• 14(current)
WIP Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds
(2016-03-08, 01:52)Dave the Minion Wrote: That sounds like what I've experienced, but I've also seen it on 2D playback. Just checked Avengers (in 2D) and didn't notice a problem on that line. But as I said before if some subs go wonky and everything else works, well, so be it!

Thanks for checking!

I just checked my 2D version too, and it doesn't have the problem, but if I watch the 3D version in monoscopic mode/2D it has the same issue.
(2016-03-08, 02:07)timstephens24 Wrote: I just checked my 2D version too, and it doesn't have the problem, but if I watch the 3D version in monoscopic mode/2D it has the same issue.

Yeah that's it. Does the same for me in both Avengers and that scene in Avatar. John Carter did the same and possibly another I've noticed. Hope it can be fixed. Wonder if it's something in the sub stream causing it that could be corrected, even if only to 2D in the 3D environment.
Go easy on me Wink. I forgot I had an i5 4200 laptop w/Win10. First installed latest (2016) Intel media SDK, then installed afedchin's latest build from yesterday. Under Videos > Acceleration, I have both DVXA and stereo 3D options enabled.

When I play a 3D ISO however, I get a "Stereoscopic 3D mode" with "Over/under" notification briefly and playback is in top/bottom mode. Any help is appreciated.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-03-08, 02:25)hdmkv Wrote: Go easy on me Wink. I forgot I had an i5 4200 laptop w/Win10. First installed latest (2016) Intel media SDK, then installed afedchin's latest build from yesterday. Under Videos > Acceleration, I have both DVXA and stereo 3D options enabled.

When I play a 3D ISO however, I get a "Stereoscopic 3D mode" with "Over/under" notification briefly and playback is in top/bottom mode. Any help is appreciated.

Set it to hardware based and it should work fine.
Um, pardon my ignorance, but how do I do this? I'm not well-versed on Windows-based HTPC systems.
My HT
(2016-03-08, 00:33)Dave the Minion Wrote:
(2016-03-07, 22:55)timstephens24 Wrote: I tested maybe 10. The only one with subs that I tested was The Walk and it worked, though I didn't run through the whole movie just scrubbed around a little.

I meant to ask about scrubbing. I was having issues with that before to. Tintin for example would begin fine, just to the second chapter and it seemed to hang, jump to the third and it played fine from that point. Are you using chapter points to jump and/or small skips alla the directional keys?

As for subtitles, were the just on a flat plain or were they in 3D as well? I'm not overly concerned but won't have the chance to test myself for a couple days. I've noticed in at least 2 MVC MKV's where subs do something weird like only display half. Both in Avatar when Jake is first taken to the giant tree and in John Carts when he first encounters the green dude. I think it's likely part of the sub is supposed to be on a different plain and that mucks things up. But I can live with it if everything else works as well as it's sounding.

(2016-03-07, 23:00)movie78 Wrote: Did you test FULL RIP 3D.ISO that contain BDJ MENU?

That's already been asked and answered if you were paying attention.
I see you've been paying attention, because I see you asking the same question over and over...
Chill out, if the question was not directed to you and don't have anything positive to say then sshhh
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-03-08, 02:40)hdmkv Wrote: Um, pardon my ignorance, but how do I do this? I'm not well-versed on Windows-based HTPC systems.

Try this

VIDEO OUTPUT--->PREFERRED MODE--->SAME AS MOVIE

VIDEO---PLAYBACK--->PLAYBACK MODE OF STEREOSCOPIC 3D VIDEOS--->PREFERRED MODE

Hope it helps!
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
@hdmkv

Use fullscreen window = disabled or it will not decode 3D
Your GPU stereoscopic or windows video properties stereoscopic 3D = enabled (this may be a problem for other things though, will test later)
Decode 3D = enabled
Setting to Hardware Based will change after a playback. I think because of disable stereoscopic when playback ended? Try it if all else fails but, KODI GUI will also go into a 3D MVC looking mode.
Bluray playback modes seem to have no affect so......
Hardware acceleration on or off doesn't seem to make any difference on my rig.
Sync playback off
Title naming doesn't seem to matter. I think the decoder is reading MVC from the data for mode switching and naming is passed to skin covers. That's full MVC iso's. Mkv's will need sbs or tab in the name for KODI decode switching to the correct one. You'll still need to manually switch your panel unless it's a Samsung. I guess 'Dave' confirms if you edit the mkv header proper, naming doesn't matter then either.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Thanks brazen1, will try tomorrow morning. I already have 'Same as movie' and 'Preferred mode' set for 3D as movie78 suggested. So, only thing I didn't set was "Use fullscreen window = disabled".

BTW, where is the "GPU stereoscopic or windows video properties stereoscopic 3D = enabled" setting? Under Windows' Display adapter properties I assume?
My HT
'Same as movie' and 'Preferred mode' set for 3D as movie78 suggested. Yes.
In W10:
Right click desktop/Display settings/Advanced display settings/3D display mode
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2016-03-08, 03:12)movie78 Wrote: I see you've been paying attention, because I see you asking the same question over and over...

I do? News to me. Seems I was in a discussion about a problem and helping to identify where if could be found until I am able to test it for myself.

(2016-03-08, 03:12)movie78 Wrote: Chill out, if the question was not directed to you and don't have anything positive to say then sshhh

Yes sir, Mr. Pot.
@afedchin here is my log hope I did it right. few issues with the last build iso are playing now that weren't playing but sometimes they are out of sync with audio and dolby tru hd is broken on iso but play on mkv. I played a couple of iso and mkv rips for a few while the dbug log was running. hope it helps thanks again great work.

http://xbmclogs.com/pn2w0ez22
(2016-03-08, 06:27)Dave the Minion Wrote:
(2016-03-08, 03:12)movie78 Wrote: I see you've been paying attention, because I see you asking the same question over and over...

I do? News to me. Seems I was in a discussion about a problem and helping to identify where if could be found until I am able to test it for myself.

(2016-03-08, 03:12)movie78 Wrote: Chill out, if the question was not directed to you and don't have anything positive to say then sshhh

Yes sir, Mr. Pot.

In fairness some of your posts have been tough to follow. The guys are working hard on MVC decoding and you're asking about TAB / SBS and file naming etc.

Can't we all just get along and enjoy the progress?
(2016-03-08, 12:14)Nelbert Wrote:
(2016-03-08, 06:27)Dave the Minion Wrote:

Yes sir, Mr. Pot.

In fairness some of your posts have been tough to follow. The guys are working hard on MVC decoding and you're asking about TAB / SBS and file naming etc.

Can't we all just get along and enjoy the progress?

Thank you!!!

Most of the hardware out there can support TAB/SBS,we should just focus on MVC MKV AND ISO...

Done!!!
Sorry, it is not clear to me when hardware decoding can be used. At first, I thought it was stated only when using the GPU of a supported Intel CPU, but later it seems like it was suggested that hardware decoding is also possible with an NVidia or AMD card as long as you have a supported Intel CPU and download the required Intel dll? Is this true? Thanks.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds5