• 78(current)
Android HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)
Nice interface for series!
And full bluray menu? I have it on my old Egreat R6A2 (realtek based), I thought Realtek did it but it seems it's Egreat who make it possible.
Afaik its VidOn that responsible for the bluray menu support and you need to register a VidOn account as well to get it on this device.
The one folder for film-series thing is something that kodi is supporting as well (settings-video-library-group movies in sets).
Also, Egreat's support, at least in the past, has been anything but great. As for VidOn, BD menus may mostly work, but whether you get proper framerates, open question.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Sad 
They brought Android 6.0 on other new devices :

http://hd-mediaplayers.ru/himedia-a5/

I do not think they desire to bring a new and good FW for Q10/5 PRO, just promotes new products.
Just wait and see, they will bring new firmware with Android 7 for Q10/Q5 Pro. Nod
Kodi Mediaplayer; Sony KD-55A89 4K Android TV
Wink 
(2016-10-17, 14:55)HereIsTom Wrote: Just wait and see, they will bring new firmware with Android 7 for Q10/Q5 Pro. Nod

ok
I am interested in purchasing a Q10 Pro.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a place to purchase a new US retail model online in the US?

Thanks,
HiMedia doesn't have authorized distribution outlets in the U.S., so eBay was it to get your hand on one at a reasonable price. But, Futeko has it for about US$195 shipped (even to the U.S.). They're in the UK, but a very reliable reseller w/excellent support.

But, before you buy, also consider Zidoo X9S. These two players are very close, but Zidoo has been doing a better job than HiMedia w/firmware updates.
My HT
(2016-10-17, 21:33)hdmkv Wrote: HiMedia doesn't have authorized distribution outlets in the U.S., so eBay was it to get your hand on one at a reasonable price. But, Futeko has it for about US$195 shipped (even to the U.S.). They're in the UK, but a very reliable reseller w/excellent support.

But, before you buy, also consider Zidoo X9S. These two players are very close, and Zidoo has been doing a better job than HiMedia w/firmware updates.

Thanks for your response.

Other than the power adapter plug, and I see that Futeko provides a US style converter, is there a difference in the European model and US model?
There is no U.S. model... only an international (Western market) version, which Futeko carries, and a Chinese (Asian market) version.
My HT
(2016-10-17, 21:39)hdmkv Wrote: There is no U.S. model... only an international (Western market) version, which Futeko carries, and a Chinese (Asian market) version.

Ah, gotcha. Thanks.

Are you using a converter for the power adapter?

There is a site, iandroidtvbox.com that has them: http://www.iandroidtvbox.com/himedia-q10...b-3-0.html

They say they are the international version. They are in Hong Kong, China. Not sure how trustworthy they are. Think I prefer Futeko.
I bought my Q5 4K3D (prior generation) from iandroidtvbox.com and they sent me the Chinese version. Tried to return, but they wouldn't pay for return shipping to China. eBay is an option for you for Q10 (or Q5) Pro... I see some dispatched from the U.S. Just make sure it spells out English firmware in the details and/or contact the seller to make sure.

Re: Futeko, when I bought my old Q10 4K3D from them, no adapter was included. So, bought this one.
My HT
Futeko add a free high quality US 2 square pin adapter to all US orders, as here;
http://www.futeko.com/products/AC109.php
Kodi Mediaplayer; Sony KD-55A89 4K Android TV
Glad they started including it, and offering free worldwide shipping.
My HT
(2016-10-17, 22:09)hdmkv Wrote: I bought my Q5 4K3D (prior generation) from iandroidtvbox.com and they sent me the Chinese version. Tried to return, but they wouldn't pay for return shipping to China. eBay is an option for you for Q10 (or Q5) Pro... I see some dispatched from the U.S. Just make sure it spells out English firmware in the details and/or contact the seller to make sure.

Re: Futeko, when I bought my old Q10 4K3D from them, no adapter was included. So, bought this one.

Yep, I was looking at eBay. One of the US Sellers has the UK style power adapter, guess I could purchase a converter separately, however, it's already a little more than Futeko wants.

That looks like a nice adapter/ converter.

Thanks,
  • 78(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)8