• 42(current)
v16 Android pass-through test thread. EXPERIMENTAL!!!
I found dd for windows: http://www.chrysocome.net/dd

copy the dd.exe to the place where your movie is, then run:

Code:
dd if="Name of the movie.mkv" of="Sample for Fritsch sniper.mkv" bs=1M count=200

Afterwards upload that snippet somewhere. Don't introduce any spaces, please. If that's over your head (please be honest, I don't want to zero out your harddisk), ask your neighbour or someone, please.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Figured out that issue with the Dolby Atmos tracks as well when I played back Everest. The englisch track was displayed as Dolby TrueHD by my Yamaha 677 whereas the german track was displayed as DD+ but did not playback wihout stuttering.
So some Atmos tracks do have a TrueHD coretrack and some have just the DD+ coretrack. Maybe it's just to reduce the overall bitrate or it is less expensive for the studio to produce.

But a question to those who own a Atmos capable AVR, what is displayed by the AVR when you playback a track as the german or french track of the movie Everest?

I also have another question, i read that HD audio passthrough was just availible in this testbuild as a hack.
In the official releases it would not be available until Kodi 17.
Did anyone already test the first builds of v17 an can confirm if the HD audio passthrough already works here as well?
I am not sure at all for now - this is really the case. From the mediainfo I got - I did not see a single evidence that there is "atmos" ingegrated. For now I think EAC3 is just not working properly.

Let's find out: What happens here: http://www.demo-world.eu/download-2d-tra...l_plus.jpg
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I just read a review of "American Sniper" concerning the Audiotracks. It seems the US market got TrueHD with Atmos on top. German / French got a dolby digital 7.1 plus as core and atmos bits on top. But funny enough the review sites could not test this Atmos version at all, cause they had no hw that could understand dolby digital+ with atmos bits.

I did not find any tool in the wild that would be able to copy this track including atmos bits.

Two questions:
1) So - are we sure "your rips" includes those atmos bits?
2) Which AVR is able to play dolby digital + and also interprets the atmos bits?
I Will post sample of Everest
@runcinq If you PM the link to the sample, please include me.
Last night I saw a movie for the first time with the 10th Jan build. It was a DTS-HD MSTR. From time to time, the movie had a bit of a lipsync, almost unoticed, but it was there, but not all the time.
Today my wife is going to see almost half of the movie, she fell asleep, so I might install the 29th December build to see if I get those lip-sync issues.

(2016-01-17, 21:18)fritsch Wrote: I just tested this sample: http://www.demo-world.eu/download-sd-tra...sparks.jpg
My Receiver happily indicates DTS, kodi detects it as DTS-ES and 6.1 channels.

So it seems to be understood. I did not read the parsing code step by step if the sync methods cuts extensions, but it seems fine as is.
Can you tell me how do I put that info screen when running a video?!

(2016-01-18, 09:22)Vidman Wrote: Because you are lucky enough to either not have the issue or not notice it
I also don't have any video problems on Kodi on my SATV. Previous I watched movies over a raspberry with OSMC and it had perfect blacks/greys!!! After I switch to the SATV, I can say that PQ is the same and no problems on blacks and greys on kodi. The only problem that I notice is when I'm at SATV interface, with the greys.

Don't know why you guys generalize this issue...
Living Room: TV LG OLED55C9PLA, Onkyo TX-NR808, Xbox One S, Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019), PS3, Wii, Cambridge Audio Azur 640C, Wharfedale Diamond 9.4 / 9 CS / 9.1, Sub BK Gemini, Logitech 650 Remote
Press the "o" key or use kodi-send -a CodecInfo or remap the "o" key to something your remote understands.
(2016-01-17, 14:18)Koying Wrote: *sigh* Looks like the sarcasm was lost.
There is no such thing as EAC3 Atmos. Atmos is always TrueHD.
A Dolby Digital Plus (EAC3) bitstream can contain Dolby Atmos encoded material. (ref. Dolby TB24)

Edit: just wanted to confirm that it is possible.
Jo and three blurays on this planet have it. While I did not find neither a hw player that supports it, nor did I see a "rip" tool in the wild that would be able to copy it correctly, when creating an mkv or something.

so most likely you have a raw bluray somewhere that no device can play (or skip the atmos extension completely).
Of interest.

(2016-01-17, 19:41)mylle Wrote:
(2016-01-16, 18:53)mylle Wrote: Has anyone tried PVR (mediaportal) with this build? For me its not useable. Stuttering and pixelation

Anyone?

So I found out that PVR works if i turn off passthrough. Is there a way to get it to work at the same time without have to switch back and forward?

Regards
Jacob
(2016-01-18, 18:15)mylle Wrote:
(2016-01-17, 19:41)mylle Wrote:
(2016-01-16, 18:53)mylle Wrote: Has anyone tried PVR (mediaportal) with this build? For me its not useable. Stuttering and pixelation

Anyone?

So I found out that PVR works if i turn off passthrough. Is there a way to get it to work at the same time without have to switch back and forward?

Regards
Jacob

In kodi v17 - passthrough won't be available anymore when doing liveStream, cause of the issues you see with it. Another possibility will then be to "transcode", that way we can adjust the clocks when live buffers run dry.
(2016-01-18, 18:42)fritsch Wrote:
(2016-01-18, 18:15)mylle Wrote:
(2016-01-17, 19:41)mylle Wrote: Anyone?

Regards
Jacob

In kodi v17 - passthrough won't be available anymore when doing liveStream, cause of the issues you see with it. Another possibility will then be to "transcode", that way we can adjust the clocks when live buffers run dry.

OK, but will transcoding not require a more powerfull backend cpu?
(2016-01-18, 15:27)Hiphopopotamus Wrote: Of interest.

Actually it's not of interest at all. I knew all of that (and most others will) by reading this thread and just being interested in Kodi on SHIELD TV in general.

It also annoyed me he called it a beta when it's an experimental version of a beta.
Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android pass-through test thread. EXPERIMENTAL!!!11