• 64(current)
Mod Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]
For those of us using SPMC which still runs Kodi 16, is it possible to remove the dialog that shows on startup about it being final release?
(2016-12-17, 15:36)Nekromantik Wrote: For those of us using SPMC which still runs Kodi 16, is it possible to remove the dialog that shows on startup about it being final release?

Here you go: @osberg - To disable the Dormer Update Notification simply go to Settings -> Appearance -> Extra -> Turn off From Ashes (Dormer) Notice. --- I asked for the same thing earlier Smile
(2016-12-17, 08:34)Guardian Hope Wrote:
(2016-12-16, 15:36)osberg Wrote: Sure no problem in that, those smalls "bugs" I have seen so far is not a issue for me. Smile So I can easily wait for a later version that will get new features and design...

Like I sad before I think all of your is doing a great job here. so thumbs up from here...

but related to my side question about that my picture freeezes any ideas here?? or does anybody knows of a client that work with tvheadend backend server? Smile And might be a bit more stable here?? Smile

Thank you for your understanding about the little issues - we want to get the big things hammered down first before circling back around Smile

To be honest, I am not sure about the picture freezing. I don't personally use PVR in Kodi but some of the users here do so perhaps one can maybe lend some help.

If Project Erso goes as planned, PVR will be getting a makeover of a lifetime to support something compatible with M-Cards but until Project Erso's logistical stuff is worked out, I can't really discuss it. It'll get a makeover either way with For Another Age but how deep it goes will really depend on whether Erso gets off the ground.

I use a Samsung 4K Smart SUHD TV (actually, I have several of them; one of the reasons that Caitlin Snow will get 4K suitable textures as while 1080p looks adequate with upscaling it would be better to support 4K native; I'm not even certain if Kodi can do that yet) but the only time I encounter 'picture freezing' is either due to network load (I have multiple Ubuqiti routers and switches to push a Gigabit home connection but my LAN is pushing Terabytes a day so there are times of congestion) or in the case of my Mac, system load (it's old; it's a mid-2010 13" Core 2 Duo 2.66GHs with the 320M).

Those are the only reasons I can think of for 'picture freezing' - network congestion or system load as Kodi has the codecs built in (it's a point of contention for me to not have finite control through K-Lite Codec Mega Pack like with WMC pre-Windows 10 but I've gotten used to it as Team Kodi seems to have done a great job).

(2016-12-15, 20:08)smitchell6879 Wrote: What would a commercial application be that would use kodi? I am just curious...how kodi would fit into retail purposes.

Kodi is used in commercial purposes quite often. Think of all of those boxes that run Kodi (like those you can buy from OSMC, etc.). However, when 'commercial application' is defined here it really means 'hey, if you're going to put this in a commercial product you need to let us know because all those people are going to seek help from us and not you.' Since GPL licenses scare away most commercial companies who will then seek to pay for an alternative license, their payment can then be donated for example to the XMBC Foundation which makes Kodi.

The move from LGPL to AGPL is also to allow contributors more rights and recognition for their work. It also has to do with Erso and the Caitlin Snow branch. It's also another way to go after any potential 'piracy box' sellers that try to use AZ:FA.

Like I said, there's a lot going on with the From Ashes Project for 2017.

Of course, it's also important to remember that Dormer's license won't change: it will be LGPLv3 as it's reached End of Life. Danvers BETA 6 or later and Caitlin Snow will be AGPLv3.

Sure of course you need to get this big things fixed first of all... I speed the laste 10 years testing software for fiber CPE, routers for ISP. so I do get you here, and like I sad no rush from my side Smile

About the picture freezing, I found that this was caused by missing mpeg2 codec. Smile

But are truly looking forward to see the version 17 running on my OSMC with a updated skin from your end.... Great work.. Smile
(2016-12-17, 15:36)Nekromantik Wrote: For those of us using SPMC which still runs Kodi 16, is it possible to remove the dialog that shows on startup about it being final release?

@Nekromantik

Please go to Settings > Skin Settings > Extra > Disable Dormer Notification.

Was there no phrase included in the Dormer notice that the notification could be turned off in Skin Settings? If not, Dormer is going to have another hotfix to add that statement in. Said update wouldn't be until after Danvers Preview BETA 6.
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes
The New Arctic Zephyr: Exploded Experience for Kodi Jarvis
Arctic Zephyr: Generations - Coming Soon
(2016-12-17, 08:56)Guardian Hope Wrote:
(2016-12-16, 10:58)buxtonlad Wrote: Hi. I'm running your latest alpha on my Nvidia shield however also run the latest Kodi nightly. I'm getting white dialogue boxes which means you cannot see any selections on the menu. Reinstalling to an older nightly sorts this but didn't know if it will affect your skin? Hope that makes sense?

It will have to be investigated further. I know what you're talking about and usually when that happens it means you have a version of AZ:FA that doesn't contain the texture packages. Assuming you meant 'beta' and not 'alpha,' I don't think a Danvers release left out a texture package. It'll be something that will be looked into going forward. From my understanding, the nightlies now show Kodi as version 18; at least someone told me that?

It's possible there was a bug in the nightly or their was a change that will need to be addressed but BETA 6 won't fix it; it's only going to restore icons that have been missing since the font changes in Danvers.

I want the team to have the holidays to themselves to spend with their family and once I get BETA 6 out the door there won't be any updates until 2017 with hopefully the first Release Candidate (or BETA 7).

Hi. Thanks for your reply.

I've just tried a nightly which appears as Kodi 17 RC. All working perfectly well now on this version. You were right I was on the preview 5 build. Keep up your excellent work and merry Christmas.
Anyway to make custom background wallpapers stretch to the screen size? Using Jarvis (SPMC)
Hi folks,

New to Kodi (using Emby for Kodi) and this skin was recommended to me over on the Emby forum. I could use some help getting it installed. My newbiness is showing; apologies. I read the first page instructions:

(EDIT: See below... I hadn't properly installed the Northbridge add-on... bit the process was a bit different than on page 1)

(I deleted a bunch of Newbie frustration)

OK, got Northbridge Repository installed (for anyone wondering how, you need to use the Home Page Add-Ons on the side, there's no way to do it from the Add-On Settings, which confused me), and now I see the Danvers preview when I go into my skin choices. Turns out I didn't need to install the skin itself as an add-on per se; it was installed apparently when I installed the Northbridge repository and was just there waiting for me.

Thank you!
Is there a way to enable the cursor? I love the skin, but not being able to see the cursor kind of freaks me out and will likely mess up the WAF.

My home theater is controlled via a small keyboard with trackmouse; it's all point and click for me.
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes (Danvers) for Kodi 17 Krypton
"Danvers Christmas Update" - Danvers Preview BETA 6

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all and to all a good night! With 24 hours to go to Christmas I am pleased to announce that the final update to Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes Danvers, Preview BETA 6 will be available to download this Christmas Eve. Over the next 2-24 hours, both the NBD Repo and the Emby Beta Repo will receive the gift of Danvers Preview BETA 6.

So what has changed in the final update of the year? Well, I'm glad you asked!

Code:
]Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes Danvers "Christmas Update/Beta 6 Preview Update" - Released December 24, 2016[/B]
Danvers: 4.9.91-beta6 (4.9.91-beta6_danvers)

ARCTIC ZEPHYR: FROM ASHES ANNIVERSARY EDITION (CODENAMED "DANVERS") IS PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE DESIGNED FOR A PRE-RELEASE VERSION OF KODI. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT ALL FEATURES WILL WORK. PLEASE LET US KNOW OF ANY ISSUES YOU RUN INTO. THIS SKIN IS NOW AVAILABLE IN THE NORTHEBRIDGE BY DESIGN(R) REPOSITORY, EMBY BETA REPOSITORY, GITHUB, OR VIA DIRECT ZIP FILE DOWNLOAD ONLY.

Resolved Issue: Missing Font Icons
License Change from LGPLv3 to AGPLv3
Danvers Preview Notice Updated

Danvers Preview Beta 6 will be the last update of the year and is being released to the update origin. In 2017, Danvers Preview Beta 7 will introduce new features such as Dolby Atmos flagging support and nailing down outstanding feature requests. It will also introduce the For Another Age Quick Start Waypoint, the From Ashes Knowledge Base, and the long awaited proper milestone and bug tracking through JIRA so we can make sure all the feature requests from the start of From Ashes Danvers are released. And the updated Caitlin Snow home screen (For Another Age) will be previewed for the first time.

So in old time Christmas tradition, get your list of feature requests, check it twice, and be ready to submit it for Beta 7 which will hopefully turn into Release Candidate 1.

In the meantime, merry Christmas, happy holidays, and we'll see you all in the New Year's.

Remember, NBD Repo 2.0 and Emby Beta Repo will have the update for you this Christmas Eve. GitHub will be silently updated for those that get it that way and those that download the zip - well, our naming conventions haven't changed in a year.
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes (Danvers) for Kodi 17 Krypton
Beta 6 Preview Christmas Day Update"

This post is a correction of the previous update post

Merry Christmas everyone and to all a good night. Today brings the release of Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes Danvers (Preview) BETA 6 for Kodi Krypton. Beta 6 introduces a lot more features than originally noted. Remember that the license for AZ:FA has changed from LGPLv3 with a non-commercial statement to AGPLv3 with a non-commercial statement. More information about this will be made available soon.

Although this is the last release of the year, more information about the released will be detailed near the very end of the year; for now we wanted to get this into your hands before Christmas. As such, Beta 6 is immediately available in the NBD Repo 2.0 and Emby Beta Repo. You can also get the source from GitHub (and maybe help contribute). It may take a few hours to propagate across the two repositories.

NortheBridge by Design Repository 2.0: https://embycdn.northebridge.com/Natalie...2.0.00.zip
Enterprise CDN Download: https://embycdn.northebridge.com/AZFA/da...-beta6.zip
GitHub: https://github.com/NortheBridge/skin.arc...9.92-beta6
Available in the Emby Beta Repository

Changelog:
Code:
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes Danvers "Beta 6 Preview Christmas Day Update" - Released December, 25, 2016
Danvers: 4.9.92-beta6 (4.9.92-beta6_danvers)

ARCTIC ZEPHYR: FROM ASHES ANNIVERSARY EDITION (CODENAMED "DANVERS") IS PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE DESIGNED FOR A PRE-RELEASE VERSION OF KODI. THERE IS NO GUARNTEE THAT ALL FEATURES WILL WORK. PLEASE LET US KNOW OF ANY ISSUES YOU RUN INTO. THIS SKIN IS NOW AVAILABLE IN THE NORTHEBRIDGE BY DESIGN(R) REPOSITORY, EMBY BETA REPOSITORY, GITHUB, OR VIA DIRECT ZIP FILE DOWNLOAD ONLY.

AGPLv3 License Scheme (changed from LGPLv3)
Addon Framework Update to Danvers 4.9.92
Texture Package Update to Danvers 4.9.92
Resolved Issue: Missing Fonts
Added new InfoWall View - Episodes
Changed InfoWall to left/right plot block
Fixed DialogContextMenu not displaying correctly
Added Kodi Privacy Policy to SystemInfo Window
Upgraded SmartPlaylist Editor to Kodi17 requirements
Fixed Hubs in "override.xml"
Removed Hubs Category in SkinSettings ( no longer needed )
Fixed Home Widgets plot text not scrolling.
Added Animated FanArt to "FlipMusicInfo" Visualization
Added Gradient Background ( lower portion ) to "FlipMusicInfo" Visualization
Minor Changes
(2016-12-10, 13:41)osberg Wrote: Hi Guardian, Smile

First of all great skin you have made here... Smile This so far the only skin I have found there can show my plex dir on my home screen. I have tried a lof of others skin but no one has had this option to choose plex dirs directly. Smile

But I have the same issue as many others in here, and there might be a solution to the problem where my raspberry pi running openelec 7.0.3 BETA with Kodi. and when I install your skin Arctic Zephyr: version AZ:FA 3.4.30 From Ashes for jarvis 16.1 kodi, that when I reboot my raspberry pi 3 it just keeps looping.

The only thing I can do here is to reinstall my openelec.

What option do I got here?? Has this issue been fixed or? Smile Is there something I can help with if the issue has not been fixed?? Smile
I have same problem, any solution?
hi,

just updated to beta 6.
Though still seems to be an issue with the fonts since I get squares instead of icons. any suggestions?
Posters are still not fitting into cases when those are activated.

Gesendet von meinem LG-D855 mit Tapatalk
(2016-12-25, 17:08)MayCry Wrote:
(2016-12-10, 13:41)osberg Wrote: Hi Guardian, Smile

First of all great skin you have made here... Smile This so far the only skin I have found there can show my plex dir on my home screen. I have tried a lof of others skin but no one has had this option to choose plex dirs directly. Smile

But I have the same issue as many others in here, and there might be a solution to the problem where my raspberry pi running openelec 7.0.3 BETA with Kodi. and when I install your skin Arctic Zephyr: version AZ:FA 3.4.30 From Ashes for jarvis 16.1 kodi, that when I reboot my raspberry pi 3 it just keeps looping.

The only thing I can do here is to reinstall my openelec.

What option do I got here?? Has this issue been fixed or? Smile Is there something I can help with if the issue has not been fixed?? Smile
I have same problem, any solution?

Well i changed to OSMC instead and that did it for me.
(2016-12-25, 20:31)SuperDOS Wrote: hi,

just updated to beta 6.
Though still seems to be an issue with the fonts since I get squares instead of icons. any suggestions?

Same here, thought it was just me! Wink
  • 64(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]7