• 32(current)
v17 [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin
I will strongly advise you to read up on the banned addons.

The addon you mentionned cannot be discussed here.
(2016-09-07, 00:52)Shomei Wrote:
(2016-09-06, 14:04)host505 Wrote:
(2016-08-22, 23:04)Shomei Wrote: I don't like this idea with hiding option.
What do you think about this: http://i.imgur.com/tCaLY4A.png
Much better for subtitles.

I'll second that for two reasons:
-Subtitles. Sometimes I have to pause to catch something I didn't get, and the seekbar is hiding them.
-Don't laugh, but sometimes knowing when a movie ends kind of spoils something. It's like a spoiler on some occasions. That info is on the info overlay anyway. I think it should not be available on pause too.

Exactly!
This "overlay menu" is super-annoying. I wish that there were only OSD-info similar to Potplayer...

Autohide and maybe a Paused indicator would be useful. For subtitles however, I would find it better if the subtitles would just move up while the status bar is visible. That would be a much more elegant solution in my opinion. When the status bar hides, they should then just go back to there default location.
(2016-09-17, 00:38)Doc.Ex Wrote:
(2016-09-07, 00:52)Shomei Wrote:
(2016-09-06, 14:04)host505 Wrote: I'll second that for two reasons:
-Subtitles. Sometimes I have to pause to catch something I didn't get, and the seekbar is hiding them.
-Don't laugh, but sometimes knowing when a movie ends kind of spoils something. It's like a spoiler on some occasions. That info is on the info overlay anyway. I think it should not be available on pause too.

Exactly!
This "overlay menu" is super-annoying. I wish that there were only OSD-info similar to Potplayer...

Autohide and maybe a Paused indicator would be useful. For subtitles however, I would find it better if the subtitles would just move up while the status bar is visible. That would be a much more elegant solution in my opinion. When the status bar hides, they should then just go back to there default location.

What about hardcoded subtitles?
Can you add to the menu OSD codec (O) information about buffer and cache size? Sad
Hi, Estuary is awesome ! A kind of return to old skins with a real good look and features !

1. Something I don't understand : when you right click on one item of "in progess movies" : sometime you've got option "Mark as watched" and sometime "Mark as UNwatched" , please always offer the 2 options in every sections of Kodi, it's really useful !
  2. On this right click menu, it could be very useful to close it when you left click elsewhere (it works with right click but not with left click)
  3. When you are playing something, little icons to indicates video resolution are not here anymore. I miss it Wink It's interesting to know it when you launch a video. May be you can add an option in settings to ask if we want to display it or not ?
  4. I really don't like the "buffering" on the middle of the video, it's too much intrusive, the buffering indication in the bottom of the screen is enough, a rotating icon on the center of the screen is similar to a frustrating experience on youtube Wink
  5. When you are in a list of movies, TV show or music, I think it's better that the letter you type allow to go directly to the media which starts with this letter. It's a really easier way to navigate, easier and faster than using the filter menu. Yes I know, this idea is not compatible with keyboard shortcuts but it is so useful that I think users could have the choice to disable shortcuts and be able to navigate with letters of his keyboard like in every media or file explorer. An alternative is to create a filter automatically when you start to type letters. (OK I just read you can have this behavior by pressing shift key but it should be the default behavior and the shift key should be used for shortcuts, as you are simplifying the use of Kodi in this new version you should make this modification).

Thanks for all this cool work !
@1 if a move is watched you can unwatch it, if it's not watched you can set it as watched via the context menu
(2016-10-03, 15:42)Razze Wrote: @1 if a move is watched you can unwatch it, if it's not watched you can set it as watched via the context menu
Mhh no... Not exactly I'm talking about "in progess movies" which means that it's not completely watched or unwatched Wink
For example in the main screen you have now "in progess movies", try a right click on it, you will not have the same result in the context menu. The 2 options should be available Wink
Some additional remarks and ideas after more tests on Estuary :

6. Search on the main page is awesome, this is the first time that all medias from kodi are unified. The intermediate screen with "search youtube" and "search TheMovieDB" slow down the process, I am convinced that most of people will only use "search local library".
7. For each view in please add a visible checkbox to see what is already watched
8. Please add option in the left panel to "hide watched" like in confluence it's very useful !
9. When you're in a section, filter functionality in Kodi left panel is awesome and the refresh is in real time, you should make it possible to use it very quickly (with a shortcut or a special field)

Thank you.
(2016-10-03, 23:44)schmurtz Wrote:
(2016-10-03, 15:42)Razze Wrote: @1 if a move is watched you can unwatch it, if it's not watched you can set it as watched via the context menu
Mhh no... Not exactly I'm talking about "in progess movies" which means that it's not completely watched or unwatched Wink
For example in the main screen you have now "in progess movies", try a right click on it, you will not have the same result in the context menu. The 2 options should be available Wink

If I remember right, in progress movies still can be watched already or not. So you can have a resume point on an movie, you already watched.

(2016-10-04, 00:03)schmurtz Wrote: 8. Please add option in the left panel to "hide watched" like in confluence it's very useful !

Should be there, it's just slightly different and might even be a little more hidden (unfortunatly)
Just look for "All videos" select it, it will switch to "Unwatched" and on the next select to "Watched" then back to "All videos"
Is there a way to get a thumbnail page view for local videos? If I set a folder as None, the only view option is WideList. If I set it to Movies, only the Shift view shows thumbnails, and that only shows a few at a time. Would love to be able to view my local videos with pages of thumbnails.
(2016-10-04, 23:13)Razze Wrote:
(2016-10-03, 23:44)schmurtz Wrote:
If I remember right, in progress movies still can be watched already or not. So you can have a resume point on an movie, you already watched.
OK, what I explain is that there is a bug, when you're at the middle of a movie, the 2 options should be available "mark as watched" and "mark as unwatched" but in the "in progress movies" section the behavior is random. Let's see it :
watch gallery

You see, there is nothing logic in this comportment, it should be like in the TV show section everywhere : the 2 options are available.

(2016-10-04, 00:03)schmurtz Wrote: 8. Please add option in the left panel to "hide watched" like in confluence it's very useful !
(2016-10-04, 23:13)Razze Wrote: Should be there, it's just slightly different and might even be a little more hidden (unfortunatly)
Just look for "All videos" select it, it will switch to "Unwatched" and on the next select to "Watched" then back to "All videos"
Ah thanks for the information ! There should be a little symbol like this ">" to invite the user to click on it Wink
@schmurtz: You get both "Mark as watched" and "Mark as unwatched" on "In progress TV shows" because the widget represents all episodes of the tv show rather than a singular item as is the case with a movie - you've got a mixture of watched and unwatched episodes. Logically, if you've watched all episodes - or none - the show won't be in your "In progress TV shows" list at all.

A movie becomes "watched" if you watch it through to the end (I think it's at least 95% or something like that). This is independent of the "in progress" status - you can watch a movie once, at which point it becomes "watched", and then watch it half-way a second time and now it is both "watched" (from the first time) and "in progress" (from the second partial viewing), so you will be able to "Mark as unwatched" the movie in the "In progress movies" list. There'd be no point having "Mark as watched" as you've already watched it.

On the other hand, a movie that you have never watched all the way through to the end, but which is in your "In progress movies" list, will allow you to "Mark as watched". Again, why would you want to "Mark as unwatched" a movie you've never watched (to the end)?

As far as I can tell, the current behaviour is entirely logical and correct.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-10-07, 00:14)Milhouse Wrote: A movie becomes "watched" if you watch it through to the end (I think it's at least 95% or something like that). This is independent of the "in progress" status - you can watch a movie once, at which point it becomes "watched", and then watch it half-way a second time and now it is both "watched" (from the first time) and "in progress" (from the second partial viewing), so you will be able to "Mark as unwatched" the movie in the "In progress movies" list. There'd be no point having "Mark as watched" as you've already watched it.

OK thank you Milhouse,I understand : some of my "in progress movies" are already fully watched previously... So it's not a bug but I remain of the opinion that it is simpler to offer both options all the time. I mean that when I make a right click in "in progress movies" it is to remove the movie from this list and in this case I would like to watch it again later or not... But may be it's just a point of view.
The watched/unwatched status has nothing to do with the "In progress" list. Movies appear in the "In progress movies" list if they have a resume point. You can mark as watched or unwatched a movie and it will continue to appear in the "In progress movies" list as long as it remains partially viewed (ie. resumable).

If you want to remove a movie item from the "In progress movies" list then select "Play from beginning" in the content menu (NOT "Start from beginning" in the resume menu) and then stop playback after a couple of seconds. This will remove the resume point for the movie, removing the movie from the "In progress movies" list.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2016-10-06, 16:14)Tarkus_ Wrote: Is there a way to get a thumbnail page view for local videos? If I set a folder as None, the only view option is WideList. If I set it to Movies, only the Shift view shows thumbnails, and that only shows a few at a time. Would love to be able to view my local videos with pages of thumbnails.

Will get better in next days, Wall and InfoWall will also work then.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin9