• 36(current)
ODROID-C1 from Hardkernel is a $35 Development Board powered by AMLogic S805
(2016-02-16, 13:55)wrxtasy Wrote: I will reconfig the Kernel and throw out a few test versions. Could be a number of things.

Just wanted to thank you agaon for all your support Smile Can't wait to get a test version, as the never version are much more snappy and responsive then the Isengard one Smile

Thanks again Smile

Regards
Vlaves
Yes its pretty snappy allright. Smile

No Mali_Turbo patch in the Kernel of the old Isengard version to speed up the Kodi GUI.
A bunch more Kodi optimisation patches in the new one as well borrowed nabbed from the RPi !

Yeah Smile thats why I can't wait to test it Smile

Hopefully the new testversion will make it working for me in first shot, as at home my familiy is already complaining about the new box Big Grin They have not complained with the newer builds, till the kernel panic...
Just as a test can you re-enable the Overclocking again but in this case use

interactive where performance was before like

Code:
#!/bin/bash

echo 1728000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
echo interactive > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

Maybe the interactive CPU governor will give you more stability without sacrificing Kodi speed too much.

(2016-02-17, 14:27)wrxtasy Wrote: Just as a test can you re-enable the Overclocking again but in this case use

interactive where performance was before like

Code:
#!/bin/bash

echo 1728000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
echo interactive > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

Maybe the interactive CPU governor will give you more stability without sacrificing Kodi speed too much.

I deactivated overclocking completelly first, when the kernel panic occured, while I was testing. Will that change anything using no autostart.sh at all compared to use overclocking again, but with "interactive"?
If you:
Code:
cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

You will find the CPU Governor is already in performance mode even without the Overclocking script. I permanently enabled performance mode in the Kernel for recent versions to see how it would go.

This Interactive one is a bit kinder on the CPU, so it will slow it down every now again whilst not in use to conserve energy and consequently SoC heat produced. Its a simple test that may be beneficial. You will have to use autostart.sh

(2016-02-17, 15:43)wrxtasy Wrote: If you:
Code:
cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

You will find the CPU Governor is already in performance mode even without the Overclocking script. I permanently enabled performance mode in the Kernel for recent versions to see how it would go.

This Interactive one is a bit kinder on the CPU, so it will slow it down every now again whilst not in use to conserve energy and consequently SoC heat produced. Its a simple test that may be beneficial. You will have to use autostart.sh

Ok, thanks. Will try it out as soon as possible.
(2016-02-17, 18:23)benjidave Wrote: @ wrxtasy

Sorry for that double posts.

If my real needs for now is only playing h264/hevc 1080p videos from ethernet (I don't even need 4k for now), C1+ is good enough I guess then? It probably doesn't worth the time to wait until C2 gets mature.
If you are just using OpenELEC then then C1+ will work well for H264/HEVC 1080p 8-bit video. It's plenty snappy and fast. HDMI CEC control works or you can use IR and if you want to do a bit of DIY - program any IR remote.

OE on the S905 / C2 will bring as you know 4K and 10-bit decoding if you need those but will not be on sale till early March to allow devs. time to iron out problems with the Firmware and Kernel.

Really it depends on how patient you are and what you will actually need or use.

Thanks! Really appreciated you respond to people like that, seriously. I am 90% sure I'll get the C1+.

And sorry for the wrong thread post lol.
Thanks for the New RC4 Image Smile Downloading right now and will test as soon as possible Smile Hopefully it will work without those Kernel panics I got in the past...

Regards
Vlaves
I loaded RC4 (updated using .tar file) and then found I had no video - the Kodi Interface is there, just when playing a video - whether streaming or direct from stored file - sound only with a black display.
(even with the black video display, the GUI for Kodi is still there)
I re-installed 6.95.7 and all works again.

Is there something I'm missing in the config with the RC4?
I tested now RC4 too and sadly it is crashing again in the same way. I also checked the overclocking.
I also installed the final Isengard build and that one is not crashing, even when I overclock it.
So it must be some kernel patch after the final build.
Too bad RC4 is not working for me and I still get the crash. What I thought is to try to make the Odroid boot from an USB Stick and then to test then again, as I think I remember you told it has something to do with the SDcard maybe.

Therefore I need to modify the boot.ini on the SD card as afar as I understood and esiest way is to write ur RC4 Image to the SD card and to the USB stick, right? If you can give me a quick advice how to check if I booted from USB after modification, that would be great.

Thanks for ur support again Smile

Regards
Vlaves
okay, forget everything I told prior Big Grin I don't know what changed, but I'm running now the build with the final Jarvis version from here and everything is working perfect, no crashes anymore while watching my 1080i h264 tvheadend streams Smile

Thanks you so much for this build Smile

Regards
Vlaves

PS Still I would love to know hat has now fixed it, so it doesn't get introduced again in some future builds and another question would be if there is a way to increase the reaction time for the remote, using a RF-keyboard for example makes the GUI react instantly, while with remote there is a slight delay.
I went in diligently and did a diff on the problem Kernel linux.arm.conf file vs an older reliable version and found some mis-configurations had crept in.
Its all about re-selecting the correct kernel configs.

Glad its all sorted. Smile

• 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID-C1 from Hardkernel is a $35 Development Board powered by AMLogic S8051