• 110(current)
SPMC (Kodi spinoff) - v16
(2016-08-16, 10:22)netguru Wrote:
(2016-08-16, 05:06)BDPNA Wrote: I have just been running the shield at 24 to watch my content (It actually has been nice to watch HBO GO and Netflix at 24p as well I suppose) though I prefer it at 60 since it's almost necessary for Live TV and certain shows.

Thanks for all the work you do.

Is netflix still 24p? Would like to try using netflix on my SATV to compare to my Sony TV.

Yes it is Wink
I assume with the Netflix app you need to set your root device to 24p, it doesn't auto-switch? I think SPMC is unique in trying to adjust refresh rates. I don't believe the Netflix app does a refresh rate change, but when I set my Shield to 24p, Netflix doesn't switch away from 24p. The interface is just not as buttery smooth.
Hello Koying,
I have a question, will follow an update to version 17/Krypton ?
(2016-08-17, 11:34)iRubin Wrote: I have a question, will follow an update to version 17/Krypton ?

Stop asking this (not you specifically).
You won't get any comitment from me. I might do it, or just not.
I have a question regarding Ftp vs Nfs vs Smb.

I recently upgraded my Boxee Box to a Nvidia shield tv.

The Boxee Box streamed from my NAS using SMB. This worked great.

On the Shield, running SPMC I get huge pixelation on both SMB and NFS, but FTP runs fine..

Shouldn't NFS be faster/better than FTP?

Does anyone know how I can get NFS to stream without pixelation?

Sent from my Nexus 6P
(2016-08-17, 12:39)Koying Wrote:
(2016-08-17, 11:34)iRubin Wrote: I have a question, will follow an update to version 17/Krypton ?

Stop asking this (not you specifically).
You won't get any comitment from me. I might do it, or just not.

Ok sorry, I understand!
(2016-08-17, 15:19)NinjaOne Wrote: I have a question regarding Ftp vs Nfs vs Smb.

I recently upgraded my Boxee Box to a Nvidia shield tv.

The Boxee Box streamed from my NAS using SMB. This worked great.

On the Shield, running SPMC I get huge pixelation on both SMB and NFS, but FTP runs fine..

Shouldn't NFS be faster/better than FTP?

Does anyone know how I can get NFS to stream without pixelation?

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Speed issues Impact the Quality by stuttering, not by pixelation ...Or is there some transcoding between ...
NFS is the fastest.
To get sure, do a Speed test with your Laptop or somethin similar.
Koying,

I would REALLY like to send you a case of your favorite beer. Is there a way to do that without violating your privacy? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I have a Logitech K400. Is there a Layout for Kody/SMPC?
(2016-08-18, 10:14)Schrotty Wrote: I have a Logitech K400. Is there a Layout for Kody/SMPC?

use keymap Editor?
(2016-08-17, 04:05)BDPNA Wrote: I assume with the Netflix app you need to set your root device to 24p, it doesn't auto-switch? I think SPMC is unique in trying to adjust refresh rates. I don't believe the Netflix app does a refresh rate change, but when I set my Shield to 24p, Netflix doesn't switch away from 24p. The interface is just not as buttery smooth.

YEP !
This is android which doesn't support autoframe, may be a day Google will understand that this is an important thing to add to have a good multimedia system Wink
(2016-08-18, 10:04)deaded Wrote: I would REALLY like to send you a case of your favorite beer.

Thanks for your kind offer, but I only do social drinking, mostly in bars Smile
(2016-08-18, 10:40)Ogreen Wrote: may be a day Google will understand that this is an important thing to add to have a good multimedia system Wink

Blame Netflix, not Google. Obviously, Google expose the API's, now, or SPMC couldn't do it.
In case you didn't notice, Netflix do whatever they feel, not following any GUI guidelines on any platform...
(2016-08-18, 11:20)Koying Wrote:
(2016-08-18, 10:40)Ogreen Wrote: may be a day Google will understand that this is an important thing to add to have a good multimedia system Wink

Blame Netflix, not Google. Obviously, Google expose the API's, now, or SPMC couldn't do it.
In case you didn't notice, Netflix do whatever they feel, not following any GUI guidelines on any platform...

In this case, Netflix, youtubes and other streaming apps could do autoframe if they would like to ?
Sure...
  • 110(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SPMC (Kodi spinoff) - v166