• 249(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
(2016-04-29, 11:27)fritsch Wrote: You need to provide what this howto wants, which is described in the second post. Without logs no help is possible. Those are mandatory to save developer time.
I started over again today, i followed your guide again and now it runs without any problems. I really don't know what's different compared to yesterdays installation. Sorry to bother you! Smile
I don't have the access to the system now. But I will provide the Log files and the Sample IPTV feed later. Just a quick question is it possible to Select Different De-interlacing Filter for Full HD and SD content ?
I will try the typical content. Thank you.

For testing Blend I had disabled HW Decoding.
Having installed this on a couple of machines now, I was curious as to how it would work on an Atom X3 box, so gave it a try just to see,

Everything went swimmingly and works perfectly except for one thing, no audio.

When I move the mouse pointer over the Audio output section in settings/system, the mouse locks up for a few seconds and all on it's own jumps down to highlight internet access.

So for some reason, I'm being restricted to the audio section to change anything.

I appreciate that this box doesn't really meet the SOC specs and so would understand perfectly if you didn't even want to have a look at this as it is just a test to see but here is my debug file in case you do.

I did note that when using Windows the 2 things listed in device manager for audio were Intel SST Audio device (WDM) and Realtek I2S Codec.

Thanks for all the efforts as it is a great alternative to other options.

http://xbmclogs.com/pcbw4difl
Audio needs patching the kernel, there is no driver support for those socs in whole linux land as of now: https://github.com/plbossart/sound/commi...-hdmi-v4.5
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
@billfreeman: Try http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/kernel/by...owhatever/ download both files and install them with sudo dpkg -i
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-04-30, 09:19)fritsch Wrote: @billfreeman: Try http://fritsch.fruehberger.net/kernel/by...owhatever/ download both files and install them with sudo dpkg -i

It worked!

You sir are a genius and we are not worthy Big Grin
Tried the installation on a Tronsmart ARA X5 this morning and can confirm that audio works with those 2 packages.

Been testing for an hour or so and everything works very well indeed.

My cap is well and truly doffed.
Hi!

Just took another testing of the v17 branch, now with xenial final version.
Everything seems to work normally.
But I have to ask another question to clear things up:

I've got a TV which is switch to Full-Range (Black Level = High / Schwarzwert = Hoch)
Installed the 4.5.2 special kernel and inserted the extra xrandr line into openbox autostart.
What settings should I now set in Kodi ? Limited off ? dithering off ?
Read some posts in this thread, but I don't understand the right settings completely.

Thanks for all hints..
(2016-04-30, 21:37)Markus_23 Wrote: Hi!

Just took another testing of the v17 branch, now with xenial final version.
Everything seems to work normally.
But I have to ask another question to clear things up:

I've got a TV which is switch to Full-Range (Black Level = High / Schwarzwert = Hoch)
Installed the 4.5.2 special kernel and inserted the extra xrandr line into openbox autostart.
What settings should I now set in Kodi ? Limited off ? dithering off ?
Read some posts in this thread, but I don't understand the right settings completely.

Thanks for all hints..

best option: force tv to limited range, limited range enabled in kodi, dithering on or off (shouldn't make a difference if source material is correctly mastered)

second best but still very good option: tv full range, limited range disabled kodi, dithering on / 8bits

all other combinations are wrong if you like good picture quality Smile
Don't forget the proper xrandr setting. Without that everything is nuts...
Just registered and first post here, just wanted to say thanks for the how-to.

Installed perfectly and everything running great on an Intel NUC NUC5PPYH (N3700) just had to change the default audio device to HDMI.

Initially had the whole cstate/crashing issue but this seems to have resolved after playing with some BIOS settings.
Hi fritsch

is your limited pass-through patch available somewhere? I am not running Ubuntu and would like to test this with my custom kernel on Arch.

Thank in advance,

riker77
(2016-05-01, 08:44)riker77 Wrote: Hi fritsch

is your limited pass-through patch available somewhere? I am not running Ubuntu and would like to test this with my custom kernel on Arch.

Thank in advance,

riker77
See my 4.5 master branch on github Linux fork.
Hi,

for some reason Ubuntu / ALSA doesn't detect the available samplerates of my soundcard, it's limited to 48kHz.
I had this problem with 15.10 so yesterday I did a fresh install with 16.04 but the problem still persists. Does anyone have an idea what could cause this?

dpkg
vainfo
kodi.log
dmesg
*WANTED* Someone to go back in time with me. This is not a joke. P.O. Box 91 Ocean View, WA 99393. You'll get paid after we get back. Must bring your own weapons. Safety not guaranteed. I have only done this once before.
(2016-05-01, 15:39)rouladenkoenig Wrote: Hi,

for some reason Ubuntu / ALSA doesn't detect the available samplerates of my soundcard, it's limited to 48kHz.
I had this problem with 15.10 so yesterday I did a fresh install with 16.04 but the problem still persists. Does anyone have an idea what could cause this?

dpkg
vainfo
kodi.log
dmesg
Try kernel 4.6-rc it should be able to detect extended edids. Alternative: modify the eld tables or use edid overwrite.
  • 249(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18