• 86(current)
Release script.skinshortcuts
Actually I think you edited out the wrong part of your original comment - there was a problem with VideoLibrary,... - looks like I overlooked it when switching the script from using window IDs to using window names. Should now be fixed in the PR Smile (and thanks for the bug report!)
Oh Smile It's late and hard to concentrate with that baby crying in the background ^^ I'm out for today. Have to stop that little thing to kill my neighbours with her annoying siren.
Thanks for the implementing again and good night mate Smile
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
Hi. I'm having some issues with shortcuts caching and never updating lists. I have searched the thread and tried a solution adding /?a=1 at the end and works for most addons but not others as it just brings up a script error. Does anyone know of any ither solutions or is it possible to add an option in settings to disable any caching in skin shortcuts. Thanks
(2016-03-09, 02:12)YippeeKaiay Wrote: Hi. I'm having some issues with shortcuts caching and never updating lists. I have searched the thread and tried a solution adding /?a=1 at the end and works for most addons but not others as it just brings up a script error. Does anyone know of any ither solutions or is it possible to add an option in settings to disable any caching in skin shortcuts. Thanks

Skin Shortcuts doesn't do any caching, it just asks Kodi to open a particular path. If the contents you see are a cached version it's Kodi's doing, not the scripts.

However there is a workaround, as you're already half-way to, which tricks Kodi into never using a cached version. With what you have, If the path already has a ? in it, use a & and don't add a slash. If it doesn't, use ? (and still be careful with adding slashes). However, I prefer something like:

Code:
?trickToReload=$INFO[System.Time(hh:mm:ss)]

(Obviously using ? or & correctly). You can use anything you want for 'trickToReload', and indeed for whatever comes after the =, though the idea with this method is to use something that's going to be different each time you click the shortcut. That way, Kodi will think its a path its never accessed before and so can't return a cached version even if it wants to.

Having said all of that, if anyone who is experiencing Kodi returning cached lists can reproduce it via adding the same shortcut to favourites and accessing it in Confluence/Estuary, it would be nice if they would report these cached lists as a bug to Team Kodi.
(2016-03-09, 02:31)BobCratchett Wrote:
(2016-03-09, 02:12)YippeeKaiay Wrote: Hi. I'm having some issues with shortcuts caching and never updating lists. I have searched the thread and tried a solution adding /?a=1 at the end and works for most addons but not others as it just brings up a script error. Does anyone know of any ither solutions or is it possible to add an option in settings to disable any caching in skin shortcuts. Thanks

Skin Shortcuts doesn't do any caching, it just asks Kodi to open a particular path. If the contents you see are a cached version it's Kodi's doing, not the scripts.

However there is a workaround, as you're already half-way to, which tricks Kodi into never using a cached version. With what you have, If the path already has a ? in it, use a & and don't add a slash. If it doesn't, use ? (and still be careful with adding slashes). However, I prefer something like:

Code:
?trickToReload=$INFO[System.Time(hh:mm:ss)]

(Obviously using ? or & correctly). You can use anything you want for 'trickToReload', and indeed for whatever comes after the =, though the idea with this method is to use something that's going to be different each time you click the shortcut. That way, Kodi will think its a path its never accessed before and so can't return a cached version even if it wants to.

Having said all of that, if anyone who is experiencing Kodi returning cached lists can reproduce it via adding the same shortcut to favourites and accessing it in Confluence/Estuary, it would be nice if they would report these cached lists as a bug to Team Kodi.
Thank you soo much! This has had me pulling my hair out for a couple days lol. Needed a bit of tweaking but works a treat Smile
Curiosity question, is it possible to have skin shortcuts skip building all of the group includes? All I really need is the main menu and templates. It still builds the submenu and groups as includes, along with the template includes. Its not a big deal, but would make debugging my templates easier if I had to sort through less unused code in the include file.
(2016-03-09, 20:19)Bumpaneer Wrote: Curiosity question, is it possible to have skin shortcuts skip building all of the group includes? All I really need is the main menu and templates. It still builds the submenu and groups as includes, along with the template includes. Its not a big deal, but would make debugging my templates easier if I had to sort through less unused code in the include file.

The includes file certainly has become an unwieldy beast. I remember those happy days when this was a simple script Wink

If it's pure curiosity then the answers no, it's not possible. If it's something you'd like then it's a nice easy change and I'd appreciate it if you could test it does what you need before its merged Smile To use, include &options=noGroups in your build line. If you are using multiple options, separate with a pipe - | - symbol.
Does exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks Bob!
(2016-02-27, 13:11)marcelveldt Wrote: 1.0.7 is on the Kodi repo now, approved yesterday.
Next release will take some weeks beta testing first because it contains some new features. The addon is used in so many setups that we can not permit having breakage at the Kodi repo.

Just like Bob said, somewhere next months a new stable version will be pushed.
Feel free however to host the beta version on your own beta repo to get some beta testers aboard.

FYI, the script has been tested by mine skin users, and I can confirm that the new features are working well. Cool
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
Thanks for the feedback. There's one fix still to land and then the plan is a beta - hopefully a nice stress free one, as I suspect any bugs that have been introduced will be part of new features (which shouldn't adversely affect existing code), which themselves won't be fully tested until skinners work out what to do with them Wink

Edit: Actually I've had one other bug report, but the user in question hasn't posted a debug log so I haven't been able to investigate it. @tomer953 - just in case it's a unicode bug (as unfortunately these things often are, as English is my native tongue) would you mind, if you have the time, testing the context menu add-on 'Skin Shortcuts - Add To Menu' (its on the repo) to see if it throws up any errors for you? Particularly if you have any add-ons with unicode in their node paths. Thanks in advance.
Yeah sure! Will test it later today.
Hi,
I just tested it, and no good news for me.
I tried to add 3 tvshows from my library to the main menu, it said that the item is successfuly added, but when back to the home window, I get errors:
http://xbmclogs.com/peizpy2s2#line-211
Many thanks for testing. As suspected it was another unicode error, and I've pushed a fix for the build error to git.

However, it's highlighted a deeper issue where, as part of the checks for icon overrides, the check whether the skin has the image can fail when there's unicode in the name. As I don't have the time to get into it properly to work out exactly why this is, right now some icons with unicode may get reset to DefaultShortcut.png. (Issue on Git)
ok, feel free to ping me when another test is needed.
Bob,

Just wanted to let you know that I finally updated Mimic's widgets to use unique IDs. Looks like it fixed the issue with occasional disappearing widgets. Wasn't always sure what I was doing, but looks like everything works. Smile

Thanks to you and the Madnox devs for giving an example to follow. I had started 4-5 other times but always gave up after getting stuck.
  • 86(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.skinshortcuts8