(2016-01-19, 10:15)perplex Wrote: Let me explain.. if I click addons Refresh option -> 'Last Updated' time stamp is updated accordingly but temperature values and for example daily forecast wont update to new values.. only way to update the values is to change Location to another city.. and then back to previous (from the left side options panel)

yup, it's due to recent changes in the addon. i forgot to provide this info, so thanx for the reminder ;-)

i've updated the first post in the thread, which should explain what you're experiencing.
(2016-01-19, 13:42)ronie Wrote:
(2016-01-19, 10:15)perplex Wrote: Let me explain.. if I click addons Refresh option -> 'Last Updated' time stamp is updated accordingly but temperature values and for example daily forecast wont update to new values.. only way to update the values is to change Location to another city.. and then back to previous (from the left side options panel)

yup, it's due to recent changes in the addon. i forgot to provide this info, so thanx for the reminder ;-)

i've updated the first post in the thread, which should explain what you're experiencing.

Okay thanks for the info ;-)
Hello everyone, I ve recently setup an RPi Kodi box for my parents with OSMC and am having problems with the OpenWeatherMap Extended addon which is kinda important for them since my dad travels to different locations of the country each day and doing outdoors work. It used to work very fine for about a month but now it just shows a cloud with a yellow striked line over it.
Unfortunately I can't post a log since I am abroad and cant access the RPi locally. Is this because I didn't get them an api key for the addon? On my kodi box its working fine without an api key though.
Any ideas? Am really sorry I can't post a log right now. Unfortunately the other addons are very inefficient even for temporary use so I would really appreciate some help here!

Thanks in advance.
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenWeatherMap Extended2