• 40(current)
Release Mimic 5.x for Krypton
(2017-04-05, 14:49)l33twannabe Wrote: Hello ! First of all - I love mimic skin. Been using it with Kodi 16.1 for almost a year, but a time has come to update it at last. Mimic with Kodi 17.1 looks great as well, but there are some things to change to make it even better. The very first thing I noticed was I couldn't make overlay background set to 0 so I could see all the backgrounds for different sections in full opacity (I don't use any widgets, so a background without an overlay is what I'm looking for). I somehow bypassed it by making an overlay png file and it would work just fine, but the backgrounds don't dim when I enter specific sections and that makes the text almost invisible at times. So would it be possible to somehow modify the skin to have an overlay set to 0 on all home sections, but as soon as I enter any of them, the default overlay would be applied ?

Thanks in advance for any kind of help/answer.
There is no option, but you can edit the xml file yourself http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2548053
(2017-04-05, 15:04)FXB78 Wrote:
(2017-04-05, 14:49)l33twannabe Wrote: Hello ! First of all - I love mimic skin. Been using it with Kodi 16.1 for almost a year, but a time has come to update it at last. Mimic with Kodi 17.1 looks great as well, but there are some things to change to make it even better. The very first thing I noticed was I couldn't make overlay background set to 0 so I could see all the backgrounds for different sections in full opacity (I don't use any widgets, so a background without an overlay is what I'm looking for). I somehow bypassed it by making an overlay png file and it would work just fine, but the backgrounds don't dim when I enter specific sections and that makes the text almost invisible at times. So would it be possible to somehow modify the skin to have an overlay set to 0 on all home sections, but as soon as I enter any of them, the default overlay would be applied ?

Thanks in advance for any kind of help/answer.
There is no option, but you can edit the xml file yourself http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2548053
Thank you very much, it looks much better now ! One more question though. Is it possible for the black tint on the bottom menu to have exactly the same transparency as the black tint on the top?
(2017-04-05, 16:39)l33twannabe Wrote: Thank you very much, it looks much better now ! One more question though. Is it possible for the black tint on the bottom menu to have exactly the same transparency as the black tint on the top?
I don't know because I also removed the top bar, but if you duplicated the code to overlay the image again, i.e. pasted the same code in again directly below that would probably come close. But I haven't tried it Smile
Actually what I want is the bottom bar more transparent than it is now and exactly (or more less) the same as the top bar. If I understand correctly, your solution would make the top bar less transparent, right ? Smile
(2017-04-05, 18:47)l33twannabe Wrote: Actually what I want is the bottom bar more transparent than it is now and exactly (or more less) the same as the top bar. If I understand correctly, your solution would make the top bar less transparent, right ? Smile
You could try adjusting the opacity value, but I suspect that would also affect the top bar. If that didn't work you could dig out whichever png it uses, make a copy & adjust it via Photoshop. That might be a bit too much like hard work & I'm not sure off the top of my head which png it would be using. You could maybe find out by looking in variables.xml or something. Seems a lot of work for what it is, my preference was just to comment out the top bar as I didn't need to see it on the home page anyway Smile
(2017-04-05, 18:56)FXB78 Wrote:
(2017-04-05, 18:47)l33twannabe Wrote: Actually what I want is the bottom bar more transparent than it is now and exactly (or more less) the same as the top bar. If I understand correctly, your solution would make the top bar less transparent, right ? Smile
You could try adjusting the opacity value, but I suspect that would also affect the top bar. If that didn't work you could dig out whichever png it uses, make a copy & adjust it via Photoshop. That might be a bit too much like hard work & I'm not sure off the top of my head which png it would be using. You could maybe find out by looking in variables.xml or something. Seems a lot of work for what it is, my preference was just to comment out the top bar as I didn't need to see it on the home page anyway Smile

I just adjusted my images via photoshop, was quicker than trying to dig through the code
(2017-03-14, 11:39)FXB78 Wrote: @S777DUB, by all the changes you want to make you might be better off just choosing another skin!

But anyway, I also didn't like the full-screen overlay on the home screen so removed it & kept the black tint on the menu items at the bottom of the screen. This is the code I edited in Home.xml:

Code:
<control type="image">
            <!--include>FullscreenDimensions</include-->
            <top>926</top>
            <width>FullScreenWidth</width>
            <height>160</height>
            <texture>$VAR[CommonBackgroundOverlay]</texture>
            <colordiffuse>$VAR[ColorBackgroundVar]</colordiffuse>
        <animation effect="slide" tween="cubic" time="200" start="0,160" end="0,0">WindowOpen</animation>
        <animation effect="slide" tween="cubic" time="200" end="0,160" start="0,0">WindowClose</animation>
        </control>

You should be able to adjust it to suit your needs.

This didn't seem to change anything on mine. Are you commenting out "FullscreenDimensions" or is that just for the forum? Either way I tried it both ways with zero effect. When I first launch kodi I see this, where the text and highlight is dimmed.

After hitting any button it changes to...not dimmed

Again this is what I see with or without modifying Home.xml. I just copied/pasted your comment, so maybe a format issue? This is what it looks like in Notepad++

Any ideas? Thanks.
(2017-03-24, 23:19)braz Wrote:
(2017-03-23, 17:30)StreamMan Wrote:
(2017-03-22, 21:55)braz Wrote: You can disable fanart in the dialog that lets you set it by section (I think).
In Mimic v3.4.2, there is a setting to disable Fanart: "Backgrounds/Setup section backgrounds/FanartBig Grinisabled".

Could that setting be added to Mimic v5?

Thanks
Ah, forgot I had reconfigured the backgrounds options in Mimic v5. Won't be adding the section backgrounds option back, but may look into adding an option to disable all fanart.

Well that sucks to hear. That was one of the main things that sold me on this skin in Helix. Customize all the things!
Hi !

I have a strange behavior with Mimic 5.x, I'm not sure if it's by design or if it's a bug.

Long story short, I keep my video files in a certain number of folders.
I'm trying to set differents viewModes for my folders, for example
List for /video/anime/
LowPanel for /video/anime/movies/
List for /video/movies/
LowPanel for /video/movies/action/
etc...

Sometimes when I change the viewMode of a folder, the viewMode change for another one at the same time.
For example, when I change some viewModes in /video/series/ it also make some changes in /video/animes/

Is there a way to "force" or configure specific viewModes to specific folders ?

I don't remember having this problem in mimic 4.x, and I had the same folder tree.

Thank you in advance for your answers.
@burcs - Looks like you modded something else to remove the overlay completely. My code just moves the overlay to the bottom portion of the screen, but for whatever reason you have no overlay in the first place.
(2017-04-07, 17:03)croustifajita Wrote: Hi !

I have a strange behavior with Mimic 5.x, I'm not sure if it's by design or if it's a bug.

Long story short, I keep my video files in a certain number of folders.
I'm trying to set differents viewModes for my folders, for example
List for /video/anime/
LowPanel for /video/anime/movies/
List for /video/movies/
LowPanel for /video/movies/action/
etc...

Sometimes when I change the viewMode of a folder, the viewMode change for another one at the same time.
For example, when I change some viewModes in /video/series/ it also make some changes in /video/animes/

Is there a way to "force" or configure specific viewModes to specific folders ?

I don't remember having this problem in mimic 4.x, and I had the same folder tree.

Thank you in advance for your answers.
Kodi remembers the chosen view modes, skins have no control over that. Except that some skins allow to force a particular view, though that's more of a hack IMO.
Hi Braz! Love Mimic and have been using it for 2 years as my main skin.

Quick question. When I set my android apps as a widget and select sort by last used, it works the first time the skin rebuilds. But any changes or rebuilds after for anything else, reverts it into a default order. Any fixes?

It works for my addons in the same settings, just not android apps.
Thanks in advanced.
(2017-04-08, 01:57)braz Wrote: Kodi remembers the chosen view modes, skins have no control over that. Except that some skins allow to force a particular view, though that's more of a hack IMO.

Thanks for your answer !

I'll investigate this problem, as I upgraded Libreelec, Kodi and Mimic at the same time, could be related to many things...
Hi, I've just installed Mimic on my amazon fire stick and got it all set up.

Autocomplete doesn't seem to be working correctly: It gives me suggestions as I type, but selecting a suggestion (causes the loading symbol to appear briefly in the top left) does not complete the text field. I have to manually type out the full word, clicking a suggestion does not complete it.

Am I missing something silly?

Thanks!
Is there any way to add "PIctures" back to this skin?
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic 5.x for Krypton2