• 44(current)
Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
If anyone has requirements for photos (features or options they want to see in pictures), let me know. I don't use the photos/picture option in KODI, so I don't know what features one might like to have.
(2016-01-05, 12:49)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2016-01-05, 11:09)donroja Wrote:
(2015-12-30, 21:39)dmdsoftware Wrote: I'll have a look. How are you executing the slideshow functionality (steps)?

I am having the same issue. I'm not sure how they're getting their pictures, but I've created a Google photos link to gdrive and pull them from there. It doesn't matter if I right click the Google photos folder, right click the picture, or slide out menu and choose slideshow, all I get is a black screen. No error. I am able to open a single picture, but I can't go forward or back, not sure if it was designed to though, however when I click play inside the open picture, I get a "slideshow" of just the single picture. Any help would be appreciated. Very cool being able to access my gdrive from kodi though, thanks for the hard work.

Can you confirm if you are using gdrive or gdrive-testing?

The correct behaviour when clicking on a photo is that it appears (but you cannot navigate back or forth).

Tested yesterday with -testing, if you right-click on a folder and select "slideshow", it caches and then displays the photo collection correctly. If I navigate into the directory and right-click and select slideshow, it doesn't work. Will need to investigate. The "slideshow" that appears in the popup left panel doesn't work (as expected) as it is not "cloud friendly" (it treats the list of photos as local files).

I am using gdrive. When I right click the folder, let's just say its "Google photos" and select slideshow, nothing happens, it just dumps me back to the same gdrive directory.
It doesn't say working or anything in the bottom right corner either.
(2016-01-05, 19:48)donroja Wrote:
(2016-01-05, 12:49)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2016-01-05, 11:09)donroja Wrote: I am having the same issue. I'm not sure how they're getting their pictures, but I've created a Google photos link to gdrive and pull them from there. It doesn't matter if I right click the Google photos folder, right click the picture, or slide out menu and choose slideshow, all I get is a black screen. No error. I am able to open a single picture, but I can't go forward or back, not sure if it was designed to though, however when I click play inside the open picture, I get a "slideshow" of just the single picture. Any help would be appreciated. Very cool being able to access my gdrive from kodi though, thanks for the hard work.

Can you confirm if you are using gdrive or gdrive-testing?

The correct behaviour when clicking on a photo is that it appears (but you cannot navigate back or forth).

Tested yesterday with -testing, if you right-click on a folder and select "slideshow", it caches and then displays the photo collection correctly. If I navigate into the directory and right-click and select slideshow, it doesn't work. Will need to investigate. The "slideshow" that appears in the popup left panel doesn't work (as expected) as it is not "cloud friendly" (it treats the list of photos as local files).

I am using gdrive. When I right click the folder, let's just say its "Google photos" and select slideshow, nothing happens, it just dumps me back to the same gdrive directory.

I pushed the latest testing branch to the non-testing branch. Update via the repository or download/install 0.4.17

http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdl...0.7.17.zip

The slideshow works in -testing. Non-testing branch is too old (slideshow was fixed somewhere between 0.7.6 and 0.7.16)
(2016-01-06, 05:54)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2016-01-05, 19:48)donroja Wrote:
(2016-01-05, 12:49)dmdsoftware Wrote: Can you confirm if you are using gdrive or gdrive-testing?

I pushed the latest testing branch to the non-testing branch. Update via the repository or download/install 0.4.17

The slideshow works in -testing. Non-testing branch is too old (slideshow was fixed somewhere between 0.7.6 and 0.7.16)

Thanks for your quick responses, I'll check it out when I make it back home and report back.
(2016-01-07, 04:39)donroja Wrote:
(2016-01-06, 05:54)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2016-01-05, 19:48)donroja Wrote: I am using gdrive. When I right click the folder, let's just say its "Google photos" and select slideshow, nothing happens, it just dumps me back to the same gdrive directory.

Thanks for your quick responses, I'll check it out when I make it back home and report back.

There's going to be more improvements to photos soon, such as more parameters around how many photos to cache before starting a slideshow.
I am somewhat new to Raspberry Pi and Linux. I am trying to use an RPi to turn an old laptop screen into a digital photo frame. I store all family photos on a google drive sorted into yearly folders which are further sorted into dates or events when we were taking pictures to make it easier to find them later.

I would like to be able to set up the frame to run a recursive slideshow for the current year or two, or to select multiple folders of pictures. I would like the frame to automatically boot into slideshow and each night to reboot/reload photos from those folders in case I added new ones to the Google drive.

Eventually I want to add a motion sensor to kill the LCD when no one is around and possibly a gesture sensor to scroll through photos if one wishes to.

For now, I just want to get a slideshow running from the Google drive from more than one folder. I'm also playing with grive on Raspbian but that will simply mirror my folders and I'm struggling with getting it working as I'd like.

Basically, recursive slideshow and/or multiple folders slideshow are the options I would love to see in this add on for a photo frame. At any rate, thanks for the good work, and this is the only way I've gotten even a single folder slideshow running off the Google drive so far.
Is it possible to grant access only to a specific google drive folder?
(2016-01-19, 19:25)elvidi Wrote: Is it possible to grant access only to a specific google drive folder?

Authorization is by scope (read only, read write) and only applicable to all or nothing. But there is a scope for application's data only. Presumably an application can create a data directory that only itself has access to, but I'm not sure if that folder shows up in the web browser version of Google Drive (if it doesn't, how do you add files to it?).

Best bet is create another account and share files and folders with it that you want to permit access to. Then enlist that account.
Fantastic addon but on the latest version in the video section the add-on can only display videos ending with .mkv or Avi but not other video files.
For example
https://drive.google.com/folder/d/0B65B-...JNMlE/edit
If you go in Season 3 you can only see one video but other videos cannot be seen at all
(2016-01-20, 01:09)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2016-01-19, 19:25)elvidi Wrote: Is it possible to grant access only to a specific google drive folder?

Authorization is by scope (read only, read write) and only applicable to all or nothing. But there is a scope for application's data only. Presumably an application can create a data directory that only itself has access to, but I'm not sure if that folder shows up in the web browser version of Google Drive (if it doesn't, how do you add files to it?).

Best bet is create another account and share files and folders with it that you want to permit access to. Then enlist that account.

Thx
(2016-01-20, 10:05)jaspreet Wrote: Fantastic addon but on the latest version in the video section the add-on can only display videos ending with .mkv or Avi but not other video files.
For example
If you go in Season 3 you can only see one video but other videos cannot be seen at all

It actually only displays videos that are tagged as videos by google. So, typically, if a file does not show up, it is because it isn't tagged as a video by Google. In your case, I'm not sure why they are not showing up. Try changing the setting to show all files instead of show videos only in Video Playback in Settings.
(2016-01-20, 10:05)jaspreet Wrote: Fantastic addon but on the latest version in the video section the add-on can only display videos ending with .mkv or Avi but not other video files.
For example

I added your link to my Google Drive, and for Season 3, only episode 10 appears. It should be easy to debug and fix.
(2016-01-21, 00:39)dmdsoftware Wrote:
For example

I added your link to my Google Drive, and for Season 3, only episode 10 appears. It should be easy to debug and fix.
When infact it has all the 13 episodes......For the time being I moved to previous stable version and the bug is not there in that version but still Super useful addon Use it Daily
(2016-01-20, 20:30)dmdsoftware Wrote:
For example

It actually only displays videos that are tagged as videos by google. So, typically, if a file does not show up, it is because it isn't tagged as a video by Google. In your case, I'm not sure why they are not showing up. Try changing the setting to show all files instead of show videos only in Video Playback in Settings.
I tried all that for over an hour before thinking about the file extension Thing. Then moved to older version and its fixed there
(2016-01-21, 12:34)jaspreet Wrote:
(2016-01-20, 20:30)dmdsoftware Wrote:
For example

I tried all that for over an hour before thinking about the file extension Thing. Then moved to older version and its fixed there

There is an issue with those videos that don't appear. They are encoded in Google Drive with extension "" which caused the issue of them not appearing. The fact that those files that don't appear are names "Copy of..." means they were probably created using the "Make a copy of" in Google Drive, and it must have lost their extension encoding in the process (bug?). I've added a workaround and they are appearing in the -testing branch version 0.7.20.

http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdl...0.7.20.zip
  • 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12