• 167(current)
Release NBC Sports Live Extra
I'm using kodi 16.1 and nbc sports live extra plugin 2016.4.19 with my valid comcast login but I can only play free videos. The "blue" streams wont play. I noticed this issue two days ago (5-19), it was working fine last weekend (5-14)
Have you tried using version 2016.2.3.2? thats the one i'm using and it works fine.
Anyone else getting constantly kicked out of the live Golf Channel feed?
"Watch Golf Channel LIVE" has not worked for a couple of months. You can only access the specific GC events listed below in blue in live and upcoming..

I don't know why the developer leaves those 2 useless links in place if he will not fix them. The Win 10 NBC Live app does not support that link.
Can confirm that none of the Live events or replays are working. Tried BOTH versions.

This is a great app , as it delivers really HQ streams , hopefully the developer can fix it...
All working ok here and I think also with many others, Kodi 16.1 DNS Minix android box.
working fine for me too, lighting vs penguins in 1080 loads up first time. must be peoples set up and not the addon
My guess it is nothing to do with people's setups (if you think about it , this cannot be the case if the app was working 100% a week ago and have been untouched since)

My guess is that Comcast (my provider) has changed the authentication method. Thats why it is working for some people - and not others.. ie they are using a different provider...

Note to developer: People that seem to be having issues are Comcast users..
To Atron and morph78:

"Everything works fine for me" comments are not helpful. You are watching Hockey (I guess). We are watching Golf.

We are not talking about the app in general. We are talking about the specific behavior of the green "Watch Golf Channel LIVE" link in "Live and Upcoming". Give it a try and tell us how it works for you.
Good guess , foxfan. Even if you are wrong (my guess), that's the kind of helpful comment we need.

My guess: the stream used is obsolete and no longer supported by NBCSLE. Note that the link color is green indicating that NO authentication is supposed to be required.
Tried all of the Streams over the last hour or so , the free streams all work for me , only the ones that require authentication do not work.
Also tried the same live stream (that requires authentication ) on my Android App and it works perfectly , but not on this app. so I am still leaning to the fact the Comcast authentication is messed up somehow (NBC changed it slightly or something similar)
(2016-05-23, 04:14)foxfan Wrote: Tried all of the Streams over the last hour or so , the free streams all work for me , only the ones that require authentication do not work.
Also tried the same live stream (that requires authentication ) on my Android App and it works perfectly , but not on this app. so I am still leaning to the fact the Comcast authentication is messed up somehow (NBC changed it slightly or something similar)

But, "Watch Golf Channel LIVE" is a free stream according to the green color code. Does it work for you across a commercial? Mine looses audio and starts buffering after a commercial break ends. (Or it just exits randomly if invoked from an old Favorite)

Does "my Android App" refer to Kodi on Android or the NBCSLE native Android app? I use the native Android app without problem too.
If some of you guys stop attacking "the developer" as if this were his day time job that you guys pay for, maybe he will look into it? NoNo Seriously I have been refraining from making any snotty remarks but this has got to stop and someone should be the bad guy, so be it.

Even then without logs/debug logs no one can assist, so whoever is having issues, why not capture the logs, upload to xbmclogs/pastebin and link it here? Addon is working fine for most of us, including "those 2 useless links" (which play gloriously in 1080p by the way), but we don't post here on a daily basis saying it is working great.

I am not saying that people are making up issues, but 1) how about being respectful to someone who creates these addons for free as a hobby and 2) Posting meaningful debug/error logs so others can try to chime if they can? 3) Donate to show support to the devs?
Good points, siuside. I will refrain from referring to the "developer" just as he has refrained from addressing my comments.

I have been the developer of free software in the past and have followed my users comments with interest, responding as best I can. My only expectation is pride in ownership. And, I doubt a six pack or even a case will get my issues addressed on this app.

You basically define the problem with free software: Ultimately, no one is responsible, so we can't depend on it. And so I will continue to pay my cable provider to bring me the content I want. I can see that my attempt a cord cutting is a failure.
(2016-05-23, 04:02)foxfan Wrote: My guess it is nothing to do with people's setups (if you think about it , this cannot be the case if the app was working 100% a week ago and have been untouched since)

My guess is that Comcast (my provider) has changed the authentication method. Thats why it is working for some people - and not others.. ie they are using a different provider...

Note to developer: People that seem to be having issues are Comcast users..

Not necessarily true. Dish Network user here.
  • 167(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NBC Sports Live Extra13