• 263(current)
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)
A big thanks to Mr. V who has spent more than an hour online with me to try to kill the bug i'm experiencing...without any kind of success but that's the intention that matters in that case.

So really, a big THANK YOU cause this is really what I call support !
Synology DS1815+ / Kodi Krypton beta 3 with Madnox RC2 and Hyperspin 5TB FrontEnd
(2016-03-04, 01:44)Lockos Wrote: Okay I just had to rename Python 27 on my C: drive to Python

Then when I click on the shortcut it opens a command prompt for like half a second and then nothing

What should I do next ?

Lockos,

First of, Kodi needs to be running for this utility to work. Second, you need to check in Kodi in Settings, Services, Web Server, and see what port and username it says there, since that must match in the texturecache.cfg

For example, in my setup, the port is 8082, and the username is kodi, so my texturecache.cfg looks like this:

Code:
#userdata = ~/.xbmc/userdata/
#dbfile = Database/Textures13.db
#thumbnails = Thumbnails/
#xbmc.host = localhost
webserver.port = 8082
webserver.username = kodi
orphan.limit.check = no
cache.castthumb = yes
#rpc.port = 9090
#download.threads = 2
#extrajson.albums  =
#extrajson.artists =
#extrajson.songs   =
#extrajson.movies  =
#extrajson.sets    =
#extrajson.tvshows.tvshow =
#extrajson.tvshows.season =
#extrajson.tvshows.episode=
#qaperiod = 30
#qa.file = no
#logfile =
#logfile.verbose = no
#network.mac = aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff

Only the lines that do not start with a # are actually active. You would put what your Kodi says for port and username. At least in my experience, if you are running the utility in the same machine that Kodi is running in, you don't need to specify anything else.

The way I run it is that I open a command prompt window in the folder where you copied the texturecache utility, and type: python texturecache.py c

That should cache all artwork that is not properly cached, for all your movies and tv shows. If you use the texturecache.cfg info I put in this message, it will also cache the actor thumbs.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Bart
Hey, one little question:

Is the only way to show 3D Movies over the Poster Blueray Cover Menu?
I understood that after the Movie ist detected as a 3D Movie, the Resolution Logo changed to a 3D Logo.
My 3D movies has only the Blueray3D logo in the Cover Overlay View and in the OSD.the Resolution Logo is always 1080

The moviesfiles all named blalba-3D.sbs-1080p.mkv

Thanks in advance!
(2016-03-04, 04:03)Lockos Wrote: A big thanks to Mr. V who has spent more than an hour online with me to try to kill the bug i'm experiencing...without any kind of success but that's the intention that matters in that case.

So really, a big THANK YOU cause this is really what I call support !
(2016-03-04, 04:21)bsoriano Wrote: Lockos,

First of, Kodi needs to be running for this utility to work. Second, you need to check in Kodi in Settings, Services, Web Server, and see what port and username it says there, since that must match in the texturecache.cfg

Cheers Lockos for all the testing you have done and getting the Texture Cache utility running from your end. It's high lighted some potential issue with the widget info dialog. Smile

So a recode is in order.
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
(2016-03-04, 04:21)bsoriano Wrote:
(2016-03-04, 01:44)Lockos Wrote: Okay I just had to rename Python 27 on my C: drive to Python

Then when I click on the shortcut it opens a command prompt for like half a second and then nothing

What should I do next ?

Lockos,

For example, in my setup, the port is 8082, and the username is kodi, so my texturecache.cfg looks like this:

Code:
#userdata = ~/.xbmc/userdata/
#dbfile = Database/Textures13.db
#thumbnails = Thumbnails/
#xbmc.host = localhost
webserver.port = 8082
webserver.username = kodi
orphan.limit.check = no
cache.castthumb = yes
#rpc.port = 9090
#download.threads = 2
#extrajson.albums  =
#extrajson.artists =
#extrajson.songs   =
#extrajson.movies  =
#extrajson.sets    =
#extrajson.tvshows.tvshow =
#extrajson.tvshows.season =
#extrajson.tvshows.episode=
#qaperiod = 30
#qa.file = no
#logfile =
#logfile.verbose = no
#network.mac = aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff

Only the lines that do not start with a # are actually active. You would put what your Kodi says for port and username. At least in my experience, if you are running the utility in the same machine that Kodi is running in, you don't need to specify anything else.

The way I run it is that I open a command prompt window in the folder where you copied the texturecache utility, and type: python texturecache.py c

That should cache all artwork that is not properly cached, for all your movies and tv shows. If you use the texturecache.cfg info I put in this message, it will also cache the actor thumbs.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Bart

Thanks Bart but we have worked on both sides with Mr V. in the background (that is to say by pm). I managed to got the utility working. It changed nothing, the bug remains though.
As a consequence, Mr. V decided to put some extra work on widgets to avoid missing art for the good of all users.
He will tell us if and when it's done if he doen't changes his plans.

But thank you anyway for being so available (like the rest of the team, it's really the first time I have so many answers on a kodi thread so thank you all, you rock !)
Synology DS1815+ / Kodi Krypton beta 3 with Madnox RC2 and Hyperspin 5TB FrontEnd
@Team Madnox and A-Team,

Thanks for everything you've done over the last few days.

(2016-03-04, 03:51)brazen1 Wrote: @Mike_Doc

Is there any upcoming feature to simplify adding .gif posters?
I read a thread about on online database and using an add-on but did not understand the discussion you replied to.
Also, I wonder if there is any thought of an option coming up in the code like 'Prefer .gif if present inside local movie folder'.
If not, no big deal. Will just add manually. Just don't know if patience is a better choice or not?

Hello brazen,

Yes, this is planned. As you've read, Marcel, owner of Skinhelper, has updated the script to make calls to the database that rshicks has created for animated posters / backgrounds. At the moment only calls for posters exist, The idea will be that hopefully per view you can choose standard or animated poster and that this new call will be used to attempt to get an animated poster. Thinking of doing the same for some background but only the small ones like in shelf 3D etc as I understand the animated background aren't sized for good fullscreen display

But there's a lot to design and code and testing and also more to ask Marcel for as I don't have a solution for local .gifs yet but have an idea. No ETA at the moment for this but hopefully in RC2 whenever that is.

This will need people adding to this database of course for more and more .gifs to be available for posters / backgrounds.

But, and I'm afraid there's a but, we are experiencing problems with Kodi itself and reaching limitations so I'm concerned adding more properties and things like this could push us even further past these limitations and this could mean even more artwork etc. not being displayed for the user, which is not what we want, so there is some considerations to be taken with this enhancement.

Patience is hopefully a better choice at the moment.

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
(2016-03-03, 17:05)BobCratchett Wrote: @Team MadNox - treat it as a pure proof of concept and not just because of the pug-ugly code but because it's not a good way to do it, it's just the best I can come up with. This branch fixes the disappearing background for the info panel customiser, with the workaround extendable without much additional effort to any other cases where an image is using $VAR[DialogColorVar] as its colordiffuse (and without much more for any image using other given $VAR's).

I wouldn't go even so far as to say its a fix you want to consider using, though, and I won't do any further work on it. However, in case it does interest you, I leave it in your capable hands.

(2016-03-03, 15:33)Mike_Doc Wrote: @Bob did you end up changing this?

I don't recall touching any code regarding flags.

Thanks Bob for this proof of concept. I guess we'll have to see if this can be built upon and find a good way to do it. Added to this list to go through what you have done but also map out all the vars associated to this to try and understand what is happening fully.

Mike
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
@Lockos
when i send you "my" nfo file - what did you do to test it ?
i saw now, that you are using a sql database - so you should have to check this sql database first and delete the "Lone Ranger" movie from there by hand ! ( i use "HEIDI" for editing my sql database ) - after you delete this movie from your sql database you have to refresh it with the new nfo
i realy think some of your weird looking infos with all those wrong links in it will make this problems ...

or you do what Mr.V told ya - disable temporary the advancedsettings.xml ( no sql ! ) - and add just this lone ranger movie with my nfo file - when you have still the problem you can sort out the sql database - if its working, we can sort out madnox ... but your nfo looks realy weird buddy...

how many more people have this same problem here ? maybe we can cross check some of the nfo files or configs

cheerz
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
(2016-03-04, 03:10)bobrap Wrote:
(2016-03-04, 01:45)meowmoo Wrote: just pushed the "Blow Home Bar info for Videos"

Please pardon my ignorance, but, what is this and how is it set?
Someone suggested to use the lower info for full screen video playback in the background, so he don't have the now playing widget in the picture.

Go to now playin settings, disable the playback widgets, and enable the below bar option and the full screen playback option, start a movie, hit ESC till you are back at the menu. And I looks like in the picture.
nice work lill kittycat-cow Big Grin

( i noticed a wrong language id in variables.xml - its fixed - so be aware while you are working on it to download the new one )
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

Just love this skin, guys and been a big fan ever since I discovered the Madnox skins!

Just something I have always been struggling with: the best addons to use for this skin are often not automatically installed, because I just copy-paste the skin itself to the addons folder. Now in a previous version Schimi2k made a great post with a link to all addons needed: http://www.pointblack.racing/showthread....pid1946139. I have tried to import those same addons, but I think that some are incompatible and break the system.

Can you advise how to get the most out of this skin and which addons to download or is there again an easy package to install?

Thanks and keep up the good work :-)
(2016-03-04, 14:26)yeroentje Wrote: Just love this skin, guys and been a big fan ever since I discovered the Madnox skins!

Just something I have always been struggling with: the best addons to use for this skin are often not automatically installed, because I just copy-paste the skin itself to the addons folder. Now in a previous version Schimi2k made a great post with a link to all addons needed: http://www.pointblack.racing/showthread....pid1946139. I have tried to import those same addons, but I think that some are incompatible and break the system.

Can you advise how to get the most out of this skin and which addons to download or is there again an easy package to install?

Thanks and keep up the good work :-)

Take a look at the third image of the first slideshow in this post - but basically, you can install all but three of the recommended scripts from Skin Settings > Help - just click on any that aren't installed and - if Kodi knows about them (which is to say, if they are available on an installed repo) - Kodi will offer to install them. The same post has a link to the remaining 3 scripts.
> > > UPDATE < < < UPDATE > > > UPDATE < < <

MADNOX V0.9.0 RC-1 TIPPS

>>>looki looki<<<
( add Infoline and Custom Widget config help )

> > > UPDATE < < < UPDATE > > > UPDATE < < <

(2016-03-04, 09:51)schimi2k Wrote: @Lockos
when i send you "my" nfo file - what did you do to test it ?
i saw now, that you are using a sql database - so you should have to check this sql database first and delete the "Lone Ranger" movie from there by hand ! ( i use "HEIDI" for editing my sql database ) - after you delete this movie from your sql database you have to refresh it with the new nfo
i realy think some of your weird looking infos with all those wrong links in it will make this problems ...

or you do what Mr.V told ya - disable temporary the advancedsettings.xml ( no sql ! ) - and add just this lone ranger movie with my nfo file - when you have still the problem you can sort out the sql database - if its working, we can sort out madnox ... but your nfo looks realy weird buddy...

how many more people have this same problem here ? maybe we can cross check some of the nfo files or configs

cheerz

I reset the whole base by deleting :

- Texture.db
- Video.db
- Thumbnails folder

Is that enough ? Then I rescrape the folder containing the movie and still the same result.

Working here :

but not working here :

So I think there really is an issue with widgets, even if I'm the only one to experience it for now.
And please, stop saying that my nfo's are weird. They just have additional fields to work with Emby and Plex and are managed by MetaBrowser 2.0, which is from my point of view way more powerful and flexible than ember.
Plus, all my other working movies are created with the exact same type of nfo, so I think we should drop down the nfo lead.

(2016-03-04, 09:19)Mike_Doc Wrote: Hello brazen,

Yes, this is planned. As you've read, Marcel, owner of Skinhelper, has updated the script to make calls to the database that rshicks has created for animated posters / backgrounds. At the moment only calls for posters exist, The idea will be that hopefully per view you can choose standard or animated poster and that this new call will be used to attempt to get an animated poster. Thinking of doing the same for some background but only the small ones like in shelf 3D etc as I understand the animated background aren't sized for good fullscreen display

Yes, but they are well sized for episode and movie thumbs (personnally I used some 5 seconds parts of movies/tv shows and I extract them with giffing tool with a 640*360 resolution). The result is outstanding, maybe I'll post a YouTube video of my end later.

That's why those animated thumbs were not working for widgets ! I was wondering why animated posters worked on widgets but no animated thumbs !
I didn't know if it was a widget issue or a skinhelper.service issue.
No I know thanks to you !
It would be awesome to make it work on widgets for RC2

Cheers
hmmm i still say they are looking weird hehe Tongue

well, when you are using a sql database it can be ( and i think it is ) that there are still the old infos from your "great" other nfo you are using before ...
thats why i told you to check your sql database ( i use HEIDI for it ) - check the links and then you can see if there are still some "great" links to some old fanarts
( dont ask me please for a guide how to do that... thats not so easy to explain in some small steps )
i have checked here over 100 movies of my collection ( 4 playlists incl random ) and i have always the poster
( that doesnt mean, that maybe something is not 100% right in widget info code ... )

lets wait for some other people who have the same problems maybe, before the guys try to fix something, that is caused by something else
even if Mr.V is already working on something ...

• 263(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Madnox for Krypton / Jarvis - (no longer in development)39