• 25(current)
Mod ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH)
Thank you Funkd for taking the time to make a scope Aeon nox!

Can you please help me? What did I do wrong?

I am getting an error over and over again when I try to install this add-on from the zip file with a message
at the bottom right hand side of the screen saying "Dependancies not met - please contact the addon developer" or
something like that.

Here is my kodi.log and the screen shot of the error:

Log file for Kodi - kodi.log
Video 
Funkd,

I registered here just to say Thank-you for your hard work! I invested about 30K in a new theater setup with a 2.35 screen and didn't fully understand what I was getting into. My PJ does not have powered zoom so I was always manually adjusting for 16:9 movies while trying to explain aspect ratio's to guests, lol. I use an Nvidia shield running the SPMC fork of Kodi (for Atmos support) and ScopeNox as my skin now. It's made all the difference in this setup and reduced my work to 0. Your work is TRULY appreciated. Where can I donate for your efforts?

Does this skin automatically show the movie "covers" when you go to display your movies or does it show a random "fan art" for each image
for each movie?

I have used the Aeon Nox (non scope version) and right after installation, the default is to show "fan art" for each image to display each movie under when you select
the "Movie" menu.
(2016-07-13, 03:36)HTFanatic Wrote: Thank you Funkd for taking the time to make a scope Aeon nox!

I am getting an error over and over again when I try to install this add-on from the zip file with a message
at the bottom right hand side of the screen saying "Dependancies not met - please contact the addon developer" or
something like that.

I see you are running Kodi v15. Could you update to 16? The latest skin is made for 16. I must take a look at getting the versioning done properly!

Regarding the covers, depends on the view. There are views which show covers, others show fanart. Some will show the fanart in the background when you select a movie cover.
(2016-07-13, 17:24)TeRRifiC Wrote: Funkd,

I registered here just to say Thank-you for your hard work! I invested about 30K in a new theater setup with a 2.35 screen and didn't fully understand what I was getting into. My PJ does not have powered zoom so I was always manually adjusting for 16:9 movies while trying to explain aspect ratio's to guests, lol. I use an Nvidia shield running the SPMC fork of Kodi (for Atmos support) and ScopeNox as my skin now. It's made all the difference in this setup and reduced my work to 0. Your work is TRULY appreciated. Where can I donate for your efforts?

Hi TeRRifiC,
No problem Smile There is a donate button on the first post of this thread, don't feel like you have to though! I started out doing this as I liked the Nox skin but it was a pain when the GUI spilled out over the screen and, as you say, people would be wondering why and you'd have to explain. It kinda took away some of the wow factor, so I decided to tackle the problem myself. Your setup is fantastic! The lighting around the screen really sets it off. I've been meaning to add something like that to my own room but haven't got around to it yet. Nice work!
(2016-07-14, 00:40)Funkd Wrote:
(2016-07-13, 03:36)HTFanatic Wrote: Thank you Funkd for taking the time to make a scope Aeon nox!

something like that.

I see you are running Kodi v15. Could you update to 16? The latest skin is made for 16. I must take a look at getting the versioning done properly!

Regarding the covers, depends on the view. There are views which show covers, others show fanart. Some will show the fanart in the background when you select a movie cover.

Thank you for the quick response.
You were 100% correct of course.
I am new to Kodi so I apologize for my nieve skills with it.
Updgrading to 16.1 Jarvis worked.

Here is just one other question. I know that there are plenty of settings in this skin to adjust but I was wondering what if there are changes
in the settings where I can change my current setup. My "Movies" thumbnails look like they are all "fan art" instead of the official Movie thumbnail that is on the cover of the DVD when you buy them. How can I change the "Movie" thumbnails to show the official image for the Movies? Below is a video of what I am referring to

https://youtu.be/MNjeFylmVTw
(2016-07-14, 03:45)HTFanatic Wrote: Thank you for the quick response.
You were 100% correct of course.
I am new to Kodi so I apologize for my nieve skills with it.
Updgrading to 16.1 Jarvis worked.

Here is just one other question. I know that there are plenty of settings in this skin to adjust but I was wondering what if there are changes
in the settings where I can change my current setup. My "Movies" thumbnails look like they are all "fan art" instead of the official Movie thumbnail that is on the cover of the DVD when you buy them. How can I change the "Movie" thumbnails to show the official image for the Movies? Below is a video of what I am referring to

https://youtu.be/MNjeFylmVTw

Hi,
Thats that particular view. You can switch to other views which will have the cover art you are looking for. You need to bring up the side menu, then change the view. To bring up the side menu from that fan art view you press up I think.

From wiki :

You can bring up the sidebar menu either by:
Quote: bringing the mouse cursor to the left side.
pressing the ← key, when browsing Files.
pressing the ← key, when browsing the library views List, Big List, Thumbnail, Media info, Media info 2 and Media info 3.
pressing the ↑ key, when browsing the library views Poster wrap and Fanart.
Justed signed up on here so I can post messages (can't pm Funkd yet)

I've been tweeking this skin so it suits me more, I've fixed a few items that were partially off screen when the bars are activated and made a start on reducing the font sizes used because the text is far too big on my screen and I wondered if anyone especially Funkd would be interested ?

I'll be honest there are bits of the skin I won't work on such as any pages to do with music videos and playing music because I never use those features.

My main interest is watching movies and tv programs on my screen.
Any chance this can be updated for krypton?
Is there any continued development on this skin? Hope so. @Wookiee - how about you? I'd be happy to check out your recent mod(s)and provide feedback.

I am using with Nvidia Shield TV. The ScopeNox tools do not work and unable to use the zoom buttons or subtitle adjustments (error message appears). I think it is because the HTTPS service on the Shield (that runs on Android Marshmallow) is listening on port 8080 (and cannot be changed to port 80). Could someone confirm this will be the reason ... and can someone update the package to also listen on 8080 (or add an option to stipulate the port number under a settings option).

Also ... Dolby TrueHD or Atmos logos do not appear for movie files using these codec's (even when filename includes the codec tag). Would be nice to see these logos appear, as they do for DTS-HD.
(SORRY - double post. Refer to above. I don't seem to be able to delete this one) .. Can this be updated to work on port 8080 also? Is a great feature that I relied on until I upgraded to the Nvidea Shield TV that is on Android and the Kodi HTTP listening port defaults to 8080. Does not allow reset to port 80 (you can change it, but the services fails to start). I believe port 80 is blocked on unrooted Android devices.
(2016-12-28, 12:09)Wookiee Wrote: Justed signed up on here so I can post messages (can't pm Funkd yet)

I've been tweeking this skin so it suits me more, I've fixed a few items that were partially off screen when the bars are activated and made a start on reducing the font sizes used because the text is far too big on my screen and I wondered if anyone especially Funkd would be interested ?

I'll be honest there are bits of the skin I won't work on such as any pages to do with music videos and playing music because I never use those features.

Hey, I'd been interested to know what parts you have changed. I can add your changes in with mine if you want to send them on.

(2016-12-31, 22:44)grimmace92 Wrote: Any chance this can be updated for krypton?

Yeah will get to that soon. Have been busy the last while with other things but I'll try and get this sorted soon!

(2017-01-05, 04:37)jmulvaney Wrote: Is there any continued development on this skin? Hope so. @Wookiee - how about you? I'd be happy to check out your recent mod(s)and provide feedback.

I am using with Nvidia Shield TV. The ScopeNox tools do not work and unable to use the zoom buttons or subtitle adjustments (error message appears). I think it is because the HTTPS service on the Shield (that runs on Android Marshmallow) is listening on port 8080 (and cannot be changed to port 80). Could someone confirm this will be the reason ... and can someone update the package to also listen on 8080 (or add an option to stipulate the port number under a settings option).

Also ... Dolby TrueHD or Atmos logos do not appear for movie files using these codec's (even when filename includes the codec tag). Would be nice to see these logos appear, as they do for DTS-HD.

Yep I'm hoping to get back to fixing some things shortly. The tools are hit and miss, it was an experimental thing but I can take a look and change the port for you to try. Regarding the logos I need to check if the skin has those there already. If not I'll look into adding them.
(2017-01-05, 14:21)Funkd Wrote: Hey, I'd been interested to know what parts you have changed. I can add your changes in with mine if you want to send them on.
Off the top of my head the mute icon was off the top and into the black bars, also the list of recordings in the live tv was going into both the top and bottom bars, I've altered other bits but without looking at the comments I put in the files documenting my changes I can't remember.

Give me a few days and I'll post again with a list of the changes I've made so far life is far too hectic at the moment. Also if Funk'd can pm your email address I'll stick the files I've changed in a zip and get them posted to you, unless there is a better place to host them.
(2016-12-31, 22:44)grimmace92 Wrote: Any chance this can be updated for krypton?

Yeah will get to that soon. Have been busy the last while with other things but I'll try and get this sorted soon!

Awesome. A while back in the thread I saw there was some talk about incorporating Madnox or maybe Silvo into your mod. Any chance that can happen with the upgrade to Krypton?
(2016-12-28, 12:09)Wookiee Wrote: Justed signed up on here so I can post messages (can't pm Funkd yet)

What text did you change? I have a 133" projection screen and I have found the text to be just right for me. I use the Infowall view.

This only issue I have is when searching movie library. Once I type something in and search the sidebar menu thing doesn't go away. Not sure if its a skin issue or its normal.

I installed Krypton on another machine. I must say I am not a fan of the new default skin. Aeon Nox Scope is the best! Thanks again Funkd.
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH)3