CyberLink Remote?
Code:
Bus 004 Device 002: ID 0766:0204 Jess-Link Products Co., Ltd
Pvt_Ryan Wrote:
Code:
Bus 004 Device 002: ID 0766:0204 Jess-Link Products Co., Ltd

It's the same device but mine doesn't work Smile
Anyway, now i have another remote (MC remote), so everything it fine.
Thank you for your answers and patience.
Have a nice day.
I am also trying to get this remote working but I'm getting erros after typing make (ubuntu 8.10 32bit)

Code:
carl@carl-desktop:~/cyberlinkusb-20080924$ sudo make
cc -Wall -Wextra -O3 -c -o cyberlinkusb.o cyberlinkusb.cc
cyberlinkusb.cc:25:17: error: usb.h: No such file or directory
cyberlinkusb.cc:44: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘usb_dev_handle’ with no type
cyberlinkusb.cc:44: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘*’ token                              
cyberlinkusb.cc: In function ‘void* watchInterface(void*)’:                            
cyberlinkusb.cc:95: error: ‘struct watchInterfaceArg’ has no member named ‘handle’    
cyberlinkusb.cc:95: error: ‘usb_open’ was not declared in this scope                  
cyberlinkusb.cc:97: error: ‘struct watchInterfaceArg’ has no member named ‘handle’    
cyberlinkusb.cc:98: error: ‘usb_strerror’ was not declared in this scope              
cyberlinkusb.cc:104: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct usb_device’        
cyberlinkusb.cc:45: error: forward declaration of ‘struct usb_device’                  
cyberlinkusb.cc:106: error: ‘struct watchInterfaceArg’ has no member named ‘handle’    
cyberlinkusb.cc:106: error: ‘usb_close’ was not declared in this scope                
cyberlinkusb.cc:110: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct usb_device’        
cyberlinkusb.cc:112: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct usb_device’        
cyberlinkusb.cc:114: error: ‘struct watchInterfaceArg’ has no member named ‘handle’    
cyberlinkusb.cc:114: error: ‘usb_close’ was not declared in this scope                
cyberlinkusb.cc:118: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct usb_device’        
cyberlinkusb.cc:122: error: ‘struct watchInterfaceArg’ has no member named ‘handle’    
cyberlinkusb.cc:122: error: ‘usb_get_driver_np’ was not declared in this scope        
cyberlinkusb.cc:123: error: ‘usb_strerror’ was not declared in this scope              
cyberlinkusb.cc:128: error: ‘struct watchInterfaceArg’ has no member named ‘handle’    
cyberlinkusb.cc:128: error: ‘usb_detach_kernel_driver_np’ was not declared in this scope
cyberlinkusb.cc:129: error: ‘usb_strerror’ was not declared in this scope              
cyberlinkusb.cc:132: error: ‘struct watchInterfaceArg’ has no member named ‘handle’    
cyberlinkusb.cc:132: error: ‘usb_claim_interface’ was not declared in this scope        
cyberlinkusb.cc:133: error: ‘usb_strerror’ was not declared in this scope              
cyberlinkusb.cc:134: error: ‘struct watchInterfaceArg’ has no member named ‘handle’    
cyberlinkusb.cc:134: error: ‘usb_close’ was not declared in this scope                  
cyberlinkusb.cc:137: error: ‘struct watchInterfaceArg’ has no member named ‘handle’    
cyberlinkusb.cc:137: error: ‘usb_set_altinterface’ was not declared in this scope      
cyberlinkusb.cc:144: error: ‘struct watchInterfaceArg’ has no member named ‘handle’    
cyberlinkusb.cc:144: error: ‘usb_release_interface’ was not declared in this scope      
cyberlinkusb.cc:145: error: ‘struct watchInterfaceArg’ has no member named ‘handle’    
cyberlinkusb.cc:145: error: ‘usb_close’ was not declared in this scope                  
cyberlinkusb.cc:156: error: ‘struct watchInterfaceArg’ has no member named ‘handle’    
cyberlinkusb.cc:156: error: ‘usb_interrupt_read’ was not declared in this scope        
cyberlinkusb.cc:161: error: ‘struct watchInterfaceArg’ has no member named ‘handle’    
cyberlinkusb.cc:161: error: ‘usb_interrupt_read’ was not declared in this scope        
cyberlinkusb.cc:189: error: ‘struct watchInterfaceArg’ has no member named ‘handle’    
cyberlinkusb.cc:193: error: ‘struct watchInterfaceArg’ has no member named ‘handle’    
cyberlinkusb.cc:198: error: ‘usb_strerror’ was not declared in this scope              
cyberlinkusb.cc:201: error: ‘usb_strerror’ was not declared in this scope              
cyberlinkusb.cc:206: error: ‘usb_strerror’ was not declared in this scope              
cyberlinkusb.cc:211: error: ‘struct watchInterfaceArg’ has no member named ‘handle’    
cyberlinkusb.cc:211: error: ‘usb_release_interface’ was not declared in this scope      
cyberlinkusb.cc:215: error: ‘struct watchInterfaceArg’ has no member named ‘handle’    
cyberlinkusb.cc:215: error: ‘usb_close’ was not declared in this scope                  
cyberlinkusb.cc: In function ‘int runthreads(usb_device*)’:                            
cyberlinkusb.cc:224: error: ‘struct watchInterfaceArg’ has no member named ‘handle’    
cyberlinkusb.cc: In function ‘usb_device* lookup()’:                                    
cyberlinkusb.cc:247: error: ‘usb_get_busses’ was not declared in this scope            
cyberlinkusb.cc:247: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct usb_bus’            
cyberlinkusb.cc:244: error: forward declaration of ‘struct usb_bus’                    
cyberlinkusb.cc:248: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct usb_bus’            
cyberlinkusb.cc:250: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct usb_bus’            
cyberlinkusb.cc:250: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct usb_device’          
cyberlinkusb.cc:252: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct usb_device’          
cyberlinkusb.cc:253: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct usb_device’          
cyberlinkusb.cc:254: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct usb_device’          
cyberlinkusb.cc:257: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct usb_device’
cyberlinkusb.cc:257: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct usb_device’
cyberlinkusb.cc: At global scope:
cyberlinkusb.cc:267: warning: unused parameter ‘sig’
cyberlinkusb.cc: In function ‘int main(int, char**)’:
cyberlinkusb.cc:321: error: ‘usb_set_debug’ was not declared in this scope
cyberlinkusb.cc:324: error: ‘usb_init’ was not declared in this scope
cyberlinkusb.cc:326: error: ‘usb_find_busses’ was not declared in this scope
cyberlinkusb.cc:331: error: ‘usb_find_devices’ was not declared in this scope
cyberlinkusb.cc:344: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct usb_device’
cyberlinkusb.cc:345: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct usb_device’
cyberlinkusb.cc:349: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct usb_device’
cyberlinkusb.cc:350: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘struct usb_device’
make: *** [cyberlinkusb.o] Error 1
i have one of these cyberlink remotes working with lirc on a mythfrontend. I also previously had it working on xbmc on the ubuntu platform.

As you know the output of lsusb shows two events. You want to confiure lirc to use the second one marked as a mouse input.

Also you need to tell lirc to use the devinput driver, for usb keyboards (which this is).

you need lircd.conf for standard keyboards

pop this in usual /etc/lircd.conf, reboot your box and type irw in terminal, press some buttons on your remote and you should have some output. You may need to remap some keys by creating lircrc file.

You will notice that 0-9 up, down, left right buttins produce no output after typing irw, however on my ubuntu box, X interacts with those and they still work but just not with lirc.

Hope this helps someone, i never bothered with that program to change keys.
kamistukai Wrote:I am also trying to get this remote working but I'm getting erros after typing make (ubuntu 8.10 32bit)

you are missing the libs..

You need

apt-get install libusb++-dev

Sadly my driver writing for this is very slow as they have changed the kernel API since the guides I was reading were written.. grrrr.

If anyone knows of a usb kernel module guide that is recent please let me know.
Additional Info:

README Wrote:By default, the CyberLink IR receiver is recognized as a USB keyboard (buttons 0-9, Clear, Enter) and a USB Mouse (the rest).

Kernel Log:
kernel: input: TopSeed Tech Corp. USB IR Combo Device as /class/input/input3
kernel: input,hidraw0: USB HID v1.00 Keyboard [TopSeed Tech Corp. USB IR Combo Device ] on usb-0000:00:02.1-3
kernel: input: TopSeed Tech Corp. USB IR Combo Device as /class/input/input4
kernel: input,hiddev96,hidraw1: USB HID v1.00 Mouse [TopSeed Tech Corp. USB IR Combo Device ] on usb-0000:00:02.1-3
crasam Wrote:i have one of these cyberlink remotes working with lirc on a mythfrontend. I also previously had it working on xbmc on the ubuntu platform.

As you know the output of lsusb shows two events. You want to confiure lirc to use the second one marked as a mouse input.

Also you need to tell lirc to use the devinput driver, for usb keyboards (which this is).

you need lircd.conf for standard keyboards

pop this in usual /etc/lircd.conf, reboot your box and type irw in terminal, press some buttons on your remote and you should have some output. You may need to remap some keys by creating lircrc file.

You will notice that 0-9 up, down, left right buttins produce no output after typing irw, however on my ubuntu box, X interacts with those and they still work but just not with lirc.

Hope this helps someone, i never bothered with that program to change keys.

Can you go into more detail on how you got this remote working? Upon plugging the USB receiver in, the volume, arrows, numbers, OK/enter and clear buttons work (as I understand they are reconised as a USB keyboard).

I selected the "Linux Input Layer (/dev/input/eventX)" driver for the remote, and set it to event2 (which is what cat /proc/bus/input/devices listed as being the "mouse" input of this remote). I rebooted, but irw still shows nothing.

I suspect my problems lie a bit earlier than lirc though, as I found one place which said to install dvb-utils (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=39739) and use evtest /dev/input/event2 (mine is on event2) to display the button presses. This lists the button codes, but button presses do not seem to get through for me, even when pressing the "non-keyboard" buttons. Does anyone know if I am missing something?
if you read earlier you will see the program you can use and the config for it. you need to run the program as root.
Pvt_Ryan Wrote:if you read earlier you will see the program you can use and the config for it. you need to run the program as root.

Ah yes. There's a page 1. Don't I feel stupid. That's what I get for still trying to work on this at 1:30am!

Anyway, I'm using Ubuntu and the names of the required packages are slightly different to those listed in the INSTALL file, so for anyone else trying to do this with no sleep, I had to install the following packages before compiling:
xorg-dev
libxtst-dev
libxtst6
g++

After that I was able to run make and then run the program as root and almost all the buttons were recognised.

Thanks man, I'm gonna get some sleep before I try to do anything more adventurous and make another fool of myself!
under ubuntu its better to get build-essential instead of just g++. You also don't need libxtst6 as it should be installed along with the dev packages.

One of the pages has a code block with what you need.
I have remote Cyberlink P/N: 20028356. Can anybody made the remote working with XBMC Live? If Yes, would you like to post appropriate config files?
Read the whole thread it does work, but you need to run the program listed. The problem with xbmc live is that unless you have installed to your HDD you will need to redownload the program & cfg everytime you reboot.

I am still attempting to write a driver for the remote which when i finish i will submit for inclusion with the linux kernel
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/gi...577ad5f62e

Someone beat me to it.. (Mainly to do with the fact I thought of the remote as a USB device not a HID so was trying to write the wrong type of driver.. lol )

2.6.29 kernerl release has the driver.

I'll see if i can back port it tonight to the live cd / ubuntu 8.10 / 8.04... No promises though.
I'm using a modified version of the one Pvt_Ryan provided (Thanks for sharing yours!)
things I've modified:
- PowerOff always shows shutdown menu
- mapped unused buttons to XK_Fxx keys
- mapped subtitle/language to default XBMC subtitle key
- mapped LiveTV key to "switch fullscreen"
- mapped Angle to AspectRatio (both start with 'A' Smile)
- mapped Info to i
- mapped DVDMenu to contextMenu
- remapped VOL_UP
- mapped Mute to Mute

HTH,
mdd

Code:
#include <X11/XF86keysym.h>
#include <X11/keysymdef.h>
// !! DO NOT CHANGE THE ORDER !!
// for valid XK values look in X11/keysym.h
// 0 disables the key
const int KeyToXK[] = {
  XK_Escape, // KEY_HOME
  XK_s, // KEY_POWEROFF
  XK_F2, // KEY_RED
  XK_F3, // KEY_GREEN
  XK_F4, // KEY_YELLOW
  XK_F5, // KEY_BLUE
  XK_Tab, // KEY_LiveTV
  XK_F6, // KEY_Record
  XK_F7, // KEY_Radio
  XK_F8, // KEY_SAP
  XK_s, // KEY_Teletext
  XK_Tab, // KEY_LastCH
  XK_t, // KEY_Subtitle
  XK_l, // KEY_Language
  XK_z, // KEY_Angle
  XK_BackSpace, // KEY_Back
  XK_i, // KEY_Info
  XK_c, // KEY_DVDMenu
  XK_plus, // KEY_VolUp
  XK_minus, // KEY_VolDown
  XK_u, // KEY_VolMute
  XK_Page_Up, // KEY_PageUp
  XK_Page_Down, // KEY_PageDown
  XK_Up, // KEY_Up
  XK_Left, // KEY_Left
  XK_Return, // KEY_Enter
  XK_Right, // KEY_Right
  XK_Down, // KEY_Down
  XK_p, // KEY_Play Works
  XK_r, // KEY_Rewind Works
  XK_p, // KEY_Pause Works
  XK_f, // KEY_Forward Works
  XK_comma, // KEY_FastRewind
  XK_x, // KEY_Stop Works
  XK_period, // KEY_FastForward
  XK_1, // KEY_1
  XK_2, // KEY_2
  XK_3, // KEY_3
  XK_4, // KEY_4
  XK_5, // KEY_5
  XK_6, // KEY_6
  XK_7, // KEY_7
  XK_8, // KEY_8
  XK_9, // KEY_9
  XK_0, // KEY_0
  XK_d, // KEY_Clear
};

#define MICRO_IN_SEC 1000000.00
#define MICRO_IN_MILLI 1000.00
#define KEY_DELAY1 500000.00 / MICRO_IN_MILLI
#define KEY_DELAY2 100000.00 / MICRO_IN_MILLI

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
mdalacu Wrote:interface 0: Driver name: usbhid
interface 0: Cannot open X display
interface 1: Driver name: usbhid
interface 1: Cannot open X display

This doesn't sound to good Smile

P.S. My kernel version : 2.6.24-19-generic (XBMC Live CD Beta 2)

I am getting the same error as this running on 2.6.28-13-generic kernel. Does anyone know how to overcome this or what the cause might be?

Thanks,

J

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CyberLink Remote?0