• 150(current)
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
(2016-01-14, 02:52)zoltan6 Wrote: Is anyone able to review my Mediainfo below from the movie that I had stuttering/lag occuring? Thanks

Nothing really jumps out at me, tho I'm certainly not the most knowledgeable on the subject. I have an avc1 file with a similar bitrate that streams smoothly across my lan, tho it's at a lower profile.:Confusedhrug::

Is that the only file that's giving you problems?
Image Jellyfish Bitrate Test Files - http://jell.yfish.us
What kind of stuttering is it? Microstutter? Every X-Seconds? Then it is your TV not setting the correct refreshrate. You need to enable it in the video settings of kodi.
Or is audio stuttering as well? Would be even better to provide a log.
Kodi 15.2 @ Android TV (Nvidia Shield)
PVR Backend: DVBLink/ DVBLogic with DigitalDevices 2xDVB-S & 2xDVB-C,CI DeltaCamTwin @ UM02 & HD02
Media Backend: EMBY
(2016-01-14, 15:52)datranquil Wrote: What kind of stuttering is it? Microstutter? Every X-Seconds? Then it is your TV not setting the correct refreshrate. You need to enable it in the video settings of kodi.

It was every X seconds stuttering, no audio stuttering, will look around at refresh rate settings.

Thanks!
Otherwise pls post a logfile.
Kodi 15.2 @ Android TV (Nvidia Shield)
PVR Backend: DVBLink/ DVBLogic with DigitalDevices 2xDVB-S & 2xDVB-C,CI DeltaCamTwin @ UM02 & HD02
Media Backend: EMBY
Hi all, anyone having or had issues with play back of music via Kodi on a Nvidia Shield?
a lot of my music seems to skip half a second or 2 every so often. its like this for every song.
playing via my NUC on kodi doesn't have this issue.
Any thoughts?
Intel NUC DN2820FYKH, OpenElec 5.0
Synology NAS 412+ & DX513 (20TB)
(2016-01-15, 14:24)frog61 Wrote: Hi all, anyone having or had issues with play back of music via Kodi on a Nvidia Shield?
a lot of my music seems to skip half a second or 2 every so often. its like this for every song.
playing via my NUC on kodi doesn't have this issue.
Any thoughts?

I haven't run into this and I have a pretty diverse music library (in terms of file formats).

Are all of your files the same format (i.e. mp3, flac, etc)? If not, it may be worth keeping a brief log of which songs have issues to see if they have anything in common that differs from the other files.
Image Jellyfish Bitrate Test Files - http://jell.yfish.us
Thanks for reply
No most music is Flac, however the issues is the same no matter whether mp3, flac or other formats.playing all types results in similar experience.
They are all shared from a NAS via NFS.
Movies shared via the same dont have any issues.
Intel NUC DN2820FYKH, OpenElec 5.0
Synology NAS 412+ & DX513 (20TB)
Can someone please confirm that the Shield plays flawlessly all the most common HD audio surround formats and that it supports now HDR?

Of course by using Kodi... Big Grin
(2016-01-15, 20:45)Cr4z33 Wrote: Can someone please confirm that the Shield plays flawlessly all the most common HD audio surround formats and that it supports now HDR?

You have to use the 10th test-build passthrough build if you want HD audio. It's pretty solid, but not completely there. There is no HDR content yet, the standards have only just been finalized.
Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub
(2016-01-16, 00:17)danjames92 Wrote:
(2016-01-15, 20:45)Cr4z33 Wrote: Can someone please confirm that the Shield plays flawlessly all the most common HD audio surround formats and that it supports now HDR?

You have to use the 10th test-build passthrough build if you want HD audio. It's pretty solid, but not completely there. There is no HDR content yet, the standards have only just been finalized.

Thanks I might be confusing the fact that the term '10-bit HEVC' is not synonymous of HDR? Huh
(2016-01-16, 09:45)Cr4z33 Wrote:
(2016-01-16, 00:17)danjames92 Wrote:

Thanks I might be confusing the fact that the term '10-bit HEVC' is not synonymous of HDR? Huh

No - HDR and 10 bit are two different things. 8 vs 10 bit is just the bit depth. Conventional SD and HD content has been captured at 10 bit in TV studios for many years. It reduces the banding and other artefacts that 8 bit sampling can introduce. The conventional 601 SD and 709 HD standards include 10 bit sampling. It generates 'cleaner' video - but in SD and HD this conventionally has been in a normal 601/709 colour space with the same gamma etc. used in both bit depths.

HDR is a way of capturing a much higher dynamic range video, in a new colour space (Rec 2020) and with potentially very different gamma etc. The aim is to allow for a wider dynamic range - so it is coupled to cameras that capture a much wider dynamic range and displays that will either go much brighter or much darker - or both to have a totally different look. It will require 10 or 12 bit sampling - but 10 bit HDR is not the same as 10 bit non-HDR.

Much of the 10 bit HEVC content around at the moment is not HDR - it's just 10 bit Rec 709. Sure the dynamic range from LSB to MSB is higher - but this isn't used to deliver massively higher dynamic range, it's done to deliver finer tonal range within the existing dynamic range (i.e. the bright bits aren't suddenly brighter, or the dark bits suddenly darker)

Put an 8-bit and 10-bit conventional chain next to each other and the pictures on both screens will look near identical (the 10 bit one will just look a bit cleaner in some areas if you have a critical eye). Put an 8-bit conventional chain next to a 10-bit or 12-bit HDR chain and the two screens will look very different. The 8-bit conventional screen will look flat and 'thin' compared to the HDR screen which will burn your retinas on the bright bits, but still have detail in the shadows!
Alright thanks for the explanation. Big Grin
(2016-01-15, 05:45)zoltan6 Wrote:
(2016-01-14, 15:52)datranquil Wrote: What kind of stuttering is it? Microstutter? Every X-Seconds? Then it is your TV not setting the correct refreshrate. You need to enable it in the video settings of kodi.

It was every X seconds stuttering, no audio stuttering, will look around at refresh rate settings.

Thanks!

Hello,

I also have an issue of stuttering videos which appeared like 2 weeks ago. Was there an update?
Nothing changed in my setup (NAS, etc..) and I changed my xml since the beginning to load as much as it can and I can clealry see my full episode quickly filling the buffer, so it is not an issue of network speed.
I use the sync display to refresh rate option and it happen at every refresh rate my videos are encoded, 24fps or 60fps.

Sometimes when I stop the video and wait a few seconds and relaunch it, the stutter disappear.
Most of the time, it happens a few minutes into the video and gets worse and worse throughout the playback.
(2016-01-18, 17:07)Morgan Wrote: I use the sync display to refresh rate option

Turn that off, what you want is Settings – Videos – Playback – Adjust display refresh rate – Always.
(2016-01-19, 01:49)Hiphopopotamus Wrote:
(2016-01-18, 17:07)Morgan Wrote: I use the sync display to refresh rate option

Turn that off, what you want is Settings – Videos – Playback – Adjust display refresh rate – Always.

Why Always? I thought On Start/Stop was recommended, as very few, if any, streams have multiple refresh rate content in them (i.e. everything is usually at a fixed refresh rate, so setting this at start of playback makes sense) It's what I do for 23.976, 24.000, 25, 50 and 59.94 content (I don't think I have any 60.00)
  • 150(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9