• 83(current)
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)
Thanks.

Have you looked into the repeat keys thing?

If I launch a game through rom collection browser holding A button for more than a second, when I close the game, it keeps launching again from kodi in an infinite loop until I kill kodi.

If I launch the game holding A button for less than a second, doesnt happen.
(2016-10-02, 00:27)trihy Wrote: Have you looked into the repeat keys thing?

If I launch a game through rom collection browser holding A button for more than a second, when I close the game, it keeps launching again from kodi in an infinite loop until I kill kodi.

This is hard to fix in the general case. If you launch a game holding enter, does the same thing happen? If so, then we'll need to add special cases to anything that shouldn't be performed in rapid succession.
RetroPlayer releases: https://github.com/garbear/xbmc/releases

Donations: eigendude.eth
(2016-10-02, 06:05)garbear Wrote:

This is hard to fix in the general case. If you launch a game holding enter, does the same thing happen? If so, then we'll need to add special cases to anything that shouldn't be performed in rapid succession.

Hi. It happens only with controller.

But, when you press enter on keyboard for more than one second, Rom Collection Browser open a submenu. You can´t launch games holding enter, just a simple press.
so maybe i fix this by completely ignoring the problem and adding button holding to the joystick.xml keymap Wink

New builds are uploading! I've added "game resource add-ons" to solve the BIOS problem. Here's how it works:

Game resources can be distributed with the add-on, they can be provided in userdata, or they can be provided by a "game resource add-on".

For example, BlueMSX now ships with the "Machines" and "Databases" folders containing all the files that aren't copyright-restricted.

The user can provide their own Machines folder containing custom BIOSes at special://userdata/addon_data/game.libretro.bluemsx/resources/system. If this is present, it will be used instead of the version that shipped with the core.

Finally, game resources can be provided by game resource add-ons. For example, I added this to Genesis Plus GX's addon.xml:

Code:
<requires>
        <import addon="resource.games.libretro.restricted" version="1.0.0" optional="true"/>
</requires>

Now, if resource.games.libretro.restricted is installed, the Machines folder from that will override the one that shipped with BlueMSX.

If the core fails to load a game and a game resource is imported (but not installed), Kodi will alert the user about this missing add-on:

Code:
This game requires the following add-on: resource.games.libretro.restricted

This entire strategy is subject to change. It requires a quick hack to the libretro API, but the hack isn't going upstream (see RetroArch PR:3713). However, the "proper" way using a VFS is being implemented (see RetroArch PR:3715). Until then, we'll have to fork any cores that need to load resources from multiple directories. This has already been done for Genesis Plus GX and BlueMSX.

(2016-10-02, 06:05)garbear Wrote:

(2016-10-02, 16:05)garbear Wrote: so maybe i fix this by completely ignoring the problem and adding button holding to the joystick.xml keymap Wink

Probably, buy maybe has to do with kodi repeating key press if you hold a button. That shouldnt be needed for ui navigation, but not sure.
(2016-10-04, 18:03)trihy Wrote: Probably, buy maybe has to do with kodi repeating key press if you hold a button. That shouldnt be needed for ui navigation, but not sure.

It is, holding UP needs to send an UP event every .5 seconds or so.

And there is a need to send every .5 seconds on A, B, X and Y? I understand is needed on other buttons for playback FF, FR, etc.
Here's something to try. Can you remove the hold entry from the keymap? Then try launching a ROM by holding enter and see if the same behavior happens.

I've thought of another solution to the problem. This isn't exclusive to A, if you launch a game then for the next ~1s any buttons pressed will be interpreted by the GUI. This has an easy fix, when you launch a game we start capturing keypresses and button presses immediately.

However, sometimes launching a game *requires* the GUI. e.g. if no emulators are installed, Kodi will give you a list of compatible ones and ask which to install. This takes time, and this check is part of the reason why it takes as much as a second to launch a game. If we do capture input as soon as a game is selected for play, then we might have to have a way to temporarily release input again so that the GUI can receive input.

Such is the complications of the input system.

I'm focusing on some architectural problems now, so it'll be a week or two before I return to UX stuff. Still, your UX input is valuable. I've added this to the list of bugs in the OP. Thanks for reporting!

EDIT: Also the UX bug where the notification covers the subtitles has been fixed. The fix will appear in beta 4.

FYI, Libreelec builds still showing August 27th as the latest available (using the link on the first page).

(2016-10-03, 01:38)garbear Wrote: New builds are uploading! I've added "game resource add-ons" to solve the BIOS problem. Here's how it works:

Game resources can be distributed with the add-on, they can be provided in userdata, or they can be provided by a "game resource add-on".

For example, BlueMSX now ships with the "Machines" and "Databases" folders containing all the files that aren't copyright-restricted.

The user can provide their own Machines folder containing custom BIOSes at special://userdata/addon_data/game.libretro.bluemsx/resources/system. If this is present, it will be used instead of the version that shipped with the core.

Finally, game resources can be provided by game resource add-ons. For example, I added this to Genesis Plus GX's addon.xml:

Code:
<requires>
        <import addon="resource.games.libretro.restricted" version="1.0.0" optional="true"/>
</requires>

Now, if resource.games.libretro.restricted is installed, the Machines folder from that will override the one that shipped with BlueMSX.

If the core fails to load a game and a game resource is imported (but not installed), Kodi will alert the user about this missing add-on:

Code:
This game requires the following add-on: resource.games.libretro.restricted

This entire strategy is subject to change. It requires a quick hack to the libretro API, but the hack isn't going upstream (see RetroArch PR:3713). However, the "proper" way using a VFS is being implemented (see RetroArch PR:3715). Until then, we'll have to fork any cores that need to load resources from multiple directories. This has already been done for Genesis Plus GX and BlueMSX.
Kodi is still taking input from unused buttons while emulator is running. I tried mupen64plus, kodi crashed and once the controller linked back up the vibration never stopped. Disabling rewind does not work. pcsxr doesn't recognize my .bin files and the .img file says not compatible with any emulators.

Edit: @ lrusak the pvr hdhomeun addon fails to load.
(2016-10-05, 06:14)Anonymous Coward Wrote: FYI, Libreelec builds still showing August 27th as the latest available (using the link on the first page).

I'll ask lrusak to pop out another couple of builds

(2016-10-05, 18:58)rome Wrote: Kodi is still taking input from unused buttons while emulator is running.

Can you upload a debug log?

(2016-10-05, 18:58)rome Wrote: I tried mupen64plus, kodi crashed and once the controller linked back up the vibration never stopped.

I added this bug to the list in the OP.

(2016-10-05, 18:58)rome Wrote: pcsxr doesn't recognize my .bin files and the .img file says not compatible with any emulators.

Can you upload a debug log? that'll show why the .bin and .img files aren't recognized.

pcsxr debug log http://sprunge.us/NPZi
kodi still taking input log http://sprunge.us/AChh
hdhomerun addon not load log http://sprunge.us/dVLE

Edit: also I noticed when mapping the right stick for playstation the volume adjust for kodi.
(2016-10-04, 23:53)garbear Wrote: Here's something to try. Can you remove the hold entry from the keymap? Then try launching a ROM by holding enter and see if the same behavior happens.

I've thought of another solution to the problem. This isn't exclusive to A, if you launch a game then for the next ~1s any buttons pressed will be interpreted by the GUI. This has an easy fix, when you launch a game we start capturing keypresses and button presses immediately.

However, sometimes launching a game *requires* the GUI. e.g. if no emulators are installed, Kodi will give you a list of compatible ones and ask which to install. This takes time, and this check is part of the reason why it takes as much as a second to launch a game. If we do capture input as soon as a game is selected for play, then we might have to have a way to temporarily release input again so that the GUI can receive input.

Such is the complications of the input system.

Hi, removed "hold" entry from keyboard keymap. Now when launching games on Rom Collection Browser holding enter, games launch in a loop and relaunch itself everytime I close it, until I kill kodi, just like with the controller.
New RPI2/3 build posted more will be coming.

Edit: Generic build is up now too
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
  • 83(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RetroPlayer Test Builds (updated for Nexus)16