• 50(current)
Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi
Hi guys, I had everything working perfectly with Heroku, but while making the switch to AWS I'm having issues. I can get Alexa to navigate and select within Kodi, but whenever I ask her to play any specific movie, tv show, or song, she response with the same thing. For example:

"tell media center to play season 1 episode 1 of seinfeld"

Lambda Response:

{
"version": "1.0",
"response": {
"outputSpeech": {
"type": "PlainText",
"text": "You can ask me whether there are any new shows, to play a movie, tv show, or artist, or control playback of media."

EDIT: After a couple more hours of troubleshooting I figured it out. Have a Happy New Year!
Video 
Big update coming soon. Will have German translation, session management (keep navigating without having to invoke the session every time and eventually confirmations on lower percentage hits), and eventually full support for streaming audio from your library to your Echo:

(2016-12-29, 16:29)Eamonn3 Wrote: Hi,

Awesome skill! I can't wait to get it working properly.

I managed to get this up and running to some extent. I'm happy that the Echo Dot communicates to my Kodi because I can ask it to move left, select, go back and Kodi behaves as commanded. But when I ask Alexa to tell Kodi to play a random movie, play Die Hard, or play season 1, episode 1 of Westworld it does nothing. Any ideas? I'm stumped.

When I ask it to play Deadpool in the Amazon test area I get:

{
"reprompt": {
"text": " "
}
},
"shouldEndSession": true
},
"sessionAttributes": {}
}

When I ask it to play season 1 episode 1 of Westworld I get:

"text": "Playback is stopped."
},
"card": {
"content": "Playback is stopped.",
"title": "Time left on currently playing item",
"type": "Simple"
},
"reprompt": {
"text": " "
}
},
},
}

Both are defined in the slots. I'm using Exodus through the Simplicity build for Kodi. Is there a specific addon program I need to get the rest of the Skill to work on Kodi?

Pretty sure this doesn't work with streaming add ons (which are illegal anyway and not supported here)

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-12-29, 18:26)Eamonn3 Wrote:
(2016-12-29, 16:35)danmedhurst Wrote: I got mine working, i had set up the skill to English (US).. changing it to English (UK) works perfectly Smile

(2016-12-29, 16:36)shteve Wrote: Can you play any of your own local content? I very much doubt you'll get much help here getting it to work via a piracy addon.

(2016-12-29, 16:38)jingai Wrote: Exodus is a banned addon and I will not provide support for it.

I didn't realise Exodus was a banned app, and if it is then my apologies for mentioning it. Not supporting it is understandable if it is classed as pirate software. Boo-erns to me.
I haven't tried this skill with local content because I don't have anything stored locally. I don't see the point when a 360MB internet connection costs me 40 euro per month. So all my entertainment content is streamed online.
My understanding of this skill might have been thwarted from the start then. So just to clarify, can you tell me if this statement is correct: This Skill is not suitable for streaming online content through Kodi, and needs to be used with locally stored content... Even if it is from a legal paid Addon service like FilmOn, Netflix or iVue?

All your content is streamed online illegally though.

How could you not see that Exodus would be illegal as you are not paying for the premium content you are receiving.

Sent from my iPhone
Ignore this post. Can a mod delete it please?

Thank you.
(2016-12-31, 20:59)m0ngr31 Wrote: Big update coming soon. Will have German translation, session management (keep navigating without having to invoke the session every time and eventually confirmations on lower percentage hits), and eventually full support for streaming audio from your library to your Echo:

Streaming music to alexa speaker - brilliant, can't wait, if u need testers let me know....
QNAP TS670 NAS - 4x4TB Raided with NFS Support & Central MySQL DB
Pi 3 [Xbian] - Samsung 46" ES7000 Smart TV & HT-E5550 3D BD Sound System
Pi 3 [Xbian]  + Hyperion Ambilight- Samsung 48" Curved UE48JS9000 4k
PowerEthernet T1502 Powerline adapters
Great work on this! I just got my Amazon Dot for Christmas and have already integrated it with my Vera home automation system. I spent some time getting it set up following the instructions here:

http://www.howtogeek.com/249336/how-to-c...azon-echo/

I had great trouble trying to get the deployment to AWS to work with signature timeouts but finally fixed it by moving my local machine clock forward by 5 minutes even though it was originally correct and synced with a time server. Go figure!

I'm now having trouble with "Alexa, ask the media centre to play random songs" which sits doing nothing for 30 seconds then says it's starting party mode but nothing happens. Looking in the Kodi log files I found...

Code:
10:16:14 T:139804961732352   ERROR: WebServer: Stopped uploading post since it exceeded size limitations
10:16:14 T:139804961732352   ERROR: Previous line repeats 65 times.
10:16:14 T:139804961732352   ERROR: JSONRPC: Failed to parse '{"params": {"item": [{"songid": 34464}, {"songid": 36302}, {"...

looking into the code, it looks like it tried to get all of my 5000+ songs and form them into a single JSONRPC request which timed out. I tried to modify the code (def alexa_party_play(slots): in wsgi.py) to use the partymode RPC call mentioned in the post below

https://www.reddit.com/r/xbmc/comments/1...dom_order/

but it completely broke and not having used Python before I gave up. Any chance someone could code a fix that works?

Many thanks.
First off let me thank m0ngr31. This is Friggin AWESOME.
I got it running yesterday with LAMBDA on the AWS servers.

My question for anyone that knows is, how do I go about updating the existing LAMBDA function?
For testing I decided to use a changing public IP address... I want to change the IP to a DDNS address using https://www.dynu.com/ or whatnot.

Is there a simple way to update my EXISTING Lambda function?

TIA
(2017-01-01, 16:48)helmhound Wrote: First off let me thank m0ngr31. This is Friggin AWESOME.
I got it running yesterday with LAMBDA on the AWS servers.

My question for anyone that knows is, how do I go about updating the existing LAMBDA function?
For testing I decided to use a changing public IP address... I want to change the IP to a DDNS address using https://www.dynu.com/ or whatnot.

Is there a simple way to update my EXISTING Lambda function?

TIA

Yes, make any changes u need to the .env file, then re run the 2nd compile command, thats all u need to do (at least thats what I did to update the port)

C:\Python27\Scripts\lambda-deploy.exe deploy
@jingai
cheers - ive tried that and submitted feedback to amazon. i got an email and then a phone call - they are going to get back to me but not hopeful. in the meantime i thought id share my bodge.....

prerequisites
android phone
yonomi
tasker
notification watch for tasker

add event in tasker/plugin /notification watch for tasker
in config - watch notifications from yonomi
with the following text in text - itv
save and click back
new task / click+ / net / http get
server port - username:password@youripaddressofkodiwebserver:portnumber
path - /jsonrpc?request={%22jsonrpc%22:%222.0%22,%22id%22:1,%22method%22:%22Addons.ExecuteAddon%22%20,%22params%22:{%22addonid%22:%22plugin.video.plugin.video.itv%22,%22params%22:{}}}

this is for itv player plugin
if you browse to your samba share and into userdata/addon_data you will find the names there.

click back

in yonomi create a new routine called itv for example
add action - notification - change the value to itv
this sends the text itv to tasker should see it and run the http get.save etc
the last thing is to go to alexa app and discover devices - you should see the yonomi routine......
saying to alexa - turn on itv should run it......

I know its a bodge but works for the time being.......is there away to turn off how kodi remembers your traversing through menus etc? i did think about doing multiple http posts through an add on ie : input.down / input.right / input.select but when you browse it screws it up.......
forgot to say - happy new year everyone Smile
@m0ngr31 - Question re playlists Smile

Been testing the skill via the AWS page to try and get it to play audio playlists.

Inside Kodi, if you create a playlist and save it, it saves it under playlists\music\NameOfPlaylist.m3u (KODI automatically puts the m3u extension on the file)

However, using the command "Ask Kodi to play music playlist NameOfPlaylist" fails. If i rename the playlist file and remove the m3u (via putty), then the "ask" command works (although the playlist doesn't actually start playing on Kodi)
please help im pulling my hair out

firstly thanks for this amazing skill much appreciated and Happy New Year!!!

I seem for to some functionality with this skill. I am able to use the stop and play commands with alexa and i can successfully play a movie (alexa ask kodi to play movie Avatar ect)

However i am unable to specify any TV shows (alexa ask kodi to play season 1 episode 1 of Homeland) i get i do not know how to help you with that.

also if i type the same command into the amazon service test it seams to invoke watch latest episode??

Service Request "session": {
"sessionId": "SessionId.f78a6b************4ce9a1c50c40",
"application": {
"applicationId": "amzn1.ask.skill.**********************a42a1b8"
},
"attributes": {},
"user": {
"userId": "amzn1.ask.account.AEYX5Y***************************************T4L3C66C"
},
"new": true
},
"request": {
"type": "IntentRequest",
"requestId": "EdwRequestId.813978f0-674c-4743-8eb7-2b93fc7923fc",
"locale": "en-GB",
"timestamp": "2017-01-02T11:34:57Z",
"intent": {
"name": "WatchLatestEpisode",
"slots": {
"Show": {
"name": "Show",
"value": "homeland"
}
}
}
},
"version": "1.0"
}

RESPONCE

{
"text": "Playing season 1 episode 6 of homeland"
},
"card": {
"content": "Playing season 1 episode 6 of homeland",
"title": "Playing the newest episode of homeland",
"type": "Simple"
},
},
}

any help i would be greatfull

thanks
(2017-01-01, 14:03)ConstantSphere Wrote: I'm now having trouble with "Alexa, ask the media centre to play random songs" which sits doing nothing for 30 seconds then says it's starting party mode but nothing happens. Looking in the Kodi log files I found...

Code:
10:16:14 T:139804961732352   ERROR: WebServer: Stopped uploading post since it exceeded size limitations
10:16:14 T:139804961732352   ERROR: Previous line repeats 65 times.
10:16:14 T:139804961732352   ERROR: JSONRPC: Failed to parse '{"params": {"item": [{"songid": 34464}, {"songid": 36302}, {"...

looking into the code, it looks like it tried to get all of my 5000+ songs and form them into a single JSONRPC request which timed out. I tried to modify the code (def alexa_party_play(slots): in wsgi.py) to use the partymode RPC call mentioned in the post below

This is a known issue and will be addressed soon.
(2017-01-02, 12:56)nsviper Wrote: @m0ngr31 - Question re playlists Smile

Been testing the skill via the AWS page to try and get it to play audio playlists.

Inside Kodi, if you create a playlist and save it, it saves it under playlists\music\NameOfPlaylist.m3u (KODI automatically puts the m3u extension on the file)

However, using the command "Ask Kodi to play music playlist NameOfPlaylist" fails. If i rename the playlist file and remove the m3u (via putty), then the "ask" command works (although the playlist doesn't actually start playing on Kodi)

Don't rename the file. Add it to your MUSICPLAYLISTS slot without the extension though, and try again.

It's supposed to send the literal string if it can't match to an entry in the slot.. but for some reason it doesn't seem to be doing that atm..
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi15