• 504(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
Hi,
I am missing RTMP input stream settings in my addons since updating latest libreelec.. am I missing anything? is this wrong place to post?

Thank you

P.S...... I was able to install RTMP and inputstrems from LibreElec Repository. Thanks again
(2017-04-17, 06:38)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2017-04-17, 05:39)spacecowboy618 Wrote: Hello, thanks for the script. I did something wrong to my Asus Chromebox. I ran the script pressed 6 and rebooted on accident. Now when it starts up I get press esc in 5 seconds to skip startup.nsh any other key to continue
Shell>
Am I screwed?
no problem at all, just create the LibreELEC install media from another machine and boot that, then install.

Sent from my Nexus 6P (typie typie)

Thanks I was freaking out at first then I typed "Exit" and changed boot to usb. Thanks. Nice to see your 6P going strong still.
I think my internal drive failed.
This is an acer cxi-haswell

I have been running kodi via gallium os and a few moths ago switched to libreelec 8 per matts recommendation. It has been a great move, very happy.
This morning discovered the system had crashed and froze. Rebooted to a screen of errors. Rebooted and no disk is found. Tried to reinstall libreelec no drive found.

Can you recommend the best way to trouble shoot this? Or do I need to just install a new disk?
Can I just install to a external usb, if so what should I use.

Thanks as always for the help and advice
(2017-04-24, 15:30)mxlance Wrote: I think my internal drive failed.
This is an acer cxi-haswell

I have been running kodi via gallium os and a few moths ago switched to libreelec 8 per matts recommendation. It has been a great move, very happy.
This morning discovered the system had crashed and froze. Rebooted to a screen of errors. Rebooted and no disk is found. Tried to reinstall libreelec no drive found.

Can you recommend the best way to trouble shoot this? Or do I need to just install a new disk?
Can I just install to a external usb, if so what should I use.

Thanks as always for the help and advice

probably easiest just to replace the failed internal ssd (m.2 SATA 2242)
@matt - thank you for the reply

i was afraid of that.
these are difficult to find, is this a good choice?
amazon: Transcend 64GB SATA III 6Gb/s MTS400 42 mm M.2 SSD Solid State Drive (TS64GMTS400)

thank you
(2017-04-25, 12:12)mxlance Wrote: @matt - thank you for the reply

i was afraid of that.
these are difficult to find, is this a good choice?
amazon: Transcend 64GB SATA III 6Gb/s MTS400 42 mm M.2 SSD Solid State Drive (TS64GMTS400)

thank you

no, they're pretty common, and that drive will work just fine - in fact I use the same one myself in one of my boxes
thank you for the help
Hi, I been having some weird issues with my asus chromebox cn60, when I'm watching any kind of video even just browsing the interface it just hangs, I have to get up and power it down and back up again. Before I upgraded to Librelec with Kodi 17 everything was working flawlessly. I reverted back to Libreelec Kodi 16.1 everything seems fine. But I wanted to keep my system up to date (you know been one of the cool kids). I do have to mention that I have never upgraded the Chromebox firmware besides the first time I ran E-Z Setup script like 2 years ago. Do I need to update to a new firmware (maybe tthats the problem)?

Thanks
Luis
(2017-04-26, 04:58)lucho528 Wrote: Hi, I been having some weird issues with my asus chromebox cn60, when I'm watching any kind of video even just browsing the interface it just hangs, I have to get up and power it down and back up again. Before I upgraded to Librelec with Kodi 17 everything was working flawlessly. I reverted back to Libreelec Kodi 16.1 everything seems fine. But I wanted to keep my system up to date (you know been one of the cool kids). I do have to mention that I have never upgraded the Chromebox firmware besides the first time I ran E-Z Setup script like 2 years ago. Do I need to update to a new firmware (maybe tthats the problem)?

Thanks
Luis

Luis,

sounds like an addon incompatibility, since a clean install of LE 8.0/Kodi 17.1 shouldn't exhibit any of those issues. To test that theory, you could create a USB installer for LE 8.0 and boot it in Live mode, and see if the symptoms persist.

while I don't think this is in any way firmware related, the newer/UEFI firmware is a lot better than the older Legacy boot firmware you're running. If you do want to update, you'll need to first backup your LE userdata (using the built-in backup function) to USB, update the firmware, reinstall LE from USB, then restore your userdata. This is necessary since the UEFI firmware can't boot an OS installed in legacy BIOS mode.
Hello Matt, I have an HP Chromebox CB1-014 upgraded with 8GB of RAM, 64GB SSD and with your firmware (2017.02.21). Do you know if it would be possible to install Xpenology to use as a NAS?

Thank´s for your work.
(2017-04-26, 19:06)josuaitor Wrote: Hello Matt, I have an HP Chromebox CB1-014 upgraded with 8GB of RAM, 64GB SSD and with your firmware (2017.02.21). Do you know if it would be possible to install Xpenology to use as a NAS?

Thank´s for your work.

I don't see why not, the RT8168 ethernet is supported
(2017-04-27, 16:25)Matt Devo Wrote: I don't see why not, the RT8168 ethernet is supported

Ok, thanks. When I have free time I will put the 16GB SSD and try to see if I can install it.

Greetings.
Hey Matt, great script I have used it a good few times, however, there is this one Chromebox ACER CXI2 I'm having a headache with, I installed a standalone version of Ubuntu, when the chromebox rebooted it's boots to SHELL> ......
I then have to mount sx0 root
root:
cd EFI/ubuntu/
grubx64.efi

can anyone shine some light as to why it's not bootingHuh
(2017-04-29, 11:07)NeoNapster Wrote: Hey Matt, great script I have used it a good few times, however, there is this one Chromebox ACER CXI2 I'm having a headache with, I installed a standalone version of Ubuntu, when the chromebox rebooted it's boots to SHELL> ......
I then have to mount sx0 root
root:
cd EFI/ubuntu/
grubx64.efi

can anyone shine some light as to why it's not bootingHuh

easy fix, and issue is addressed on my FAQ page - need to copy the grubx64.efi file to the location expected by the firmware (since it doesn't currently support 'custom' boot paths).
Hi Matt,

I hope you're having a good weekend. I have a dilemma and hope you can steer me in the right direction. I have a Asus chomebox with LibreElec (Krypton 17.1) installed and it's working great (dual boot if that matters).

I was playing around with an Amazon Fire TV remote and was able to connect it to my chromebox via bluetooth. The issue arises when i restart the box. The AFT remote doesn't pair or connect when LibreElec loads again. I have to manually unpair it and pair it again for it to function.

Any ideas? Would I have to get a separate bluetooth dongle for it to work properly? Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Bluetoot...oth+dongle

Cheers,
  • 504(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37