• 12(current)
Android HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)
(2016-04-18, 14:35)hdmkv Wrote: You'll need to look at the TV's manual to see which of the HDMI ports supports HDMI 2.0 (should be marked as "4K@60p/50p") to get the best 4K PQ, as well as 3D.

Re:Samsung ...

I have HDMI 4 for my Samsung connected to my Yamaha AV receiver and all my HDMI sources connected into back of Yamaha
(2016-04-19, 00:19)movie78 Wrote: Look what showed up for the party.

*thumbs up* Big Grin
Now that I don't have to look for Intel NUCs or mini pcs, I may also have to get one Q10 Pro Smile. I was waiting for the Q5 Pro. Personally, I don't like the size of Q10. It reminds of the Popcorn Hours.
@UHD TV, the Sammy is a great TV. Enjoy your Q10 Pro and post your impressions!

@wesk05, yep, Q10 Pro is large, likely to accommodate a full 3.5" HDD. HiMedia is supposed to have a re-designed casing for Q5 Pro. Previous one got too hot, as ventilation was poor. Re: Intel, hope @afedchin returns to support MVC as PQ is marginally better than Q10 Pro's... though latter is no slouch!
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-04-19, 00:31)hdmkv Wrote: @UHD TV, the Sammy is a great TV. Enjoy your Q10 Pro and post your impressions!

Thx , I contacted Simon earlier today (before the 3pm deadline) and he is shipping it out next day delivery before 1pm , so shall have a nice play when I get home tomorrow after work. I got some nice material to test out on it and some new Monitor Audio speakers to keep it company , although I am sadly still waiting for the Kef R50's to arrive but I think they have no stock untill May Sad
(2016-04-19, 00:31)hdmkv Wrote: @wesk05, yep, Q10 Pro is large, likely to accommodate a full 3.5" HDD. HiMedia is supposed to have a re-designed casing for Q5 Pro. Previous one got too hot, as ventilation was poor. Re: Intel, hope @afedchin returns to support MVC as PQ is marginally better than Q10 Pro's... though latter is no slouch!
It looks like we will have more information about the Q5 Pro by the end of next month?
Sometime in May, we don't know.

Also, as Koying now has a Q10 Pro, so we may see something cool come out of his involvement.
My HT
Got a review sample? You sneaky devil! Wink

Let me check with my fellow beta-testers if we can open up the Google spreadsheets issue-tracker we've been maintaining for HiMedia engineers.
My HT
(2016-04-19, 00:52)hdmkv Wrote:
Got a review sample? You sneaky devil! Wink

Let me check with my fellow beta-testers if we can open up the Google spreadsheets issue-tracker we've been maintaining for HiMedia engineers.

Laugh

Yes add me to the beta-testers Google spreadsheet issue tracker.

I am about to test VKodi to see if it can run on Q10 Pro with Full BD Support.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
I've asked @looun, who started the Google spreadsheet for us beta-testers, if we can make it public.

Ya know, we should organize a home theater meet sometime, at least those of us in the U.S. Anyone elsewhere invited of course. Would be great to meet fellow a/v enthusiasts, watch demos on various h/w, talk, and of course drink and eat Smile. I'm happy to host, just north of Atlanta.
My HT
(2016-04-19, 01:29)hdmkv Wrote: I've asked @looun, who started the Google spreadsheet for us beta-testers, if we can make it public.

Ya know, we should organize a home theater meet sometime, at least those of us in the U.S. Anyone elsewhere invited of course. Would be great to meet fellow a/v enthusiasts, watch demos on various h/w, talk, and of course drink and eat Smile. I'm happy to host, just north of Atlanta.
That is a great idea,Atlanta Fry's/Microcenter, Yes iam in.
Do you know this app called Meetup?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
You just wanna shop h/w deals don't you?! Wink

I'm happy to host in my home, just 15 mins north-west of the Duluth Fry's store. Have not heard of Meetup... let me look into it.
My HT
(2016-04-19, 00:17)hdmkv Wrote: Yes, I've posted most here.

Sweet you're my new best friend Nod
Encouraging words from HiMedia... just thought I'd pass it on...
Quote:Thank you for your feedback,

please check all problem in the spreadsheet ,use latest production sample

we will resolved it,one by one
My HT

You too ? lol

Mine is on its way too
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)8