• 443(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2016-05-29, 23:51)Matt Devo Wrote: shoot me an email at [email protected]
Will do, thanks.
Thumbs Up 
Hi Matt!

Just wanted to give a big thumbs up for your continued support of these boxes!
I am running my Asus Chromebox on your standalone installation since 2014 and it just works Smile

Out of curiosity i just updated (i still had the version from 29 July 2014 installed Angel !) and that ofcourse also went without a hitch Big Grin

Thanks again!
**figured out my issue***
(2016-06-01, 02:01)McButton Wrote: Hello.
I had an issue a few months ago where when I suspend my box, or even now reboot the box, audio doesn't work on play.
Sometimes, it works...sometimes not. We talked it through before, and I thought it was fixed, but it's still doing it.

I have OpenELEC to v6.0.398-Intel_EGL

From the Wiki that specifies the error, I've done:
For Openelec:
mkdir -p /storage/.config/sleep.d
cd /storage/.config/sleep.d
curl -L -O https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9830...sume.power
chmod +x 01-cbox_resume.power

And verified the link commands are in storage/.config/sleep

Anyone else getting this and/or have there been updates I don't know about that would fix it?
Thanks~!

**Using Chromebox w/ OpenElec and Jarvis. The same issues on Isengard.
**External Harddrive plugged in via USB 2.0 adapter into USB 3.0 port (via 3.0 sleep/disconnect issues)
**Tried adding a dely to the script as well..no dice.
**We determined that my TV would likely need to be ON before waking the box up with the remote. Seems this doesn't always fix it either.
I feel like it could have something to do with the way the TV suspends and wakes, as I never had this problem with my other TV that goes into low power mode instead of shutting off.

did you try my suggestion of rebooting on resume from suspend (and ensuring the TV is on at that point)? The alternative is to capture/load the EDID from file so that the Chromebox thinks the TV is always connected/active. Instructions for that are on the OE wiki ( I wrote them)
Ahh...you JUST replied as I cleared it. I tried another dozen things today to get it fixed. I set the timer to 25 seconds. The TV still isn't turning on. It seems to like...turn on.......but doesn't quite register such until 10 seconds after. Tested about 20 times with and without the adjustment. All good. Thanks a ton!
------------------
Will look at the "always connected" option. It'd be great if that worked out on my end.
-------------------------------------
http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Config...#tab=Intel
I can confirm the files are writing to my system, but it stops at nano -w /flash/extlinux.conf

Error opening terminal: Linux
Ideas?
(2016-06-01, 16:32)McButton Wrote: I can confirm the files are writing to my system, but it stops at nano -w /flash/extlinux.conf

Error opening terminal: Linux
Ideas?

not sure what that error is about, can't reproduce it here =(
I was using winscp and the command terminal.
Putty seems to work.
for the part "LABEL=Storage ssh quiet in"
Is it ok that mine doesn't have the ssh part shown?

I "thought" I did this before, and all the commands were there. Going to test the audio now. I may just be stuck with using the delay.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Update: Loaded everything and still dead audio. Default port and additional port + settings. If I turn the box on, then the TV...notta. So crazy that it needs that to work. I'd assume it's like every other device I've used.
No big deal. I'll go back to using the delay. That worked well. At least it'll cut my chances of dead audio do a very low percentage.

Thanks again!
hi, just wanted to know what best distro (chromium or gallium?) to run so can watch netflix. currently running LE in standalone setup. was thinking i could have a usb image and if wanted to switch to a netflix can just reboot to usb and run a netflix supported OS.....is this a smart option or am i out to lunch? is there a better setup instead?

thank you for your opinion
(2016-06-02, 06:31)carlson.v Wrote: hi, just wanted to know what best distro (chromium or gallium?) to run so can watch netflix. currently running LE in standalone setup. was thinking i could have a usb image and if wanted to switch to a netflix can just reboot to usb and run a netflix supported OS.....is this a smart option or am i out to lunch? is there a better setup instead?

thank you for your opinion

I wouldn't bother rebooting into another OS, I'd just use the Chromium browser addon for OE/LE, along with a few other addons to integrate everything with Kodi:
http://openelec.tv/forum/128-addons/7759...azon-prime
Does anyone know if we'll have access to ChromeOS builds with PlayStore before it officially launches? Like dev channel or something Smile
Would be cool to test it!
(2016-06-02, 18:12)efegue Wrote: Does anyone know if we'll have access to ChromeOS builds with PlayStore before it officially launches? Like dev channel or something Smile
Would be cool to test it!

there are many places better to discuss this, like the ChromeOS/Chromebooks G+ communities and subreddits. Also, do note that no Haswell-based ChromeOS devices are on the initial list for Play Store compatibility.
Matt I have a problem with my Chromebox, it was working fine using Kodi LibreELEC 7.0.1, I was changing skins and then the screen went black and stayed there! I can't get it to do anything, I've tried to reset, no luck, any help as to what steps to recover? Now after pushing recover button, it doesn't even show anything or recognize my monitor on the HDMI port.
(2016-06-03, 16:04)fisherman55 Wrote: Matt I have a problem with my Chromebox, it was working fine using Kodi LibreELEC 7.0.1, I was changing skins and then the screen went black and stayed there! I can't get it to do anything, I've tried to reset, no luck, any help as to what steps to recover? Now after pushing recover button, it doesn't even show anything or recognize my monitor on the HDMI port.

the recovery button doesn't do anything once you've loaded my custom firmware on there.

connect to the box using ssh, and edit /storage/.kodi/userdata/guisettings.xml to reset to the stock skin, then reboot
Here is what I get on SSH

08:33:10.814 Connecton failed. FlowSocketConnector: Failed to connect to target address. Windows error 10060: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
08:33:10.837 The SSH2 session has been terminated.
  • 443(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37