• 61(current)
Release CU LRC Lyrics
(2017-02-10, 22:16)ronie Wrote: thanx for the report! it's a bug indeed.

please test if this version works ok for you:
script.cu.lrclyrics-5.3.6.zip

Thanks, yes it works fine for local LRC files as well.
Is it possible to save the "manually sync lyrics" offset for each individual track. As the offset gets reset once i play song again.

Thanks
it already does save the offset to file...
but i think if you play the same song again immediately, it will use a previously cached version from memory instead of reading the lyrics from file.

could you test by restarting kodi inbetween playing the same song again?
that should work ok i think?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2017-02-16, 01:19)ronie Wrote: it already does save the offset to file...
but i think if you play the same song again immediately, it will use a previously cached version from memory instead of reading the lyrics from file.

could you test by restarting kodi inbetween playing the same song again?
that should work ok i think?

oh right so it saves the offset to file. Looks good now i was looking for the offset to still show 0.45 when i opened the song again. When it showed 0 thought it didnt save. But checking it again looks in sync.

Thanks again
Hello,

Your addon is really useful.

Could you add
- lyrics inside our database.
- a search function,
And we would be able to find a song without remembering it's title, but just some words ...

As text files are lightwheight, database would not be so big !

Right now, I use a script that generates such a text file, and I can search all my lyrics. But this is outside Kodi.
So, I know this is possible for kodi.

Is there an auto scan option : I would let my computer on, and hours later, get all available lyrics ...
nope, you can't store lyrics in the kodi music database, there's no such option.

scanning all lyrics at once, will likely lead to a (temp) ban on the sites you're trying to download from.
...believe me, i've tried ;-)
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2017-02-17, 16:59)ronie Wrote: nope, you can't store lyrics in the kodi music database, there's no such option.

scanning all lyrics at once, will likely lead to a (temp) ban on the sites you're trying to download from.
...believe me, i've tried ;-)
I do believe you.

Concerning the database, I can study how kodi works, for a lyrics search addon.
I have some sql knowledge.
It's easy to create / populate a new database automatically, Kodi independant. Most difficult (but interesting) will be it's integration.

Thanks for answering.
Roni,

There seems to be another bug this is mainly to do with embedded lyrics. If the lyrics are added to a FLAC file, is getting rendered properly, however if the same lyrics is added to an MP3 file, its not recognizing the time-stamp, but lyrics get displayed with the result it doesn't sync with the song.

see below for examples, you can notice the song is in the 2 minute mark but the lyrics shows the opening line.

Hmm. A few months ago, ronie fixed a bug with embedded lyrics in flac files not being read and displayed at all, atlind01, I hope this MP3 oddity isn't a result of the fix for that!

Ronie, just a reminder of how much we appreciate the work you and the Kodi team do on this addon and so many others.
(2017-02-17, 20:31)atlind01 Wrote: There seems to be another bug this is mainly to do with embedded lyrics. If the lyrics are added to a FLAC file, is getting rendered properly, however if the same lyrics is added to an MP3 file, its not recognizing the time-stamp, but lyrics get displayed with the result it doesn't sync with the song.

see below for examples, you can notice the song is in the 2 minute mark but the lyrics shows the opening line.

perhaps you have added the lyrics to the wrong id3 tag?

if you want to embed lrc based (synced) lyrics, they have to be added to the 'SYLT' id3 tag.
normal text based lyrics (unsynced) need to be added to the 'USLT' id3 tag.
(2017-02-17, 23:55)ronie Wrote:
(2017-02-17, 20:31)atlind01 Wrote: There seems to be another bug this is mainly to do with embedded lyrics. If the lyrics are added to a FLAC file, is getting rendered properly, however if the same lyrics is added to an MP3 file, its not recognizing the time-stamp, but lyrics get displayed with the result it doesn't sync with the song.

perhaps you have added the lyrics to the wrong id3 tag?

if you want to embed lrc based (synced) lyrics, they have to be added to the 'SYLT' id3 tag.
normal text based lyrics (unsynced) need to be added to the 'USLT' id3 tag.

That's what I thought, but the USLT vs SYLT doesn't seems to make a difference. I tried all combinations it consistantly failing with MP3 files.

can you upload the mp3 somewhere and PM me the download link?
also, which program are you using to add the lyrics to the mp3 file?
I just discover spotify through Kodi.
Lyrics are displayed with CU LRC Lyrics. Really great as Spotify do not use musicxmatch anymore.

Is it possible to save these" Spotify" lyrics to files ?
I had a look to the .kodi temp folder and to my /tmp folder, while playing a song.
grep did not return any answer !
by default cu lrc saves all lyrics to
/home/<user>/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.cu.lrclyrics/lyrics
(2017-02-18, 21:28)ronie Wrote: by default cu lrc saves all lyrics to
/home/<user>/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.cu.lrclyrics/lyrics
Thank you ronie, but I'm not using the default CU LRC settings.
I'm using the lyrics subfolder option, because every family member can use them through our library shares.

In that case, are "spotify lyrics" saved somewhere ?

If no, I can use 2 .kodi folders : I just have to rename them to switch configurations. I can use a script to automate this.
- one, as you mention, to record our spotify playlists lyrics to .kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.cu.lrclyrics/lyrics,
- the other one for standard use.
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CU LRC Lyrics1