• 8(current)
Win FrontView+ -Info for 2nd Screen - iMon replacement
If you delete the virtual desktops - should drop displays back to 2.
Probably pay to change the Display setting in FrontView before you do to 1 or 2.
(if issues change in settings to DISPLAY1 or DISPLAY2)

http://www.howtogeek.com/197625/how-to-u...indows-10/

Once 6 virtual screens deleted suspect that will fix issue.

Can try the ForceResolution setting as last reply as well

Glenn
I am on Win 8.1! Force resolution don´t help. In display settings there are only Display1 or Display6 available.
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
NAS: Xpenology 7.2 Update 1, Intel i5-6600
(2016-09-16, 11:53)tehax Wrote: I am on Win 8.1! Force resolution don´t help. In display settings there are only Display1 or Display6 available.

Well there's goes that solution.

For some reason you have a display which is DISPLAY1 and 2nd screen which is DISPLAY6. (Rather than one and two which code is expecting - and is norm).

Further log:
The Log also seems to think you only have one screen at times and at other times correctly reports 2.

Can try to work around this in code - but best solution may be to figure out why that naming of displays exist.
What does your multi screen setup look like. Perhaps removing 2nd screen by changing settings and re-adding may rename back to usual.
Glenn
I think the main issue is that the display settings in frontview only cut the window and not scale to needed size. With scaling text will always fit to the resolution which will selected.
Why the program will only open just in tray and can' t open then has/should imho nothing to do with the display number.
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
(2016-09-16, 12:40)tehax Wrote: I think the main issue is that the display settings in frontview only cut the window and not scale to needed size. With scaling text will always fit to the resolution which will selected.
Why the program will only open just in tray and can' t open then has/should imho nothing to do with the display number.

Questions for you:
1. How do you get program out of trayHuh
2. You mention switch to "Only if i switch to Desktop 1i" -- what do you mean?

But no - its not scale that is the issue. Its scales everyone elses to scale without problem.
It comes down to the Display Numbers and multiscreen/Desktop setup.

Replace this file with below- which has a quick check for out of whack Display Numbers and better logging - and then post logs.
https://github.com/Ghawken/FrontView/rel...ntView.exe

Glenn
Program in tray means only symbol is there. I switch between displays with "win+p".
Log
(2016-09-16, 14:43)tehax Wrote: Program in tray means only symbol is there. I switch between displays with "win+p".
Log

That's a issue then
That changes multi monitor settings from duplicate clone extend etc - you can't do that
Use the display settings screen to extend to the 2nd screen and leave it at that -
Can't change the settings repeatedly

See:
https://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?/...-switcher/

Will check log though

Glenn

Sent from my iPhone
Frontview appears also on 2nd screen when i changed the display refresh rate. I think it appears everytime when the display has to be rebuild.
(2016-09-16, 14:47)GlennNZ Wrote:
(2016-09-16, 14:43)tehax Wrote: Program in tray means only symbol is there. I switch between displays with "win+p".
Log

That's a issue then
That changes multi monitor settings from duplicate clone extend etc - you can't do that
Use the display settings screen to extend to the 2nd screen and leave it at that -
Can't change the settings repeatedly

See:
https://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?/...-switcher/

Will check log though

Glenn

As above.
You can't use Win-P which essentially turns of the 2nd display, clones it or duplicates, or extends it - in a cycle. No wonder Frontview+ has no idea what screen display to use.

Right Click on Desktop go to Screen Resolution, Multiple Displays - Should say 'Extend these Displays', select main screen for make screen.
And restart Frontview and whatever else.

Log3 shows it now selecting correctly Display6, and listing screens - and presumably resolutions in pull down- but issue is you keep turning it off, on, clone, extend - and every time the screen changes it resets and recalculates. You can turn off that behaviour by setting the below (in settings.xml file) to true.

<DisableResolutionDetection>false</DisableResolutionDetection> Change to True

This turns off auto recalculating/adjusting when the screen display is reset/changed - which is happening with ever Win-P press. May just overcome that issue.
(also turn TRACE log on as well - gives slightly more info)

Tah

Glenn
With this setting i am not be able to get the program window visible. Only tray icon.
(2016-09-16, 08:42)allanmb Wrote:
(2016-09-16, 08:00)GlennNZ Wrote:
(2016-09-15, 21:22)allanmb Wrote: Thanks for this. It has made me very happy indeed. I have a few questions/requests
1) Is it possible to remove the big "Frontview+" splash on startup? I'm trying to keep my main screen as black as possible
2) Can I make the progress bar of the current view time bigger? I like to see how long there is left to view but cant make out the numbers
3) Would it be possible to hook this up to Steam for when I'm playing games?
4) Also, when I am not running Kodi, it shows a screen with kodi as a large button and then video/resolution/reboot on the bottom right. How can I make this go back to the normal home screen?
Thanks again!

Hey - Thanks for the feedback.
1. Its only there for a few seconds on startup? Still must be pretty blank! Possible to add setting, but time probably best spent elsewhere - unless a flurry of similar blank-seeking individuals!
2. Time Bigger or Bar Bigger? Time does have a setting - its the TextSize in Settings/Display Tab under NowPlaying Screen: Cover size, Text Size, Logo Size.
3. Steam - difficult and probably comes back to time issue. Also would have likely have to be separate remote connection; which would mean would have to manually connect to it from kodi/emby etc.
(any similar steam software - which I might have a look at?)
4. It defaults to this screen when no remote connection - as you need to set one up/connect one.
It may be that MinimiseAlways setting is the best option for you or fanart for that matter.
MinimiseAlways - true - essentially only shows the NowPlaying screens - when NowPlaying finishes it minimises FrontView to taskbar.
The usage for others (who were steam-players as well) is that you can then have something else under/on same screen potentially steam related. (Showing Temp/CPU whatever you like running) And then when running Kodi - on starting playback - the NowPlaying screen appears Thoughts?

Glenn

Thanks for the replies.
1) Yes it is only a few seconds but I've disabled windows logo, spinning circles, login screen etc. I guess I could take a look at the source and see if I could add in the option easily. What language is this being developed in?
2) I want the time bigger. I'll have a look at the text size and see if that helps, thanks :-)
3) I figured that might be a problem. I'm not sure of any other software off-hand but I can tell what all my friends are playing etc. so it could be achieved using the friends API if it's publicly available...
4) That MinimiseAlways sounds like it could work actually, That could also allow me to have my cpu/gpu temp displays on that monitor :-)

All working grand on this front now :-) My only problem is that the taskbar is drawn over the FrontView+ window sometimes :-(
(2016-09-16, 15:47)tehax Wrote: With this setting i am not be able to get the program window visible. Only tray icon.

Ok.
There are clearly a few mixed issues - one I am convinced is DPI related, and the other relates to why one screen is DISPLAY1 and another DISPLAY6
Second is related to Win-P and turning off/on second screen.

But have rewritten the Display handling code and have a test build here:
https://github.com/Ghawken/FrontView/rel...tag/1.9991
Replace FrontView.exe in ProgramFiles with this version.

Update:
Just install New Version Below which includes all these changes and a bit more.

But Do:
Do turn on TRACE and DEBUG logging and post log.

Glenn
Version 1.200

Fix for Save Settings if Blank Items.
Fixes for DDC when slow to later check connection possible.
More DDC logic fixes
Add Checkbox box to disable nowPlaying MediaIcons
Installer registry changes to mark Frontview+.exe as HPIDPIAWARE
Add nosplashscreen CmdLine argument option to disable splashscreen (run Frontview.exe nosplashscreen - to disable splash)
Changes for DisplayScreen to enable better support for unusual screen setups/Virtual Desktops (rewriting the DisplayScreen code)

Add Option to NOT show MediaIcons on NowPlaying Screen
Now Shows MediaIcons on TV NowPlaying screen
Fix for TV NowPlaying Title size issues
Changed MediaIcons to slightly darker versions
Remove wyUpdate Code (may revisit later)

Version 1.199 Beta
Change to remote Version numbers Emby - just use first 3 digits (eg. 3.1 etc)

Addition of DDC/CI Monitor Settings Control:
Under DDC/Amp in Settings - will only work with monitors that support DDC (and unsure re USB Monitors)
Allows FrontView to control the monitor settings directly (same as adjusting monitor menu settings)
Enables FrontView to completely lower brightness and contrast during playback - avoiding a blank yet still 'bright' screen

Add MediaIcons to NowPlaying Movie Screen:
Very limited screen real estate. Happy to take suggestions for placement
Todo: Add checkbox to remove displaying icons
Fix to Disable MediaIcons in NowPlaying Popup MovieDetails Screen

https://github.com/Ghawken/FrontView/releases
(2016-09-16, 21:22)allanmb Wrote: 1) Yes it is only a few seconds but I've disabled windows logo, spinning circles, login screen etc. I guess I could take a look at the source and see if I could add in the option easily.

All working grand on this front now :-) My only problem is that the taskbar is drawn over the FrontView+ window sometimes :-(

See - 1.200 for a Frontview.exe nosplashscreen commandline option to disable the splashscreen (wasn't possible to skin it given how early is used)

Taskbar - sounds like a taskbar issue to me - can't you turn it off/disappear it after period of time?

Steam does have friends API/might be possible to show something - but probably better option to use another piece of software to do that and have FrontView pop up as needed.

Glenn
Hello,
first i would like to say thank for your great support.
Now i installed new version. Window appears on main screen. Make all seettings. I can select between display1 (main) and display6 (2nd),
But at both displays i can´t select the resolution because there are no entrys. So i save settings and tool goes to 2nd screen automatic with normal big size (see log Kopie). Then i add resolutions in settings. Restart tool but it don´t open window. win+p and so on and the window is back with correct size but with cut text as last tests (log 2nd).
Logs
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FrontView+ -Info for 2nd Screen - iMon replacement3