• 8(current)
Intel Apollo Lake
(2016-11-01, 18:11)Doktor-X Wrote: I think that biggest upgrade from previous version is support for 10bit hevc

yeah but as far as I understood only in Windows. Under Linux it is not yet implemented sadly.
@fritsch or others: correct me if I'm wrong.
I have also one question about the new Apollo Lake hardware. Is it HDMI2.0a capable, or not ? Or is that "automatically done" when they support HDR (which is I guess the the new a standard standing for ?)
Asrock J3455-ITX and J4205-ITX have HDMI 2.0 (60Hz) and HPCP 2.2 through an additional Chip onboard which converts DP 1.4 to HDMI 2.0

no HDMI 2.0 with 60Hz, only HDMI 1.4 with maximum 30Hz @ 4K:
J3455B-ITX + J3455M
J3355B-ITX + J3355M

You can check @ manual if their DP will make 60Hz (they should), then you can use an DP-> HDMI adapter, for example If you want to use a J3455M because of its PCI-E connectors

All Apollo Lake Boards have 10bit HEVC decoding
Thanks for the info, but that is about HDMI2.0. I knew already that J3455-ITX and J4205-ITX were 2.0 capable. I was wondering if they were also HDMI 2.0a capable which according to me has to do with HDR.

HPCP 2.2 is a copy protection, mostly used now for 4K content.
For example, if you buy a Denon receiver like the avrx2300w, or the Marantz NR1506, you know you get the HDMI 2.0a with High Dynamic Range possibilities.They mention this in their specifications. Or as they describe it:

Code:
the latest HDMI specifications, including 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Colour sub-sampling, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and 21:9 video, 3D, and BT.2020 pass-through support on every input.
Somebody checked play of 3D video (3D ISO, 3D MVC, Stereoscopic pairs)?
edit: all thing clear now
(2016-11-02, 12:53)DenisDA Wrote: Somebody checked play of 3D video (3D ISO, 3D MVC, Stereoscopic pairs)?

MVC MKV and MVC BD Iso works with the Kodiversion in this threat on Windows 10 without any further Intel-Driver-Settings. TV/Beamer shows framepacking.
(2016-11-02, 14:10)flyingernst Wrote:
(2016-11-02, 12:29)oempaloempa Wrote: Thanks for the info, but that is about HDMI2.0.

That was your Question:
(2016-11-02, 12:29)oempaloempa Wrote: Is it HDMI2.0a capable, or not ?

(2016-11-02, 12:29)oempaloempa Wrote: I knew already that J3455-ITX and J4205-ITX were 2.0 capable.
Then you should not have asked for it Cool

No.... I didn't ask for HDMI 2.0.... I asked for HDMI2.0a that is a newer version for HDMI 2.0 Blush

And no problem for the HPCP 2.2 part, I am also still learning Wink
Ok, I understand, we are fine again :-) HDMI 2.0a I cant answer...dont know
J3455-ITX has HDMI 2.0
Living Room: ASRock J3455 , 8GB RAM, Sandisk SSD 120GB, LibreELEC Testbuild,- Pioneer VSX-930 - Sony KD-65XD7505
Test HDR Setup: Bqeel M9Cmax (S905X 2GB RAM, 16G Flash) LibreElec HDR 10Bit Build Test6 from johngalt
R.I.P. DAD: 17.06.1952 - 21.01.2017
here build with latest ASoC drivers and blacklisted realtek module for get HD sound over HDMI (please test - Apollo Lake owners)

https://www.sendspace.com/file/ld7web

im also fixed and updated xorg-server for get working modesetting driver

if you want test modesetting
create file xorg.conf in /storage/.config/ or config over SMB and put this inside
Code:
Section "Device"
Identifier  "Device0"
Driver      "modesetting"
EndSection
That could improve GUI expirence ... or picture quality - let me know how works ....some feedback Wink
@ other please test same things with apollo lake Hardware:

Millhouse #1101:
- when you switch between Colorspaces in Kodi-System-Video-Menu: Does TV adapt to color space? (In my Case no)
- what is your AVR/TV receiving (in my Case RGB 4:4:4 8bit)
- play 10bit HEVC (in my case software decoding and stuttering)

piotrasd release form today:
- when you switch between Colorspaces in Kodi-System-Video-Menu: Does TV adapt to color space? (In my Case yes)
- what is your AVR/TV receiving (in my Case RGB 4:4:4 12bit)
- play 10bit HEVC (in my case hardware decoding but ant-wars in many colors)

Windows 10 with Kodi latest beta, Driver switched to full Color Space in all possible settings:
- when you switch between Colorspaces in Kodi-System-Video-Menu: Does TV adapt to color space? (In my Case yes)
- what is your AVR/TV receiving (in my Case RGB 4:4:4 8bit)
- play 10bit HEVC (in my case hardware decoding and normal picture, in some...releases... sometimes picture errors for a few seconds)

piotrasd/Millhouse:
- Audio synch to video off: play Video with ac3/dts Audio: passthrough to AVR working (in my case yes)
- Audio synch to video off: play Video with TrueHD/dtsHD Audio: passthrough to AVR working (in my case no)
- Audio synch to video on: play Video with ac3/dts Audio: passthrough to AVR working (in my case no, gets converted to LPCM how it should since the latest releases)
- Audio synch to video on: play Video with TrueHD/dtsHD Audio: passthrough to AVR working (in my case no, gets converted to LPCM how it should since the latest releases)

In my case most usefull solution in LibreElec (edited): deactivate audio passthrough completely
Can any of the Asrock owners confirm whether the M.2 slot is only for a BT/WiFi module (as mentioned in the manual), and not a SSD?

Otherwise, that would make it a nice NAS/mediaplayer combo...
@kurosu

from user manual : The M.2 socket does not support SATA M.2 SSDs.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Apollo Lake9