• 95(current)
Release YouTube Plug-in Thread
Thanks!
Just a nice reminder for everyone, please always check posts #1, #2, and #3 on page #1 - sometimes we are not always up to date but we try to make our best efforts there.

Don't forget that even maintaining the forum here is a big commitment.

THANKS also to the other users that jump in here to help with various different issues Nod
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2016-11-23, 00:28)anxdpanic Wrote: @rodalpho: see post #1 'sudo apt-get install kodi-inputstream-mpd'
I appreciate that you're trying to help, but please read posts before responding to them.

@jmh2002: That (obviously) did not resolve my problem.
@rodalpho, apologies if you feel I didn't read your post. It was unclear which MPD package you were referring to installing, as well as mentioning Xenial which I'm not sure how it is related at all. As far as I am aware this comes from Kodi <-> inputstream.mpd <-> ffmpeg, but none of us are support for inputstream.mpd either.

The DASH button in the YouTube add-on is tied to the hasAddon for inputstream.mpd. It will be greyed out if that add-on is either not installed or disabled. Have you checked to see if the add-on is enabled here: Add-ons - Add-on Browser - My Add-ons - VideoPlayer InputStream ?
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
I just checked after reinstalling kodi-inputstream-mpd_1.2.14-1~xenial_amd64.deb from the unstable PPA and restarting Kodi and I don't see any addons named videoplayer anything.

My guess is that's because I'm runnning Yakkety and had to manually install the Xenial package-- that's what I was originally asking about. Does anyone have DASH working in Yakkety?
Ah, not sure myself then. Hopefully someone can help Smile

In Kodi 17 this is what you will be looking for (for future reference as well)

Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
Aha!

The addon is called "InputStream MPEG DASH", not "VideoPlayer InputStream". It was installed but not enabled.

Works great now! Amazing to have 1080p video in the YouTube addon again after so many years.
Really good work continuing here, thanks for the support and releases...

I do have a little question if I may though.
Using all the recent addons with DASH, with Kodi set to switch to resolution/refresh rate to match video obviously there is a few seconds of blank screen when the display device changes which can't be avoided.

But I'm noticing a few seconds after this another blanking of the screen for a few seconds before the video then continues to play.
I'm assuming this (and from looking at the video stream info it confirms it) is changing streams to match bandwidth of connection.

Would it be possible to have it so the bandwidth is not "tested" every time a video is played as inevitably we are talking about 10-12 seconds from selecting a video to where it is actually playing properly. There is also a few seconds of silence after that change of resolution where sound is muted as the audio system establishes a new handshake etc too.

Not complaining here by any stretch so I do hope it doesn't sound like that but maybe there's a way to avoid this situation as on the 2nd video change there's no possibility to pause the video to allow it to carry on where the change took place,

Thanks again for the great work.
hi,
i'm on libreelec kodi 17 with youtube 5.3.4 plus acitvated inputstream.mpd, my problem is that i can't watch youtube live without buffering. "normal" youtube videos are no problem.

anyone an advice?

thx
Guys help me please. There is no inputstream.mpd add-on in the "LibreELEC Add-ons repository". How can I install it?Dash in the youtube app is not activated(grey)
thanks
(2016-11-24, 16:59)Art0s Wrote: Guys help me please. There is no inputstream.mpd add-on in the "LibreELEC Add-ons repository". How can I install it?Dash in the youtube app is not activated(grey)
thanks

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2461707

Blush
(2016-11-24, 17:20)heinzgruber Wrote:
(2016-11-24, 16:59)Art0s Wrote: Guys help me please. There is no inputstream.mpd add-on in the "LibreELEC Add-ons repository". How can I install it?Dash in the youtube app is not activated(grey)
thanks

Blush

nope,there is not also
(2016-11-24, 17:23)Art0s Wrote:
(2016-11-24, 17:20)heinzgruber Wrote:
thanks

Blush

nope,there is not also

What version of Kodi are you running?

Jeff
(2016-11-24, 18:48)jdf76 Wrote:
(2016-11-24, 17:23)Art0s Wrote:
(2016-11-24, 17:20)heinzgruber Wrote: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2461707

Blush

nope,there is not also

Jeff

16, Jarvis
(2016-11-24, 18:54)Art0s Wrote:
(2016-11-24, 18:48)jdf76 Wrote:
(2016-11-24, 17:23)Art0s Wrote: nope,there is not also

Jeff

16, Jarvis

Inputstream is only available on Krypton.

Sorry.

Jeff
  • 95(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube Plug-in Thread12