• 81(current)
Release script.skinshortcuts
Of course, I had good intentions Wink
debug log: http://pastebin.com/mxXrCncP
I can't find there anything wrong.

I'm trying to set an icon with:
Code:
<onclick>RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=setProperty&amp;property=thumb&amp;value=$INFO[Skin.String(home.icons.path)]Movies.png&amp;labelID=movies)</onclick>
and backgrounds with the new multiple command, with the code I posted in #1198.

they are both not working...
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
Should have also asked you to enable Skin Shortcuts own debugging option Wink (Sorry if I came across as being short - the last few days there's been a number of users looking for help who won't provide a (clean) debug log, and one who then got narky when he didn't get any help - it's just getting to me slightly!)

No obvious sign of any errors in there. Can you please check the skin.name.properties file before and after to ensure that nothing is changing and test with the latest git version (which does fix one issue I've found myself). Then, when it's still not working, a debug log with Skin Shortcuts own option should show us exactly where it's failing Smile

(Settings/System > Add-Ons > System > Dependencies to enable the scripts own debug logging option)
skin.phenomenal.properies results: http://pastebin.com/a0jnquae
full debug log + shortcuts debug mode: http://xbmclogs.com/pwztbry8a

I see that it updates the props, but they are not really changing.

thanks for your work.
Skin Shortcuts shows that it only tried to change one property - the thumb one - and that it succeeded. You're not trying to do it via two different onclicks still are you? That won't work as, for whatever reason when you accept the first prompt as to whether you want to proceed, the second is dismissed and so the action cancelled. Instead, just add it to the existing call.

(And yes, I know it's getting to be a long line, but I'm not sure there's much I can do about it Wink)

Code:
<onclick>RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=setProperty&amp;property=background|background|background|background|thumb&amp;value=$INFO[Skin.String(home.fanart.path)]movies.jpg|$INFO[Skin.String(home.fanart.path)]tvshows.jpg|$INFO[Skin.String(home.fanart.path)]video.jpg|$INFO[Skin.String(home.fanart.path)]addons.jpg|$INFO[Skin.String(home.icons.path)]Movies.png&amp;labelID=movies|tvshows|videos|vaddons|movies)</onclick>
its two different buttons, with two different onclicks....

I tried yours onclick now... and yet - nothing changed...
http://xbmclogs.com/pkm5efzz2
I don't know what I did, just tested again and again and again - back to the home screen, then back to the settings...
and SUDDENLY - it's working.

I'm very tired from keep tracking all the files with the debug log, so i'll continue testing tomorrow.
right now, it seems to work good..

so, as usual, HUGE thanks, your helping me a lot, much appreciated!
Hey again Bob,
first of all take a look here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mXDsdEsyUo

awesome right? I REALLY Liked it! many thanks.

but, I still know for sure that something was preventing for the properties to be set. I started my day with trying to set simple color property, and I tried again and again - nothing...
I reset skin settings, reset skin shortcuts, and then it worked... It happened to me yesterday.. and nothing is wrong with the log, it is the same even when it fails.
you don't have any clue, what can prevent the properties from being save?

anyway... now when we know its working. can you implement it in the main branch ?
Not much I can do about it not working unless you can give me steps which allow me to reproduce an error, or a log shows something going wrong. Every variation I've tried (with a single <onclick> in a button) has worked, and the debug logs I've seen show that the script is making the changes Confused

The code right now still needs cleaning up, so I can't push it to master quite yet. I have other code to take care of this evening, so I'll do my best to get it in master tomorrow.
I've noticed that a lot of library nodes are stored with "library://../.../.../....xml" by using the just select method.

Example:
videodb://tvshows/genres -> library://video/tvshows/genres.xml/

Is there any reason to store them in this way or could this be changed to be "videodb://tvshows/genres" ?

I'm asking because I use some StringCompare (eg check if Container.FolderPath == Skin.String(JustSelect-Set-Path)) variables to override the heading of the window.
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
They're stored like that purely because, when we list them via the json Files.GetDirectory api, that's the format that Kodi returns them to us in.

I'll be honest, I would need a lot of motivation to start messing about with the paths that Kodi is giving us, and even more to start messing about with the code block in question which has worked solidly for a long while. If you or anyone else does want to take a look into it, though, the code in question is def explorer() in library.py
I guess my Py skills aren't good enough to mess with skin shortcuts Tongue

But I understand your point. Just take it to your list and mark it with "Maybe somewhere far far away in the future, if I'm bored and in the mood" Wink
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
@tomer953 - https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinsh...s/pull/156 - It also includes a fix whereby the properties wouldn't actually be applied to the built menu if the menu had been reset and not edited since (hopefully fixes those confusing instances where it appears not to have worked!)
(2016-01-25, 19:31)BobCratchett Wrote: You can try and fool Kodi into not using a cached version by changing the action - 'Change Action' > 'Custom Shortcut >' (the last one in the list) and add a property to the path. So, YouTube's Popular Right Now would change from:-

Code:
ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.video.youtube/special/popular_right_now/",return)

to something like:-

Code:
ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.video.youtube/special/popular_right_now/?variable=$INFO[System.TotalUptime]",return)

Can i also force a specific skin view within this commands?
(2016-02-24, 19:02)bigbadrabbit Wrote:
(2016-01-25, 19:31)BobCratchett Wrote: You can try and fool Kodi into not using a cached version by changing the action - 'Change Action' > 'Custom Shortcut >' (the last one in the list) and add a property to the path. So, YouTube's Popular Right Now would change from:-

Code:
ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.video.youtube/special/popular_right_now/",return)

to something like:-

Code:
ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.video.youtube/special/popular_right_now/?variable=$INFO[System.TotalUptime]",return)

Can i also force a specific skin view within this commands?

No idea Smile

This isn't really a Skin Shortcuts-related question, so you'll probably have better luck asking in your skins particular subforum of the Skin Support forum, and if no-one knows there then in its own thread here in the Skin Development forum - where people who know the intricacies of what is and isn't possible with the ActivateWindow() function will stand a much better chance of seeing your question Smile
(2016-02-24, 18:49)BobCratchett Wrote: @tomer953 - https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinsh...s/pull/156 - It also includes a fix whereby the properties wouldn't actually be applied to the built menu if the menu had been reset and not edited since (hopefully fixes those confusing instances where it appears not to have worked!)

Thanks.
I installed the latest version from git - but still, there is a weird problem..
I did succeed to change the menus, but as you said, something with resetting the skin setting is breaking the next time...
now - i'm in a situation that I cannot change the menus - I run the custom onclick I made (which worked for sure...) - then I confirm the prompt dialog, then I refresh the skin and the script is build something in the background,
but - in the bottom line - nothing changes. I already showed you that the .properties file is update fine. but something is preventing the script from applying this file to the actual menus.
Hopes you will find it.
here a full debug log when I try to change the menus without success:
http://xbmclogs.com/p2p94vkzt#line-2472

many thanks.
  • 81(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.skinshortcuts8