Computer shuts down when kodi is idle
This only seems to happen when kodi is open and idle. If kodi is closed, the computer will stay on, if a movie is playing it will stay on, but if kodi is open if will shut off after some time being idle. All the shutdown options are turned off in the power savings menu. I can try to get a log the next time it does it, but in the meantime does anyone have any ideas?
Have you check KODI's power setting?
You mean in the power savings menu in options, right? If so everything is turned to off (so it shouldn't shutdown)
And your PC power setting?
Yes, pc power settings are set to never shut off. Like I said if kodi is closed it stays on, the behavior only seems to happen when kodi is open and idle.
Im having the same problem. When I pause a movie or show minutes later my computer completely shuts down. I just installed kodi on my windows 7 pc today and its happened 4 times. I have been using kodi on my Nexus Player and Nexus 6 for a while now with no real problems. Any help will be much appreciated.
(2016-01-15, 00:13)thesuffering Wrote: Yes, pc power settings are set to never shut off. Like I said if kodi is closed it stays on, the behavior only seems to happen when kodi is open and idle.
Did you install any screensaver addon besides the default ones at some point? Some screensavers do some pretty powerful stuff. Does the problem remain if you (temp-) disable the screensaver or use the defaults?
what about power saving settings within kodi and timer addons and such like?
Ive tried the power saving settings within kodi and timer and nothing. It still shuts down after something is paused for a couple of minutes
per chance do you have the screen saver saver in kodi set to kick in i believe the default is something around three minutes. if I remember correctly the default screen saver is dim but is it possible you have it set to completely black out the skin? If not could you post a Debug Log and if it is indeed restarting post the link to the log.old its the Debug Log from the previous run.

Edit: can you tell us more about your setup? ie os and what not ive found that windows will exhibit that behavior if it has installed updates
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
here is the log http://xbmclogs.com/pyzkmowo3
hudson also the screen does not go black. I started watching DC's Legends of Tomorrow and paused it and after about 55 secs the my computer completely shut down. this has happened twice today
heres another log I think the computer shut off about 10:00 http://xbmclogs.com/pw5vr12bn
Wondering if maybe some CEC control issue. I had an Onkyo AVR that would shut off my TV set out of the blue, even though I had all CEC turned off.

Perhaps check for a bad HDMI cable...? Have you tried turning off screen saver completely in Kodi?
Nvidia ShieldTV (2017)+Nexus
From the log: 09:54:58 T:6340 DEBUG: metahandler: Returned Meta: {'plot': u'\nWhile working at a sobriety checkpoint, Burgess finds a duffel bag full of heroin

Thats it your PC is having an overdose but seriously I am pretty sure from 9.54 - 10.01 a dev could decipher whats going on, sorry im not 100% sure and dont want to steer you down the wrong road.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Computer shuts down when kodi is idle0