• 21(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
There are a few tricks as well, needed for fractional refresh rates of 23.976 / 29.97 / 59.94fps to work properly on AMLogic S905 devices. I call these mods "the hidden booty" so far as a serious Kodi AML media player is concerned. Seems the Xiaomi Kernel developers don't know the AML modified Kernel well enough yet or simple don't care when selling a $69 device to the Great Unwashed general U.S. populace.

Does the Nvidia Shield also have these issues?
(2016-10-15, 19:24)Martijn Wrote:
(2016-10-15, 19:20)seymourtv Wrote:
(2016-10-14, 14:45)wrxtasy Wrote: This deinterlacing problem everyone seems to be having. Which version of Kodi is everyone using. ?

I ask because you need to use Kodi Jarvis and amcodec acceleration to utilize AMLogic's hardware deinterlacing properly. Krypton has issues at the moment with deinterlacing on AML platforms.

Good advice

Yes, Kodi 17 beta 3 isn't performing well with Mi Box atm
Firmware problem
Which showed itself after amcodec decoding was ripped out of later versions of Kodi Krypton....

Sounds interesting. A few questions...

Will the Mi Box read .ISO, MP4, ect video files from an external HD connected via USB ?

Is there a limit as to the size of HD connected via USB ?

Is there a FF, Rewind, Pause and Stop via remote ? Mostly concerned within Kodi
Is spmc a better option in this usage?
(2016-10-16, 21:27)Xdout Wrote: Is spmc a better option in this usage?
Depends. SPMC has issues playing HEVC main10 video. Both SPMC and Kodi have issues with audio passthrough. At this time, MX player is the only one that has proper passthrough for Dolby Digital/Dolby Digital Plus/DTS. However, there is no HD audio passthrough with MX player also.
I have mi box running spmc 16.4.2 I used the non shield TV performance steps from the GitHub. also add a 30mb buffer on all video local and internet. For me I am be watch/stream blu-ray folder structure rips .m2ts from my media server, which are just a bunch of windows share. with that I might get a droped from once in a movie maybe most of the time I would never know I wasn't on laptop connected to the tv.
Any idea's when www.mi.com will be selling these again? Can't believe they have sold out after a couple days.
Pretty cool they're sold out. Hope that means good support is coming for this little guy.
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
Agreed... I had bought a 128gb USB drive to add the the internal storage for apps and Kodi data only to find out at 4gb used on the USB mi box is 100 percent full and I can't do anything... Another know what I may be doing wrong.
(2016-10-14, 06:50)Topken Wrote: I highly doubt the likes of Apple(itunes), Netflix, Amazon get they copies from bds they are more then likely encoded from the masters that bds are made from.

Yes. It would be a VERY odd workflow that sourced streaming content from optical media (or the quite highly compressed files on the optical media). I'd expect online streaming sources to be encoded from higher quality sources than Blu-ray. Blu-ray maxes out at 50Mbs LongGOP and is 4:2:0.

I'd expect 1080p stuff to be sourced at the bare minimum from 100Mbs AVCi 4:2:2 (which is the codec and bitrate used by many broadcasters to replace HDCam SR tape as their delivery format), or ~200Mbs DNXHD or ProRes. For high quality drama, UHD etc. then you'd expect bitrates higher than this to be used for master (or mezzanine?) delivery.
someone have opened the plastic box for take some picture of mainboard ?
thanks
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
Here are some photos:
https://fccid.io/document.php?id=3070094
(2016-10-17, 03:29)fab4272 Wrote: Any idea's when www.mi.com will be selling these again? Can't believe they have sold out after a couple days.

Mi Box. Back In Stock. - October 18th, 8am Pacific Time - Good luck =)

Wallmart in stock =)
(2016-10-17, 05:19)smitchell6879 Wrote: Agreed... I had bought a 128gb USB drive to add the the internal storage for apps and Kodi data only to find out at 4gb used on the USB mi box is 100 percent full and I can't do anything... Another know what I may be doing wrong.

Set it as adoptive storage in settings, which should then let you install whatever you want.
When plugging in the usb it asks to format to use as internal or use as removable. if I select removable I get the full 128 but I can't install an app or apk to it. and when I select reformat and use as internal I get the 4gb cap. I am not sure where the adaptive storage setting is.
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21