• 112(current)
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
(2016-04-17, 19:24)houdini Wrote: Hi spoyser,

This is my first post on this thread and I wanted to begin by complimenting you on an amazing addon!

My suggestion pertains to the iRecommend feature, which (once I discovered and explored it) I must start by saying led me pretty much most of the way towards the functionality I was originally looking for (and going to suggest) and I therefore didn't expect to need to post anything here!

I say "towards what I was looking for" because I don't think I'm using this feature the way you intended.

Most/many video streaming addons don't provide a rating for the currently selected movie. What I figured out is that if I bring up the context menu for the movie in question, invoke Super Favourites, select iRecommend, cursor down to the first search result (which will typically be the one that matches the movie in question) and press the "I" key (to bring up more information for that result) then I get the rating I'm looking for!

The problem is, if I then add this movie to my "super favourites" (because it both sounded interesting AND had a good enough rating), later, when it comes time to choose a favourited movie to watch, I noticed it will no longer be possible to once again invoke iRecommend for these favourited movies!

So my question/suggestion is: would you for this reason perhaps be willing to add iRecommend to the context menu for super favourites?

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Glad you like the addon Smile

I'll think about it, that menu is quite full already Smile

It the meantime have you thought about using the iRemember feature (available from the context menu whilst in iSearch / iRecommend) rather than adding them to SF
(2016-04-17, 19:09)spoyser Wrote: I've just come cross this

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2308260

So I'll be making use of this for Krypton, but obviously pre-krypton will still benefit from the custom xml file Smile
Sounds great!
(2016-04-17, 18:52)spoyser Wrote:
(2016-04-17, 18:36)Dweezilkid Wrote: Hi Spoyser... I just installed SF a couple days ago, and it's life-changingly awesome! Seriously, I can't believe I've been using XBMC / Kodi for so long without this functionality!

The only issue I'm having is that I wish I could sort my new super folders by year. I searched through previous posts and read something about metadata not transferring to SF. Is there any kind of workaround to enable sorting by year? Thanks in advance!

I'll have a think about how it might be possible to save the metadata

One additional thing I've noticed -- the "watched" status for items in a super folder appears to be independent of their watched status in the main library. Is this intentional? Is there any way to tell a super folder to inherit the watched status from the main library?
(2016-04-17, 18:34)spoyser Wrote: Nice one, can you change the filename to script-super-favourites-contextmenu.xml as I'll be changing the file choosing logic in the next release.
Will do, thanks for all your great work on this addon!
(2016-04-17, 19:37)spoyser Wrote:

This is my first post on this thread and I wanted to begin by complimenting you on an amazing addon!

My suggestion pertains to the iRecommend feature, which (once I discovered and explored it) I must start by saying led me pretty much most of the way towards the functionality I was originally looking for (and going to suggest) and I therefore didn't expect to need to post anything here!

I say "towards what I was looking for" because I don't think I'm using this feature the way you intended.

Most/many video streaming addons don't provide a rating for the currently selected movie. What I figured out is that if I bring up the context menu for the movie in question, invoke Super Favourites, select iRecommend, cursor down to the first search result (which will typically be the one that matches the movie in question) and press the "I" key (to bring up more information for that result) then I get the rating I'm looking for!

The problem is, if I then add this movie to my "super favourites" (because it both sounded interesting AND had a good enough rating), later, when it comes time to choose a favourited movie to watch, I noticed it will no longer be possible to once again invoke iRecommend for these favourited movies!

So my question/suggestion is: would you for this reason perhaps be willing to add iRecommend to the context menu for super favourites?

It the meantime have you thought about using the iRemember feature (available from the context menu whilst in iSearch / iRecommend) rather than adding them to SF

Sorry but when I said most/many video streaming addons don't provide a rating, I meant addons for most "above board" video streaming websites, such as Popcornflix, Snagfilms, Viewster, etc. (Which is not to say I don't use the other addons, but if one can find something interesting from an "above board" site (particularly when one is amongst people for whom that's important), why not?)

So using iRemember instead would be insufficient since such addons don't tend to support search. I'd have to both iRemember AND Super Favourite their movies in order be able to take their ratings into account when choosing which to watch.

Besides, it would be worth adding iRecommend to the context menu for SF's even for the useful purpose you intended it for (to see similar movies), not just for how I'm using it (to get the rating for the selected SF/movie)!
@braz

(2016-04-18, 01:28)braz Wrote:
(2016-04-17, 18:34)spoyser Wrote: Nice one, can you change the filename to script-super-favourites-contextmenu.xml as I'll be changing the file choosing logic in the next release.
Will do, thanks for all your great work on this addon!

Cheers.

Looks like they've actually deprecated the replaceItems on the context menu

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/f6ea...443c5486d4
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/9595#i...-212343427

Which in my opinion is a ridiculous thing to do (but what to I know)

Also the xbmcgui.Dialog().contextmeu stuff is also a bit buggy so I probably going to leave SF as is for now, so if you can add the xml to your skin that would be great.

I have now added the ability to add the Add To SF item to the standard menu, can you give it a try, it is available here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1155...BMC/sf.zip

(although it only works in Jarvis as there seems to be a bug in Krypton allowing only one item to be added to the menu)

Edit, think I've fixed the Krypton issue, although you will need to use the Kodi Install from zip function rather than just copying the files (due to another bug in Kryptona I think)
I have some little trouble......................... on log of my osmc i can see this when lauch SuperFavourites:

Code:
21:37:12 4351.373047 T:1956307888   ERROR: Control 50 in window 10025 has been asked to focus, but it can't
21:37:18 4357.333984 T:1956307888   ERROR: container.update called with invalid number of parameters (should be: 1, is 0)
21:39:53 4511.847168 T:1531966448  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.1.20.6) on Jarvis (16.1) with Python 2.7.9
21:39:57 4516.210938 T:1956307888   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?cmd=ActivateWindow(10025%2c%22plugin%3a%2f%2fplugin.video.youtube%2fuser%2fJamesNintendoNerd%2f%22%2creturn)&image=https%3a%2f%2fyt3.ggpht.com%2f-1R7HFhVqgUE%2fAAAAAAAAAAI%2fAAAAAAAAAAA%2fInI3d_ZtFOo%2fs240-c-k-no-mo%2fphoto.jpg&label=Cinemassacre&mode=650
21:39:57 4516.213379 T:1956307888   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?cmd=ActivateWindow(10025%2c%22plugin%3a%2f%2fplugin.video.youtube%2fuser%2fJamesNintendoNerd%2f%22%2creturn)&image=https%3a%2f%2fyt3.ggpht.com%2f-1R7HFhVqgUE%2fAAAAAAAAAAI%2fAAAAAAAAAAA%2fInI3d_ZtFOo%2fs240-c-k-no-mo%2fphoto.jpg&label=Cinemassacre&mode=650) failed
21:40:04 4522.975586 T:1956307888   ERROR: container.update called with invalid number of parameters (should be: 1, is 0)

I have tryed to open a link from favourites.xml (kodi favourites) and the files contain this:
Code:
<favourite name="Cinemassacre" thumb="https://yt3.ggpht.com/-1R7HFhVqgUE/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAAAA/InI3d_ZtFOo/s240-c-k-no-mo/photo.jpg">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;plugin://plugin.video.youtube/user/JamesNintendoNerd/&quot;,return)</favourite>

It's releted to a little bug ??
...only on your "little world" can you lay down the law...
(2016-04-19, 21:55)DjDiabolik Wrote: I have some little trouble......................... on log of my osmc i can see this when lauch SuperFavourites:

Code:
21:37:12 4351.373047 T:1956307888   ERROR: Control 50 in window 10025 has been asked to focus, but it can't
21:37:18 4357.333984 T:1956307888   ERROR: container.update called with invalid number of parameters (should be: 1, is 0)
21:39:53 4511.847168 T:1531966448  NOTICE: [plugin.video.youtube] Running: YouTube (5.1.20.6) on Jarvis (16.1) with Python 2.7.9
21:39:57 4516.210938 T:1956307888   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?cmd=ActivateWindow(10025%2c%22plugin%3a%2f%2fplugin.video.youtube%2fuser%2fJamesNintendoNerd%2f%22%2creturn)&image=https%3a%2f%2fyt3.ggpht.com%2f-1R7HFhVqgUE%2fAAAAAAAAAAI%2fAAAAAAAAAAA%2fInI3d_ZtFOo%2fs240-c-k-no-mo%2fphoto.jpg&label=Cinemassacre&mode=650
21:39:57 4516.213379 T:1956307888   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/?cmd=ActivateWindow(10025%2c%22plugin%3a%2f%2fplugin.video.youtube%2fuser%2fJamesNintendoNerd%2f%22%2creturn)&image=https%3a%2f%2fyt3.ggpht.com%2f-1R7HFhVqgUE%2fAAAAAAAAAAI%2fAAAAAAAAAAA%2fInI3d_ZtFOo%2fs240-c-k-no-mo%2fphoto.jpg&label=Cinemassacre&mode=650) failed
21:40:04 4522.975586 T:1956307888   ERROR: container.update called with invalid number of parameters (should be: 1, is 0)

I have tryed to open a link from favourites.xml (kodi favourites) and the files contain this:
Code:
<favourite name="Cinemassacre" thumb="https://yt3.ggpht.com/-1R7HFhVqgUE/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAAAA/InI3d_ZtFOo/s240-c-k-no-mo/photo.jpg">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;plugin://plugin.video.youtube/user/JamesNintendoNerd/&quot;,return)</favourite>

It's releted to a little bug ??

That was a bug in Kodi but it was fixed months ago in the mainline.

I'll see if I can find the trac reference then you can let my friend Sam know Smile

Edit
Trac- http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16377
(2016-04-18, 10:56)houdini Wrote:
(2016-04-17, 19:37)spoyser Wrote:

Sorry but when I said most/many video streaming addons don't provide a rating, I meant addons for most "above board" video streaming websites, such as Popcornflix, Snagfilms, Viewster, etc. (Which is not to say I don't use the other addons, but if one can find something interesting from an "above board" site (particularly when one is amongst people for whom that's important), why not?)

So using iRemember instead would be insufficient since such addons don't tend to support search. I'd have to both iRemember AND Super Favourite their movies in order be able to take their ratings into account when choosing which to watch.

Besides, it would be worth adding iRecommend to the context menu for SF's even for the useful purpose you intended it for (to see similar movies), not just for how I'm using it (to get the rating for the selected SF/movie)!

Okay I see what you mean.

Leave it with me, I'll see what I can do, will probably make it an optional setting.
Hey Spoyser,

It seems to me that the benefits of which context menu appears first - i.e. your vs. the standard - vary depending on the context. The fact that there are cases where you cannot add a menu item to invoke your context menu to the bottom of the standard context menu, such as for movies/shows listed by Exodus/SALTS, and that you added a white list for people who choose to make your context menu first (or as you call it global) only proves this point. I had thought of proposing you rename the "white list" (of exceptions) to the more appropriate sounding "black list" and offer the choice of having either such a black list (of sole exceptions) or a white list of sole inclusions, but considering how complicated it already is, and more complicated this would make things, might it not be easier, assuming it's possible, to simply offer an alternative hot key for invoking your super favourites context menu, instead letting the 'C' key simply invoke the standard unmodified (by you) context menu?! That way, users have the choice of bringing up whichever context menu they want, depending on the context, without the inefficiencies of ever having to navigate through one context menu in order to get to the next?! You could offer the same sorts of choices for this key that you already offer for your "Quickstart hotkey" (i.e. programmable or a few safe predefined choices - perhaps something nearby the 'C' key, such as the "F" key - for "Favourites"!)

Doesn't this sound much more efficient?

I guess the downside from a usability perspective is that it would then preclude access to your context menu via the mouse - a significant consideration. So just an option then? Doesn't exactly eliminate the complications I mentioned then, does it? Bummer...

Let me know what you think...
(2016-04-20, 00:31)houdini Wrote: Hey Spoyser,

It seems to me that the benefits of which context menu appears first - i.e. your vs. the standard - vary depending on the context. The fact that there are cases where you cannot add a menu item to invoke your context menu to the bottom of the standard context menu, such as for movies/shows listed by Exodus/SALTS, and that you added a white list for people who choose to make your context menu first (or as you call it global) only proves this point. I had thought of proposing you rename the "white list" (of exceptions) to the more appropriate sounding "black list" and offer the choice of having either such a black list (of sole exceptions) or a white list of sole inclusions, but considering how complicated it already is, and more complicated this would make things, might it not be easier, assuming it's possible, to simply offer an alternative hot key for invoking your super favourites context menu, instead letting the 'C' key simply invoke the standard unmodified (by you) context menu?! That way, users have the choice of bringing up whichever context menu they want, depending on the context, without the inefficiencies of ever having to navigate through one context menu in order to get to the next?! You could offer the same sorts of choices for this key that you already offer for your "Quickstart hotkey" (i.e. programmable or a few safe predefined choices - perhaps something nearby the 'C' key, such as the "F" key - for "Favourites"!)

I think that assigning a key that way is difficult for people using some kind of remote where you are always short of keys. Just my 2 cents. It might be possible to have optional settings.
LibreELEC v8.2.1 + Rpi 3
Android s912 (kodi v17.6)
(2016-04-17, 18:46)ed_davidson Wrote: Hi Sean, are these recent posts anything to do with adding a "Download using Super Favourites" to the kodi context menu? If so I would be more than willing to try it.

Sent from my iPhone

Now added the ability to add the Download via SF item to the standard menu, can you give it a try, it is available here:

One thing I don't like (which I would say is down to an ommision in the Kodi context menu addon functioanlity) is that you have to be somewhere in Kodi where the standard menu would normally appear (unlike the SF menu which can appear anywhere)

To get it to work in Krypton you will need to use the Kodi Install from zip function rather than just copying the files (due to another bug in Krypton I think)
(2016-04-20, 00:31)houdini Wrote: Hey Spoyser,

I guess the downside from a usability perspective is that it would then preclude access to your context menu via the mouse - a significant consideration. So just an option then? Doesn't exactly eliminate the complications I mentioned then, does it? Bummer...

I'll have a think, but just in case you didn't realize (which it sounds like you didn't) if the SF menu is showing, you can simply hit the menu button again to switch to the standard menu, ,so no inefficient navigating Big Grin
(2016-04-20, 11:13)spoyser Wrote:
(2016-04-17, 18:46)ed_davidson Wrote: Hi Sean, are these recent posts anything to do with adding a "Download using Super Favourites" to the kodi context menu? If so I would be more than willing to try it.

Sent from my iPhone

Now added the ability to add the Download via SF item to the standard menu, can you give it a try, it is available here:

One thing I don't like (which I would say is down to an ommision in the Kodi context menu addon functioanlity) is that you have to be somewhere in Kodi where the standard menu would normally appear (unlike the SF menu which can appear anywhere)

To get it to work in Krypton you will need to use the Kodi Install from zip function rather than just copying the files (due to another bug in Krypton I think)

I have tried it and I can't get it to work at all. Here's what I have:
Enable global SF menu - disabled
Show SF in standard context - enabled
Menu items:
Add to SF -enabled
Show SF on standard context - enabled
Standard context - enabled
Download - enabled
Show menu on standard context - enabled

Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: I tried enabling global SF menu as well it now works. Time to ha e a play with it.
Is there any chance of getting it to work, without the global menu enabled?
(2016-04-20, 16:16)ed_davidson Wrote:
(2016-04-20, 11:13)spoyser Wrote:

Sent from my iPhone

I have tried it and I can't get it to work at all. Here's what I have:
Enable global SF menu - disabled
Show SF in standard context - enabled
Menu items:
Add to SF -enabled
Show SF on standard context - enabled
Standard context - enabled
Download - enabled
Show menu on standard context - enabled

Am I doing something wrong?

Sounds right, what version if Kodi?

What addon is streaming?

Can you describe what does happen - do you get any menu?
  • 112(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator6