• 81(current)
Linux OpenELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17)
This issue has absolutely nothing to do with kodi. It's a kernel / driver fault ... which needs fixing. There is an open bugreport on freedesktop.org - sadly with not much activity. If the screen goes blank, turn off the TV and turn it back on which should bring it back.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-04-07, 09:33)fritsch Wrote: This issue has absolutely nothing to do with kodi. It's a kernel / driver fault ... which needs fixing. There is an open bugreport on freedesktop.org - sadly with not much activity. If the screen goes blank, turn off the TV and turn it back on which should bring it back.

Fritsch,

Thank you for the feedback! I'm glad it's a known bug. Just an FYI, I don't need to turn the TV back on or anything. The screen just blacks out for 1/2 of second and then comes back. More annoying than anything but I don't need to touch any piece of hardware to get the image back.

Also is there any logs or reports I can pull to help the process? or am I in a waiting game at this point?

Thanks again!
ESXi 5.5 | VMs : [unRAID] [PLEX] [SAB] [CP] [Sonarr] [uTorrent] [MySQL] [Apache] [Mythbuntu]
Nope. The issue with 1/2 second blanking is something "special" and needs separately filing on bugs.freedesktop.org you need to boot with drm.debug=0xe and capture dmesg | pastebinit after the issue has happened several times.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-04-07, 19:24)fritsch Wrote: Nope. The issue with 1/2 second blanking is something "special" and needs separately filing on bugs.freedesktop.org you need to boot with drm.debug=0xe and capture dmesg | pastebinit after the issue has happened several times.

ok might be a touch over my head but I'll google all that and try to get this posted. Can't imagine I'm the only one in the world with this issue Big Grin So I want to do what I can to help.
ESXi 5.5 | VMs : [unRAID] [PLEX] [SAB] [CP] [Sonarr] [uTorrent] [MySQL] [Apache] [Mythbuntu]
(2016-04-08, 04:10)SmallwoodDR82 Wrote:
(2016-04-07, 19:24)fritsch Wrote: Nope. The issue with 1/2 second blanking is something "special" and needs separately filing on bugs.freedesktop.org you need to boot with drm.debug=0xe and capture dmesg | pastebinit after the issue has happened several times.

ok might be a touch over my head but I'll google all that and try to get this posted. Can't imagine I'm the only one in the world with this issue Big Grin So I want to do what I can to help.

You're not, I have it too. It's just so rare it doesn't bother me, and if I do notice it doing it, turning the TV off momentarily and then back on stops it for the rest of the evening. Samsung UE22H5000 TV, direct HDMI connection from Pi3.
alright. Hopefully I did it correctly.

Bug #94867

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=94867

Thanks!
(2016-04-08, 06:07)SmallwoodDR82 Wrote: alright. Hopefully I did it correctly.

Bug #94867

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=94867

Thanks!

Thanks. The drm folks don't know what a Milhouse build is, though :-) But you added the log, that's good. If you want you can add journalctl -a | pastebinit and /var/log/Xorg.0.log to the bugreport.
haha figured I would give them as much info as I could.

I've since added those 2 logs to the report also.

Thanks for your help on this!
I am having some issues with my IR receiver for my remote no longer working. I've used both Milhouse and also Fritsch builds with success in the past. However I failed to update since the beginning of February. After updating to either Milhouse or Fritsch's latest builds my remote is no longer being received.

I'm just using the IR receiver on my Hauppauge tuner card (HVR-1600 IIRC). I believe this requires the kernel module drivers. Specifically, /sys/module/rc_hauppauge, which is missing after the update to the kernel.

I've tried cloning the OpenELEC repository and building from source, however my computer consistently hangs when building libcec. Looking specifically at the kernel, make menuconfig -> the IR Remote control receiver/transmitter drivers is currently selected (staging drivers -> media staging drivers). Compiling the kernel I see the modules being compiled.

Since I can see the modules being compiled, I'm not sure where to look at then. This is sounding like possibly a packaging issue.

Edit: I should add that ssh into the box, when running 'ir-keytable' it errors out with '/sys/class/rc/: No such file or directory'

I can post this over on the openelec forum if you think that would be better?
Found the problem! Not sure why in menuconfig I couldn't find this, but in xconfig I did.

Code:
CONFIG_LIRC_ZILOG=m

The description for that is Hauppauge IR, and it was unchecked.
(2016-04-09, 04:46)smf007 Wrote: Found the problem! Not sure why in menuconfig I couldn't find this, but in xconfig I did.

Code:
CONFIG_LIRC_ZILOG=m

I'll add it in the next build (Sunday), if it has the desired effect then I'll see about getting it added upstream.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-04-09, 13:28)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-04-09, 04:46)smf007 Wrote: Found the problem! Not sure why in menuconfig I couldn't find this, but in xconfig I did.

Code:
CONFIG_LIRC_ZILOG=m

I'll add it in the next build (Sunday), if it has the desired effect then I'll see about getting it added upstream.
Thanks Smile
@smf007 - try this test build, it includes CONFIG_LIRC_ZILOG=m:

http://milhouse.openelec.tv/builds/testi...026734.tar

If it works I'll include it in the normal build later this evening.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-04-10, 03:49)Milhouse Wrote: @smf007 - try this test build, it includes CONFIG_LIRC_ZILOG=m:

http://milhouse.openelec.tv/builds/testi...026734.tar

If it works I'll include it in the normal build later this evening.
Getting a bit closer, but sadly no. I'm not seeing the rc_hauppauge module, but it's dependency of rc_core now shows up. I'll dig into this more. Thanks.
With the latest build tvheadend didn't load properly. Deactivate and activating the add-on while kodi is running and pvr start normally.
  • 81(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for x86 (Kodi 17)4