• 38(current)
iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)
I've tried just about everything in the troubleshooting section and still get a white/ grey screen on my iPad. After 10 attempts I'm begging for help.

IPAD2 IOS 9.3
OSX El Capitan 10.11.4
XCODE 7.3
IOS Signer 1.8 (1)
KODI IOS 16.0

Kodi appears to install with no errors however Xcode seems to hang while the iPad shows a blank grey screen. Don't know if this detail makes a difference, but I never get a proper Kodi App icon on my iPad. It shows generic icon.

Any suggestions?
(2016-03-30, 05:27)BW007 Wrote: I've tried just about everything in the troubleshooting section and still get a white/ grey screen on my iPad. After 10 attempts I'm begging for help.

IPAD2 IOS 9.3
OSX El Capitan 10.11.4
XCODE 7.3
IOS Signer 1.8 (1)
KODI IOS 16.0

Kodi appears to install with no errors however Xcode seems to hang while the iPad shows a blank grey screen. Don't know if this detail makes a difference, but I never get a proper Kodi App icon on my iPad. It shows generic icon.

Any suggestions?

That almost sounds like you installed the blank Xcode project rather than the IPA file generated with iOS App Signer

That would give you a generic icon and a white screen ain't that project is blank
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
(2016-03-30, 02:58)bmendes Wrote: Can anyone help? Is there not a way to renew the provisioning profile for another 3 months?

Also, is Stalker Client in Kodi fully compatible with MrMC? I may use that as a backup option.

If you open up Xcode after the profile expires it will offer to fix the issue like the first time

Do that, re-sign and install without removing

As far as preemptively renewing the profile I'm not sure if Xcode will let you do that...

If you delete the profile from the Xcode account settings you may be able to get a newer version that way but no guarantees
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
Sorry if this has been talked about already but here's my situation. I have Kodi on ATV4 and all is well, but I have not update the ATV4 as I know I will loose the app. I want to know if I can still update the ATV4 then side load the app again even if I don't have any of the original .ipa file?

Any help would be much appreciated
(2016-03-30, 08:02)DobyxRC Wrote: Sorry if this has been talked about already but here's my situation. I have Kodi on ATV4 and all is well, but I have not update the ATV4 as I know I will loose the app. I want to know if I can still update the ATV4 then side load the app again even if I don't have any of the original .ipa file?

Any help would be much appreciated

Yes you can update and re-install Kodi again

As long as you use the same ID to re-create the IPA file you won't even lose any data.

If you don't remember what that ID is you can connect the Apple TV to Xcode and open up the devices window, that will list the installed apps and their identifiers
Hello Dantheman I have a problem I get this error to see if you could help me thanks.

You appear to have a error with your codesigning certificate, do you want me to try and fix the problem? PRESS OK

I was unable to automatically resolve your codesigning issue ☹

If you have previously trusted your certificate using Keychain, please set the Trust setting back to the system default

and I get this thanks
Hi, I encounter a problem right before the ending process which is installing the s"ipa" file to the apple tv with Xcode. I received the following "App installation failed" notice - "A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found". I'm not sure what it means and what is the next step for me to solve this issue.
Can you please help me out? below is a screenshot of the flag I got. thanks

http://i.imgur.com/L4jwVx9.png
I too am having the same issue with App installation failed.

I previoulsy was able to get Kodi installed on my AppleTV4 but little did I know AppleTV auto updated, and now Kodi is missing. I do not have the original Xcode data. So what I did was try and re-install it, now all I get is the App installation failed "A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found"

Been struggling to get this to install for the last day and a half with no success.
(2016-03-31, 02:24)teezer_91776 Wrote: I too am having the same issue with App installation failed.

I previoulsy was able to get Kodi installed on my AppleTV4 but little did I know AppleTV auto updated, and now Kodi is missing. I do not have the original Xcode data. So what I did was try and re-install it, now all I get is the App installation failed "A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found"

Been struggling to get this to install for the last day and a half with no success.

Have you read this
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=260319

i had the same problem and it was related to no code signing certificates found which is explained how to fix in that thread. if you read back in this thread you will see a lot of posts mentioning this.
Running Krypton beta3 on ATV4 networked to Win7 PC using SMB shares.
Thanks, I have also tried that but now I am getting "No matching provisioning profile found" I see the Team and clicked on the Fix issue as well.
Giving me an error of "An App ID with identifier 'com.Tony.AppleTV' is not available. Please enter a different string. "
Enter a different identifier then. Use something unique no one else has used before.
Hello Dantheman I have a problem I get this error to see if you could help me thanks.

You appear to have a error with your codesigning certificate, do you want me to try and fix the problem? PRESS OK

If you have previously trusted your certificate using Keychain, please set the Trust setting back to the system default

and I get this thanks
How frequent does this crash for others?
Mine is frequently unstable.
Air 2, not jail broken.
(2016-03-31, 11:21)raulybea Wrote: Hello Dantheman I have a problem I get this error to see if you could help me thanks.

and I get this thanks

Go into Keychain and make sure that your certificate trust setting isn't marked as "Always"

Otherwise, follow the below post (also in this same thread...)

(2016-03-25, 00:15)DanTheMan827 Wrote:
(2016-03-24, 22:23)ineedhelpplease Wrote: code signing certificate error

Hello,
I am trying to Code Sign an App and sideload it to my Apple TV 4. The problem now is that when I use the iOS App Signer program, I always get an error saying that '"I have an error with the code-signing certificate. How can I solve this? I need immediate help.. I have been on this for more than twenty hours, but I can't get the problem solved... ;(

Well first off, do you have the newest version of iOS App Signer? (v1.8)

This version added an automatic fix for the most common certificate issue.

Did you try to manually trust your certificate in keychain?

If that's the case set it back to default (manually trusting doesn't work)

Assuming that you tried the automatic fix from iOS App Signer and that didn't work I would suggest you try completely resetting the Xcode certificates
Managed to get everything signed and installed on a 9.7 pro.

EDIT: Still messing around with xcode and whatnot. Jarvis runs great, so that is heartening. Onto the nightlies!
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)8