• 48(current)
Android Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use
alright i missunderstood you, thx!

but what settings are you using in kodi and system settings to get both 4k video 10bit and 7.1 hd passthrough to work great in external player ?
No worries. So, when you enable 'external player' in ZDMC, all it's doing is acting as the front-end to manage your movie/TV library (posters, fanart, metadata), while pushing the actual playback to the native/external player that has better PQ and can render 3D MVC. Plus 4K at 10-bit.

I'm unsure if you disable 'external player' and just use ZDMC (and its internal "dvdplayer") whether it can render 4K at 10-bit. It however can pass HD audio, but not 3D MVC like I said.

So, if you do settings like I have in the pictures in post #1, you will get the best PQ, AQ, 3D and 4K playback out of X8 and X9S. With 4K, HDR and color space, there are some issues that @wesk05 and others have mentioned that Zidoo needs to fix or improve, but generally leaving at 'Auto' works fairly well.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
So after a lot of troubleshooting I think I found what the problem is regarding my SMB access errors. As i mentioned I work work Windows servers on a daily basis so my network at home is a Windows domain. I have one domain controller and one file server. Before using the X8 I have never had any problems accessing my shares using my domain credentials from various devices. But with X8 I get "Unknown Error" in Media Center when browsing my file server using domain credential. ZDMC works but not Media Center Then I tried to access a share from one of my Windows 10 laptops which also is connected to my domain and got the same error. Luckily today I was helping a friend setup a new laptop HP Spectre 13 (what a piece of hardware) which is not part of my domain. So I created a share and I could access it right away. So then I created a local account on my file server and gave that user read rights on my shares and it works.
I am very happy I can finally use the X8, BUT I think there is a serious bug regarding accessing Windows shares using a domain account. I was lucky to have two servers where on the file server I could add local account. But for those who only have one server being used as a domain controller like Windows Small Business Server 2008, 2011 or Server 2012 Essentials you are unable to add a local computer account. Only domain accounts are being used.
@mirror88 I know you could not replicate my problems, but please setup a Windows Server with a domain and see if you can replicate it using domain credentials. I know that not many people have Windows domains at home, but some of us tech geeks might have it or maybe a company will buy your players. Anyway it needs to be resolved.

Have a nice weekend folks!!!
HT Room: Yamaha RX-A 3020, BenQ W1070, Intel KODI MVC laptop, Audiovector M3 Super 7.1
Living Room: Yamaha RX-V 771, Samsung UE75H6475, Intel KODI MVC laptop, Zidoo X8
(2016-10-26, 05:21)mirror88 Wrote:
(2016-10-23, 17:36)go45cvi Wrote: Anyone have solution for broken zoom in ZDMC? The picture gets squeezed instead of cropped.

Also, after "upgrading" to 1.2.4 HDMI in cannot record anymore... "Start HDMI in record failed", it writes 0 byte files. There is also no audio pass-through although the picture comes in fine.

Really starting to regret getting this box.
Do you set the "HDMI Rx Audio format" to RAW?
If yes,please set to PCM.

Ok thanks, HDMI record is working now.

No one else is having issue with zoom in zdmc? It changes the aspect ratio, does not crop.
(2016-11-19, 00:08)hdmkv Wrote: No worries. So, when you enable 'external player' in ZDMC, all it's doing is acting as the front-end to manage your movie/TV library (posters, fanart, metadata), while pushing the actual playback to the native/external player that has better PQ and can render 3D MVC. Plus 4K at 10-bit.

I'm unsure if you disable 'external player' and just use ZDMC (and its internal "dvdplayer") whether it can render 4K at 10-bit. It however can pass HD audio, but not 3D MVC like I said.

So, if you do settings like I have in the pictures in post #1, you will get the best PQ, AQ, 3D and 4K playback out of X8 and X9S. With 4K, HDR and color space, there are some issues that @wesk05 and others have mentioned that Zidoo needs to fix or improve, but generally leaving at 'Auto' works fairly well.

thx alot!
(2016-11-18, 03:46)movie78 Wrote: @mirror88
I unplug my device and after plugging it back in the LCD screen is indicating HELLO and the picture on my TV is GREEN.
Any Help?
Did you recover your X8? I have seen my X9S getting stuck on "Hello", but I have never seen "UP" on the display (your Zidoo forum post). I ended up registering on their forum to check "something of interest" that was posted there. That "something of interest" seems to be working!
(2016-11-20, 02:45)wesk05 Wrote:
(2016-11-18, 03:46)movie78 Wrote: @mirror88
I unplug my device and after plugging it back in the LCD screen is indicating HELLO and the picture on my TV is GREEN.
Any Help?
Did you recover your X8? I have seen my X9S getting stuck on "Hello", but I have never seen "UP" on the display (your Zidoo forum post). I ended up registering on their forum to check "something of interest" that was posted there. That "something of interest" seems to be working!

Still not working, try to do the recovery that why it stuck on the UP-- (updating) and now instead of green screen it is stuck on Zidoo boot logo.Sad

Working with Zidoo Tech support to find a solution.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Hi, about the zidoo products (e.g., X8, X9S), if I order in one Amazon Europe site, does it already brings the Europe plug standard instead the USA plug? Or the boxes contains also the plug power adapter for Europe, like an Apple product?

Thanks.
Im hoping there is a black friday sale on the X9S, anyone know if there will be? Looking to pick one up to replace my nvidia shield as a all in one 4K/Atmos and 3D MVC ISO player.

Just waiting for that sale to happen Smile
(2016-11-20, 17:22)KILLERNADS Wrote: Im hoping there is a black friday sale on the X9S, anyone know if there will be? Looking to pick one up to replace my nvidia shield as a all in one 4K/Atmos and 3D MVC ISO player.

Just waiting for that sale to happen Smile

You want to replace your Shield with it? I am debating right now what to buy. The Shield or the X9S.
What do you think would be the update? What will be the benefits?

Thanks for your opinion!
Hi,
I just bought X9S and overall I'm happy with it! I just have one issue with playing AAC 5.1 tracks, apparently they all play as stereo I use following file for testing http://www.mediafire.com/file/gcuqzvs6jq...giliya.mkv with both native and external player in ZDMC.
My receiver is Denon AVR-1312 https://usa.denon.com/us/product/homethe...rs/avr1312, and all other formats DTS, DTS-HD, TrueHD, AC3, etc. are working and played as 5.1 (mine amplifier show correct information on it's display).
Can anyone check as I see on spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...1727738151 that AAC should be played OK.

P.S.
I found that there is a same problem with Zidoo X6 Pro: http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/aac-audio.1157/

Thank you in advanced
(2016-11-20, 03:32)movie78 Wrote: Still not working, try to do the recovery that why it stuck on the UP-- (updating) and now instead of green screen it is stuck on Zidoo boot logo.Sad

Working with Zidoo Tech support to find a solution.
Oh man! I hope you can find a solution. Otherwise, Amazon is always there... Wink
(2016-11-20, 19:30)cobric Wrote: I just bought X9S and overall I'm happy with it! I just have one issue with playing AAC 5.1 tracks, apparently they all play as stereo

You have to select "Auto" under Realtek Audio settings. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2425640
Was expected this past week, but looks like new f/w is next week.

Quote:Version 1.2.7 of Zidoo X9S
Updatelist:

System:
1,A download tool aria2 added in OpenWrt system.
2,The brightness of VFD can be adjusted now in the setting of system.VFD stands for vacuum fluorescent display which is in the front panel.
3,3D library of skia been improved,subsequently scores of Antutu exceed 40000.
4,Green screen appears occasionally when play 3D movie, this issue has been fixed.
5,RAW out of sync when play some TrueHD and DTSHD HRA movies, this issue has been fixed.
6,After HDR playback exit,HDR status don't back to normal status, this issue has been fixed.
7,The setting of Force downmix audio can't be saved after restart the box,this issue has been fixed.

Launcher:
1,More tips added in the desktop interface.
2,The mouse cursor style changed into a better one.

Player:
1,The offset of subtitle will only valid for once.
2,AutoFrameswitch added 30fps and 60fps.
3,If the movie is paused,press the menu key will not resume the playback.
4,When searching the subtitles,the system will make it a priority to search the subtitles in default subtitle language setted in system advanced settings.The lower priority is system language.The lowest is English.
5,Removed Force SD audio setting.
6,Removed the auto-identify of MKV's MVC.(We now rewriting this part)
7,Bookmarking function is open as default.
8,Press OK to play from the beginning when resuming playback from bookmark.
9,3D playback tips added.

Filemanager:
1,Immediately sync after copy or delete.
2,A button to return to top added.
3,A wrong error report when add&remove the directory in Russian language fixed.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-11-20, 21:36)wesk05 Wrote:
(2016-11-20, 19:30)cobric Wrote: I just bought X9S and overall I'm happy with it! I just have one issue with playing AAC 5.1 tracks, apparently they all play as stereo

You have to select "Auto" under Realtek Audio settings. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2425640

Thanks for quick response, unfortunately I should mention that I'm using Optical output, due to lack of 4k support of my 4 year old AV Denon Receiver (only HDMI 1.4b). So HDMI goes directly to TV (2.0 -> 2.0), and optical output to receiver but S/PDIF output setting in audio options has only RAW or PCM 2 channel to select not auto Sad
Is there some other setting so that AAC will work through optical output?

Thanks again
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zidoo X9S (X-series) 4K HDR / 3D / HD Audio / ZDMC (Kodi fork): Review & Use8