• 59(current)
Release Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi
(2017-01-12, 02:07)TearDrop1319 Wrote: @Cliff999 if you read many previous posts about the region issues, it all has to do with not naming the .env file correctly... the extension should change to ENV, if your file extenstion is still a text document then it will not work...i had the same issue...edit your env file in Notepad... not wordpad.... click save... make sure you under file type you select all files... and just type .env as file name.. this will work... if you save it as .txt it will not... youll know it right when the saved file extension is ENV...

Thanks TearDrop1319 but I have already done this, I copied the env.lambda file to my desk top added the info and saved as ".env" then I pasted it back to the master folder and windows did recognized it as env file type, hence I am so stumped
What does the .env file need to be named? Does it matter?
(2017-01-12, 22:36)sphirst Wrote: What does the .env file need to be named? Does it matter?

".env" isn't a description of the file, it is the file (name).

And yes, it very much matters.
So what does the file need to be named? I have called it kodi.env - it is definitely a .env file (which seems to have been a problem).
Should it be called simply .env ?
It needs to be named nothing more than ".env"
I know this sounds silly but .env.env ?
I have tried calling it just .env but it says it must have a filename
No.. just ".env"

Blame Windows for that. Go to a DOS prompt and rename it to just ".env". Or however else you'd like to get Windows to stop trying to 'correct' you.
Thanks for clearing that up!
I've tried deploying to AWS via command prompt but I've no idea if it's actually doing anything. I'm getting a delay after I run "C:\Python27\Scripts\lambda-deploy.exe deploy" but after that I get additional text or lines of code...is that another place I'm going wrong?
I can't really know unless you tell me what the additional text is. Yes, it's supposed to spit out what it's doing. Whether or not it succeeded depends on what that text says, though.
It doesn't spew any text at all - just goes back to prompting me to put something on, though I've now tried it again and it just hangs continuously, no indication that it's doing anything at all
I have never actually used lambda-deploy, so I don't have any personal experience with how and why it might fail.

You might ask its author -- github.
[EDIT] Is there something wrong with my command prompt that it doesn't show me any kind of text after instructing it to do things?

Ok I've reinstalled Python and it seems to be working better, got through to installing lambda-deploy but trying to deploy and it's hanging on "adding new kodi-alexa-master lambda"
After for some time, this happened so it looks like it wasn't successful and I'm not really sure how...

Any solution for adding a large music library to the slots? Had to leave them with just "empty" as it was complaining of a 140 character limit......... Is that a limit per line or something?

Thanks for the help by the way I'm up and running now and so far so good apart from my music.
(2017-01-12, 23:41)Nelbert Wrote: Any solution for adding a large music library to the slots? Had to leave them with just "empty" as it was complaining of a 140 character limit......... Is that a limit per line or something?

Thanks for the help by the way I'm up and running now and so far so good apart from my music.

I have just used the slot generator script and I have a music library of about 10.000 songs of 400 artists and 2.000 albums (or so). It was no problem pasting the information from the text boxes of the slot generator to the "custom slot" text boxes. Only error I got was because of duplicates (as there are several songs with the same title so I removed the duplicates) and an error about quatation marks in album titles (got some of these in soundtracks) and I just removed them..otherwise no problem adding all these entries to the custom slots...
  • 59(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kanzi: Amazon Alexa skill for Kodi15