• 5(current)
Release Rapier 10.5.48 for Kodi 17 Krypton (DEPRECATED)
Video and Audio Options while playing Video isn't working anymore Smile
(2016-03-26, 11:28)skybird1980 Wrote: Video and Audio Options while playing Video isn't working anymore Smile

If you use the development version of Rapier they will.

Also, a new official update will be available within few days.
me like, thanks a lot.
UPDATE: Rapier 10.1.0 is available through the official Kodi repository!

This update is installed automatically.
If this is not the case, you can download it here.

The highlights are:
  • Added a Preview button to Skin Settings > General when enabling startup video / image. Use this button to preview your startup media.
  • Added support for plugin.library.node.editor. A "Edit Nodes" button has been added to the top options menu bar. Use this to edit the library nodes. If the add-on is not installed, you will be prompted to install it when clicking the button.
  • A new section has been added to the skin settings: Configure Menus. Use this section to enable/disable buttons in the shutdown menu and context menu.
  • Added support for script.user.rating. Use this add-on to rate your movies, tv shows or episodes. A "Set My Rating" button has been added to the context menu - this is done in the Skin Settings > Configure Menus.
  • Added support for script.module.t9.search. This add-on is integrated in ExtendedInfo video list window.
  • Added support for animated movie poster in the View Options for List View, List Info View, List Info 3 View, Fanart View and movie information window. This feature requires script.skin.helper.service. The posters are fetched from the database provided by rschiks. Posters are added fast at the moment.
  • Thumbnail View and tv shows Banner View has been merged into Icon View. This view is now greatly improved and offers more options and support for normal / small thumbs (posters and banners), clear logos, clear art, tv thumbs and much more. If you used Thumbnail View or Banner View before, select Icon View instead. Screenshots are added below.
  • A Search dialog has been added when the top options menu bar search button or home screen Kodi logo button is clicked. A Search submenu button has been added to the home screen General category.
  • A CPU usage progress bar and Memory usage progress bar has been added to the system information window.
  • 2 new views has been added to the pictures windows: List Info 3 and Thumbs Info Views. They offer more details and makes navigating your images much easier. Screenshots are added below.
  • A game controllers dialog has been added. Screenshot is added below.
  • Buttons using add-ons will now prompt you to install the add-on if it is missing.

FULL CHANGELOG
Code:
10.1.0 (30-March-16)
- Added Search dialog when search button or home screen Kodi logo button is clicked.
- Added Search submenu button to the home screen General category.
- Updated ADSP settings dialog.
- Merge, update and redesign of Icon View, Thumbnail View and TV Shows Banner View.
- Added new Icon View for movie sets.
- Updated language files from Transifex.
- ExtendedInfo video information window trailer button now closes the window if a trailer exists.
- Buttons using add-ons will now prompt you to install the add-on if it is missing.
- Added "Edit Nodes" button to top options menu bar when in the nodes section of libraries (will install plugin.library.node.editor).
- Added plugin.library.node.editor to Skin Settings > Supported Add-ons section.
- Added support for animated movie poster in the View Options for List View, List Info View, List Info 3 View, Fanart View and movie information window.
- Centered confirm dialog and busy dialog.
- Removed Player.ShowCodec.
- Merged 9 dialogs into DialogSettings.xml
- Updated DialogSelect.xml, DialogMasterModeFreeSurround.xml, DialogParametricEQ.xml, DialogSpeakerDistance.xml, DialogSpeakerGain.xml to reflect DialogSettings.xml
- Added DialogGameControllers.xml
- Added 2 new default icons.
- Removed script.artistslideshow from skin dependencies.
- Use Container.ShowTitle for breadcrumbs.
- script.extendedinfo changes for Krypton.
- Added support for script.module.t9.search.
- Added "Configure Menus" section to skin settings. Enable / disable shutdown menu and context menu items.
- Changed top options menubar Filter button to radiobutton.
- Added Preview button to Skin Settings > General when enabling startup video / image.
- Removed add-on star rating and rating since it doesn't work.
- Added support for script.user.rating in the context menu of movies, tv shows and episodes library.
- Font fixes.
- Removed System.GetBool(pvrmanager.enabled)
- Removed loading PVR channels in startup window.
- Fix for ExtendedInfo VideoList and YoutubeList windows.
- Added date label to Info Pane in pictures windows.
- Added List Info 3 and Thumbs Info Views to pictures windows.
- Increased size of picture information dialog.
- Added CPU usage progress bar and Memory usage progress bar to system information window.

- Merge, update and redesign of Icon View, Thumbnail View and TV Shows Banner View.
MOVIES: Icon View, clear logo style

TV SHOWS: Icon View, clear art style

TV SHOWS: Icon View, normal style (banners selected in the skin settings)

TV SHOWS: Icon View, small style (banners selected in the skin settings)

MOVIES: Icon View, Countries

Added List Info 3 and Thumbs Info Views to pictures windows.
List Info 3 View, normal style

List Info 3 View, expanded style

Thumbs Info View

- Added Search dialog when search button or home screen Kodi logo button is clicked.

- Added CPU usage progress bar and Memory usage progress bar to system information window.

- Added game controllers dialog

ENJOY!
(2016-03-31, 12:35)Gade Wrote: ENJOY!

Having problems with this 10.1.0 - after installing (rpi2) Milhouses 331 the "Live TV" is present - and everything regarding functionality seems very good!
But - my homescreen (and other screens) has problems with graphics rendered:
Blue bars are black.
Channel logos are grey.
Menu items seems dark, side items (the one not in focus) are all gone..

See attached screenshots:

Logos from TVHeadend server...

Movies has poster, but no fan art... etc..

watch gallery

I have removed (incl. rm -R the skin.rapier directories) and reinstalled... Still the same. With Estuary this problem is not appearing (but it has other issues)..
Hi there are some errors in the german translation file or not translated words/sentences. can i help you to update or add the related strings?
(2016-04-01, 13:32)skybird1980 Wrote: Hi there are some errors in the german translation file or not translated words/sentences. can i help you to update or add the related strings?

Hi skybird1980.

Oh yes, I will appreciate this very much Smile

Sign up at Transifex and go to https://www.transifex.com/teamxbmc/kodi-...in-rapier/ and join the german language team. You'll have to wait for the Kodi team to give you access to translate.

After that you can translate the whole German language file if you wish Wink

Cheers
Gade
Hi Gade,
i will asap, thanks for your answer Smile

sky
(2016-04-01, 11:20)toppot Wrote:

Having problems with this 10.1.0 - after installing (rpi2) Milhouses 331 the "Live TV" is present - and everything regarding functionality seems very good!
Blue bars are black.
Channel logos are grey.

I have removed (incl. rm -R the skin.rapier directories) and reinstalled... Still the same. With Estuary this problem is not appearing (but it has other issues)..

Hi toppot.

Great to see another Dane using the skin - and familiar translations Wink

I did some testing and experience the same issue as you, but only on Krypton and only with 10.1.0. There has previously been some texture issues with versions in the official Kodi add-on repo, but I thought they were solved now.

I will push a new update (10.1.1) to my development repo right away. Please let me know if this fixes the texture issues.
(2016-03-31, 12:35)Gade Wrote: [*]Added support for plugin.library.node.editor. A "Edit Nodes" button has been added to the top options menu bar. Use this to edit the library nodes. If the add-on is not installed, you will be prompted to install it when clicking the button.

I hope you don't mind some pure professional curiosity (I created the original video node editor, and I contribute to the library node editor - its direct descendant) when I get chance, which won't be until next week, I'll give your skin a try and see for myself but I am genuinely curious...

When are you showing the edit nodes buttons? Just when browsing the library? And, if not, how are you dealing with the fact that these links can change completely (and so, the links you might expect to be available, and to show the links for, aren't necessarily part of the users setup?) I'm curious to hear how what is, as far as I'm aware, the first skin to integrate the node editor in this way, deals with links that may or may not be available. It's an issue Skin Shortcuts - another script I once created and now contribute to - and skins utilising it, have been trying to deal with for a long time Smile

As I say its pure curiosity, and though I normally limit myself to skins utilising the Skin Shortcuts script (for obvious reasons), I've heard enough positive about Rapier that I will give it a try either way when I have a little spare time Smile
(2016-04-02, 01:05)BobCratchett Wrote:
(2016-03-31, 12:35)Gade Wrote: [*]Added support for plugin.library.node.editor. A "Edit Nodes" button has been added to the top options menu bar. Use this to edit the library nodes. If the add-on is not installed, you will be prompted to install it when clicking the button.

I hope you don't mind some pure professional curiosity (I created the original video node editor, and I contribute to the library node editor - its direct descendant) when I get chance, which won't be until next week, I'll give your skin a try and see for myself but I am genuinely curious...

When are you showing the edit nodes buttons? Just when browsing the library? And, if not, how are you dealing with the fact that these links can change completely (and so, the links you might expect to be available, and to show the links for, aren't necessarily part of the users setup?) I'm curious to hear how what is, as far as I'm aware, the first skin to integrate the node editor in this way, deals with links that may or may not be available. It's an issue Skin Shortcuts - another script I once created and now contribute to - and skins utilising it, have been trying to deal with for a long time Smile

As I say its pure curiosity, and though I normally limit myself to skins utilising the Skin Shortcuts script (for obvious reasons), I've heard enough positive about Rapier that I will give it a try either way when I have a little spare time Smile

Not at all. Smile

Actually, Estuary integrated plugin.library.node.editor this way and I really liked it. So I copied and modified it to fit Rapier.

The button is shown like this:
Code:
Container.Content() + String.IsEmpty(Container.PluginName)
...when the container has no content and no add-on.

Do you think it should be dealt with differently?

I'm very curious about your experience with Rapier. Please let me know any skin related thoughts or questions.

Cheers
Gade
(2016-04-02, 01:20)Gade Wrote:
(2016-04-02, 01:05)BobCratchett Wrote:

Not at all. Smile

Actually, Estuary integrated the add-on this way and I really liked it. So I copied it to Rapier.

The button is shown like this:
Code:
Container.Content() + String.IsEmpty(Container.PluginName)
...when the container has no content and no add-on.

Do you think it should be dealt with differently?

I'm very curious about your experience with Rapier. Please let me know any skin related thoughts or questions.

Cheers
Gade

I honestly wasn't aware of the Estuary integration - indeed, my recent posts in the Estuary Feature Requests might be even more interesting with that in mind, where I'm requesting a generic list view for the script Smile I really haven't considered any kind of skin integration - certainly, with the way the script is currently written, displaying it when there is no content set (at you do) makes sense. However I'd encourage you to read and comment on the feature request - currently Phil is suggesting the script should set the content to 'Files' and I'm trying my best to make the argument that Estuary should have an appropriate view without incorrectly setting the content Smile

Long story short, it's great to see the script being integrated and I like the way it is being integrated, but check your integration after Krypton reaches beta in case it has to change for Estuary Wink

When I have time to play with Rapier (I could do it now, but to actually have the time to do it properly is a different matter without undoubtedly doing it an injustice) I will, of course, offer any and all feedback I have Smile

Edit: Of course, it's a Friday (the only time I ever have alcohol availably to me), so you can ignore my initial comments. Of course, changing what content the script presents as wouldn't change when it's available when browsing the library, it just means it wouldn't be available if you were already using the script. Now I think about it properly, it sounds like an excellent solution,
(2016-04-02, 00:43)Gade Wrote:
(2016-04-01, 11:20)toppot Wrote:

Blue bars are black.
Channel logos are grey.

Hi toppot.

Great to see another Dane using the skin - and familiar translations Wink

I did some testing and experience the same issue as you, but only on Krypton and only with 10.1.0. There has previously been some texture issues with versions in the official Kodi add-on repo, but I thought they were solved now.

I will push a new update (10.1.1) to my development repo right away. Please let me know if this fixes the texture issues.

All perfect with 10.1.1 - thanks..
And yes - I suddenly realized that I probably wouldn't be of much help with regards to the Danish translations Rofl
(2016-04-02, 08:04)toppot Wrote: All perfect with 10.1.1 - thanks..
And yes - I suddenly realized that I probably wouldn't be of much help with regards to the Danish translations Rofl

Great to know. Thanks.

Let me know if you disagree with some of the translations. Many words and phrases are not that easy to translate into danish Wink
(2016-04-02, 01:31)BobCratchett Wrote: I honestly wasn't aware of the Estuary integration - indeed, my recent posts in the Estuary Feature Requests might be even more interesting with that in mind, where I'm requesting a generic list view for the script Smile I really haven't considered any kind of skin integration - certainly, with the way the script is currently written, displaying it when there is no content set (at you do) makes sense. However I'd encourage you to read and comment on the feature request - currently Phil is suggesting the script should set the content to 'Files' and I'm trying my best to make the argument that Estuary should have an appropriate view without incorrectly setting the content Smile

Long story short, it's great to see the script being integrated and I like the way it is being integrated, but check your integration after Krypton reaches beta in case it has to change for Estuary Wink

When I have time to play with Rapier (I could do it now, but to actually have the time to do it properly is a different matter without undoubtedly doing it an injustice) I will, of course, offer any and all feedback I have Smile

Edit: Of course, it's a Friday (the only time I ever have alcohol availably to me), so you can ignore my initial comments. Of course, changing what content the script presents as wouldn't change when it's available when browsing the library, it just means it wouldn't be available if you were already using the script. Now I think about it properly, it sounds like an excellent solution,

I agree that it probably seems the best way to integrate the add-on into the menus.

As I wrote in the plugin.library.node.editor thread, it's a very interesting discussion whether to link main menu categories in skins to db paths or directly to the xml nodes. It's definately something that needs adressing very soon.

I'll keep on updating skin support for the add-on as it develops. I have included it both for Isengard, Jarvis and Krypton.

I'm looking forward to hear your thoughs on the skin. Having people look at it from the outside is really what helps develop the skin Smile
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rapier 10.5.48 for Kodi 17 Krypton (DEPRECATED)2